bgar15

Kyle Juszczyk 2018 Outlook

With Alfred Morris and Matt Brieda likely to take down the early down work, anyone think KJ can secure the passing down situations? He's the clear pick for the best pass catcher and has a chance to have some deep value in PPR leagues.

Someone to certainly keep an eye on.

Maybe a Duke Johnson lite?

Edited by bgar15

He's not directly taking away snaps from Morris/Breida. He will be on the field at the same time as one of them being the fullback/Tight end hy-brid. When he's not blocking. He does have 60 reception 600 yard upside with some random TDs. As the team started having success when a good QB made more of a focus in targets over Hyde/Breida.

Despite shanny's love of pass catching tail backs. He may have learned trying to fit a square peg into a round hole doesn't work. (Trying to heavily use running backs in the passing game that are not very good at it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Might be ppr gold if breida misses time

Seems like he's going to miss at least 1-2 games... need to wait further along the week to be sure though

Seriously considering adding & playing as my RB2 this week due to injuries/byes.  

I'd honestly take 5 catches, 45 total yards.

everyone knows he’s not a viable season long add but could definitely be startable the next two weeks in PPR. If you’re desperate then he could be worth playing this week. Any chance he would get goal line carries with his size? Or is he strictly for receiving?

As a Breida owner I may try to get him for free if possible. He has a pretty defined receiving role that may increase the next few weeks with Breida being out.

anything to see here, he is obviously better in PPR.  Reminds me of Tom Rathman.  I would rather start him then guys like Peyton Barber or Derrick Henry

Game script favor him next week might have a decent game with TD I added 3$ to his name 

Edited by krest509

Breida could be out for a while guys. Might be the dreaded high ankle sprain.

Juice is the back to own in SF. Yep I said it.

Goes without saying they are going to be in negative gamescript for big chunks of games.

Watching game vs Cardinals. 49ers had the ball first, took it all the way down, ended with a Breida TD. On that opening drive (again, first drive, 0-0 score) there was lots of Juice, including 2 screen passes to him that went for decent yardage.

Guy is putting up points in my PPR and a game vs GB is an ideal gamescript projection

All about that fullback lyfe

Snap counts vs Cardinals:

Offense

Total offensive snaps: 98
Quarterback --C.J. Beathard 98
Running back -- Kyle Juszczyk 68, Alfred Morris 44, Matt Breida 13, Raheem Mostert 13

Edited by Cotton Jones

Should have tacked this on:

Stats vs Cardinals

1 rush 12 yds

6 catches on 7 targets for 75 yds

14.7 in PPR, only 3.5 vs chargers week 4, had 14.8 vs KC in week 3 with that rec touchdown

49ers @ GB this week, then hosting Rams.

Edited by Cotton Jones

I genuinely don't feel any worse about using him VS. using Morris in PPR. There were 13 targets that went to RBs last week and 9 the week before, Morris hit his career high in targets last week with 5 so it's fairly safe to assume that Juszczyk should see another 5-6+ targets this week with Morris likely reverting back to his standard 2-3 targets.

Just gotta hope GB can put up early points on SF. 

12 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

I genuinely don't feel any worse about using him VS. using Morris in PPR. There were 13 targets that went to RBs last week and 9 the week before, Morris hit his career high in targets last week with 5 so it's fairly safe to assume that Juszczyk should see another 5-6+ targets this week with Morris likely reverting back to his standard 2-3 targets.

Just gotta hope GB can put up early points on SF. 

49ers pass defense is awful thats a big reason why I love Juice so much over Morris

I'm really high on this guy. His involvement in the passing game to date has been good, it will only get better.

How relevant do you guys think Kyle would be once Breida gets back? And how long do you guys predict Breida to miss time?

3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

How relevant do you guys think Kyle would be once Breida gets back? And how long do you guys predict Breida to miss time?

That’s really the key questions to answer with this guy. I think he is still on the field a lot, but obviously Breida soaks up most of the targets. Juice might be good for a handful of targets, but that’s pretty much it. I recall that one TD where he pretended to block, snaked along the line of scrimmage, and then ran down the sideline for a catch and TD.

Fantasy gods would say the minute we all drop Juice, Breida is announced to have a season ending injury...