Sign in to follow this  
LionKid90

Tough Draft Decisions

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

grabbing sanders as my wr4 over barber as my rb3.  was hoping barber would make it back to me in the next round, but he didnt.....

In what round was this?

4 minutes ago, Novaray said:

In what round was this?

at the 5/6 turn in a 12 man ppr league.  it was pretty wishful thinking to expect barber to last 23 picks at that point, but he ended up going at 6.04, so it wasnt even close....

2 hours ago, InVINCEable said:

Gordon vs Fournette in the late 1st ..... planning on Lenny

Howard over Julio in the 2nd..following a large contingent of people who think JoHo is gonna ball out this year.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, herschel said:

at the 5/6 turn in a 12 man ppr league.  it was pretty wishful thinking to expect barber to last 23 picks at that point, but he ended up going at 6.04, so it wasnt even close....

Gotcha, took Barber at 5.10 in a 12 man 0.5ppr league.  Sanders went with the very next pick.  Was almost 50/50 between who I wanted between Barber and Sanders at my pick, had some buyer's anxiety after the draft because I wasn't sure how "sharp" the other owners in my league are and that I may have been able to get Barber a couple of rounds later.  Feel like Barber might be one of the toughest players to judge with a wide range of potential values

6 minutes ago, Novaray said:

Gotcha, took Barber at 5.10 in a 12 man 0.5ppr league.  Sanders went with the very next pick.  Was almost 50/50 between who I wanted between Barber and Sanders at my pick, had some buyer's anxiety after the draft because I wasn't sure how "sharp" the other owners in my league are and that I may have been able to get Barber a couple of rounds later.  Feel like Barber might be one of the toughest players to judge with a wide range of potential values

yeah.  im in a cbs league and they had barber ranked around 100s, but the preseason hype on him was definitely pretty high (and justifiably so).  if i could do it over, even though i really like sanders this year, i probably would have taken barber.  rbs just dry up so quickly as i thought that there were decent wr targets through at least the top 10 rounds.....

Edited by herschel
  • Like 1

Had the 6th pick in a money league draft and was hoping to get Brown. Draft started Gurley, Bell, DJ, then went Kamara and M Gordon at 5. So had Zeke and Brown sitting there. Went Zeke. In second I got AJ Green, took him over Adams and Hill, which I’m regretting atm. Took Royce in 4th since Miller was gone and reached a bit for Ingram in the 5th. But landed Barber with the 91st pick, so pretty happy overall with the RB situation. 

Ill probably get some flack for this one(hell, maybe all my picks), took Burton over Engram and Rudolph. Not sure that was a smart move, but excited bout Burton. I always feel prepared when going into a draft, but when it starts, I really feel the pressure.

Just now, Psideresider said:

Had the 6th pick in a money league draft and was hoping to get Brown. Draft started Gurley, Bell, DJ, then went Kamara and M Gordon at 5. So had Zeke and Brown sitting there. Went Zeke. In second I got AJ Green, took him over Adams and Hill, which I’m regretting atm. Took Royce in 4th since Miller was gone and reached a bit for Ingram in the 5th. But landed Barber with the 91st pick, so pretty happy overall with the RB situation. 

Ill probably get some flack for this one(hell, maybe all my picks), took Burton over Engram and Rudolph. Not sure that was a smart move, but excited bout Burton. I always feel prepared when going into a draft, but when it starts, I really feel the pressure.

I don't mind that pick. His ceiling is a lot higher than that of Rudolph and has a lot less competition for targets compared to Engram. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

you forgot to mention your 3rd rd pick...was it forgettable?

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don't mind that pick. His ceiling is a lot higher than that of Rudolph and has a lot less competition for targets compared to Engram. 

Rudolph's ceiling has never been higher with Cousins slinging the ball. 

• Like 1

My draft was over a week ago and the DEN coaching staff was touting Booker as the starter and talking about Freeman playing in the 4th preseason game. Both Freeman and Dion Lewis were available in the 5th round and I opted for Dion in my 12 team 0.5 PPR league. I don't think Lewis will be a bust in that format but really feel like I should have gone Freeman there.

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

you forgot to mention your 3rd rd pick...was it forgettable?

Stephon Diggs, which I’m not mad at. Was between him , Baldwin, and Hilton.

3 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Feel like we need a thread on this. We all drafted. Most of us mock and try to prepare, but nothing is like going through the real draft. You can mock a ton of times and you face a situation in the draft you haven't had before. 

I had the 7th pick, which I feel like is the toughest. All the obvious guys are off the board, which leaves you between Saquon, the WR1's (minus AB) and the mid to low end RB1's (Hunt, Fournette, Cook). I went with Hopkins.

Went Wilson over Watson at QB.

Howard over Mixon in the third

Hunt over Cook

Landry as my WR2 over guys like Cooper, Gordon, Tate, Jones, and even Theilen.

I like all of your decisions... Except for Landry.

2 hours ago, Beerdown said:

Diggs over A.J. Green 

Mariota over Mahomes (Superflex league)

Questioning these moves but I don’t necessarily feel like I made the wrong one.

Diggs over AJ Green might hurt you in the end.

18 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Rudolph's ceiling has never been higher with Cousins slinging the ball. 

That’s great but it’s still not as high as Burton’s who is basically a WR disguised as a TE.

11 minutes ago, affliction said:

PPR pick 2 Lamar Miller. Freeman or Drizzy Drake.

Miller and Drake... easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Keenan Allen over OBJ. Purely a QB-related play.

Thats pretty crazy to me

The choice between the WRs and RBs in the 3rd/4th after Mixon/Howard/Shady are gone.  I feel so much better about the WRs in that range (Hilton, Tyreek, Cooper, Diggs) but RBs go so fast that you know you won’t be happy with your RB2 if you wait until the 5th/6th.  Last night I went with Hilton + Amari > one of Drake, Collins, Lamar Miller.

Different drafts, but...

Hunt over CMC at pick 15 and wish I picked CMC. Ended up trading hunt/Garcon for Howard/Goodwin bc I hated it so much lol

Took Dion over Sanders in rd5 and regret it

Took Evans over Hill top of 12man rd3 and now wish I'd of gone Hill even after saying I think Evans will be top 5 wr

Hill vs Diggs at 3.1. 

Went with Hill because he has a better injury history and I expect KC defense to be a joke which should mean more opportunities. But it was very close, really high on Diggs this year. Think he has legit top 5 upside. 

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That’s great but it’s still not as high as Burton’s who is basically a WR disguised as a TE.

If you have faith in Trubisky. 

I have more faith Cousins can make Rudolph relevant. Jury is still out on Trubisky.

Edited by oliminator123

5 hours ago, chud12 said:

Went Rivers over Wentz because I wanted to go safe and I hate it now... 

You may have chosen wisely if Dr. Chao is correct.

"At this point, medically, he is more likely to start Week 7 (after a Thursday night game in Week 6) or Week 10 (after a bye in Week 9) than he is to start Week 2. "

https://twitter.com/ProotballDoc/status/1036646099052724225

Edited by dicka24
  • Like 1

Why can I never remember how to insert a Tweet in here.  What am I doing wrong?

Edited by dicka24

recently in a draft these were my hard decisions: davante adams, gronk, or devonta freeman.

alex collins, mccoy, or royce freeman.