Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

apap414

Should I finally cave in and trade for a QB?

I am entering the 13th season in my 12-team Dynasty league.  This is a team I have worked my a** off to put together, and it has really paid of the last 5 seasons during which I 4-peated and lost in the semis last year.  The loss last season has me questioning whether or not I really need to go ahead and trade for a stud QB.

My real question is: would you guys roll with what I have or would you overpay for a QB? I say overpay because this is a 2 QB league and people will not give me a QB, whatever the reason.  I have tried tirelessly to acquire one, but people either don't respond to me, ask for ridiculous returns, or deny my trades to them.  Also, because I have picked at the end of the rounds in my rookie drafts, I haven't even been able to get a quality rookie QB in years.  I just said f--- it, I'm going to keep all of my WRs because I don't believe in overpaying just because you have the depth.

I am going to post my roster.  I'm really just looking for ideas to throw out to acquire a QB.  Are there any names you like that I should look to acquire?  How much would you give off this roster to get it done?  Should I just play with what I have as it has worked the last 5 years?

QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R, W/R, TE, K, D/ST, (12) BN

QB - Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Teddy Bridgewater

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman, Duke Johnson, D'onta Foreman, Nyheim Hines

WR - Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffrey, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Josh Gordon, Chris Hogan, Tre'Quan Smith, Dez Bryant 

TE - Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed

K - Chris Boswell

D/ST - Chicago

you could go for someone that isn't too expensive like Alex Smith. Being a 2 QB league means most will be hesitant to trade a stud QB 

Just now, rquinlan said:

I think Cousins will be a stud for you this year. Play the wire for your second QB. Good luck to you

Unfortunately the wire is BARREN.  I'm talking 3rd string guys or backups with no chance to really play (Hoyer, etc.)

5 minutes ago, sandking38 said:

you could go for someone that isn't too expensive like Alex Smith. Being a 2 QB league means most will be hesitant to trade a stud QB 

That's a good thought.  I'd be happy with a guy like even Tannehill, etc. just nobody has budged in my league.  Even some guys who have legit 4 starting QBs won't sell, so it's been a struggle.

ha with that team I would sack up over pay offering up from diggs on down 2-3 wr for a stud qb. hell I would overpay m Thomas plus more for Rodgers and you still would be stacked at wr

I would be looking to trade one of your younger guys like Juju for a young QB. Most of the backend WR's aren't going to see any playing time with the studs you have going every week. Trade from strength here. 

Hmmm, this is pretty tough because of how unique the situation is. I'm assuming it would be much easier to acquire an average, older QB than younger some-what unproven QB, like Trubisky. If that is the case, maybe someone like Keenum could be had? I feel like you have to offload some WR's though, it's silly to have that much talent on the bench each week. I know how important QB's are in a 2QB league, so I would definitely be okay with overpaying from a position of ridiculous strength.

This may help.  I'm going to list the teams with multiple potential starting QB options:

Brees, T.Taylor, Bradford, Mayfield

Keenum, Tubisky, Wentz

Mahomes, Manning, Flacco

Stafford, Garoppolo, Winston, Darnold

Rivers, Goff, Smith, Carr --------------------------> this may be my match 

Watson, Ryan. Bortles

Rodgers, Newton, Tannehill

39 minutes ago, apap414 said:

This may help.  I'm going to list the teams with multiple potential starting QB options:

Brees, T.Taylor, Bradford, Mayfield

Keenum, Tubisky, Wentz

Mahomes, Manning, Flacco

Stafford, Garoppolo, Winston, Darnold

Rivers, Goff, Smith, Carr --------------------------> this may be my match 

Watson, Ryan. Bortles

Rodgers, Newton, Tannehill

What's that dude's roster look like?

With those WRs I’d definitely try to buy a QB like Goff. That’s where I’d start asking. Interesting scenario. Wish I could help more.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

What's that dude's roster look like?

Rivers, Goff, Smith, Carr, Rosen

Kamara, Bernard, Blount, Lat Murray, Vereen

Baldwin, Robinson II, Sanders, Garcon, D.Jackson, Parker, Benjamin, J.Brown, D.Robinson, Pettis

Burton

Lutz

AZ, NO

I don't have a TON of interest keeping Foles longterm because it's not his job and I feel like he rode a seriously hot wave last year, so I was thinking of pairing him up with JuJu.  Plus anyone I acquire a potential QB from will probably ask for one back and at least in the case of the Garoppolo and Goff owners (two guys I'm targeting), they'll need another QB with Winston out and depth uncertain.

Folez + JuJu (maybe Hill if I HAD to)

22 minutes ago, apap414 said:

Rivers, Goff, Smith, Carr, Rosen

Kamara, Bernard, Blount, Lat Murray, Vereen

Baldwin, Robinson II, Sanders, Garcon, D.Jackson, Parker, Benjamin, J.Brown, D.Robinson, Pettis

Burton

Lutz

AZ, NO

This guy needs WR & RB! Surely he is interested in trading 1 of his QB for a WR, RB, or both. Maybe offer a WR & Duke, to see what he says. 

9 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

This guy needs WR & RB! Surely he is interested in trading 1 of his QB for a WR, RB, or both. Maybe offer a WR & Duke, to see what he says. 

I kind of like this as an opening offer.  Then work from there.

Return the favor?

17 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

I think I’m going to try Foles and Juju.  That’s a great idea too, though.  

23 hours ago, apap414 said:

I am entering the 13th season in my 12-team Dynasty league.  This is a team I have worked my a** off to put together, and it has really paid of the last 5 seasons during which I 4-peated and lost in the semis last year.  The loss last season has me questioning whether or not I really need to go ahead and trade for a stud QB.

My real question is: would you guys roll with what I have or would you overpay for a QB? I say overpay because this is a 2 QB league and people will not give me a QB, whatever the reason.  I have tried tirelessly to acquire one, but people either don't respond to me, ask for ridiculous returns, or deny my trades to them.  Also, because I have picked at the end of the rounds in my rookie drafts, I haven't even been able to get a quality rookie QB in years.  I just said f--- it, I'm going to keep all of my WRs because I don't believe in overpaying just because you have the depth.

I am going to post my roster.  I'm really just looking for ideas to throw out to acquire a QB.  Are there any names you like that I should look to acquire?  How much would you give off this roster to get it done?  Should I just play with what I have as it has worked the last 5 years?

QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R, W/R, TE, K, D/ST, (12) BN

QB - Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Teddy Bridgewater

RB - Le'Veon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman, Duke Johnson, D'onta Foreman, Nyheim Hines

WR - Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Alshon Jeffrey, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Josh Gordon, Chris Hogan, Tre'Quan Smith, Dez Bryant 

TE - Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed

K - Chris Boswell

D/ST - Chicago

I haven't read the entire thread here, but is Lamar Jackson available? Or one of the other rookies? They may not start right away, but I imagine a few of the teams that selected rookie QB's are going to want to see what they have at some point this season.

Those WR are unreal, but obviously you don't need all of them. Cousins is more than adequate, and Foles will get you through week 1. I'd hold tight through week 1. You never know if someone might get injured (not that we should wish for injuries). If somebody does get injured, obviously you get aggressive in your pursuit of the backup, if available. 

Good luck. 

33 minutes ago, habslive said:

I haven't read the entire thread here, but is Lamar Jackson available? Or one of the other rookies? They may not start right away, but I imagine a few of the teams that selected rookie QB's are going to want to see what they have at some point this season.

Those WR are unreal, but obviously you don't need all of them. Cousins is more than adequate, and Foles will get you through week 1. I'd hold tight through week 1. You never know if someone might get injured (not that we should wish for injuries). If somebody does get injured, obviously you get aggressive in your pursuit of the backup, if available. 

Good luck. 

It’s interesting.  But I think this year finally gave me some clarity on the situation.  I got Royce Freeman at pick TEN.  And the reason that was because all of the QBs went before.  Since I’ve been picking last the last four years and tenth today, I haven’t been able to get a QB.  There is no free agents and nobody will trade any, which is how I got in my current situation.

When people started demanding higher prices for their guys just because of my depth I said screw it.  One year I won a championship starting 0 QBs, that’s how bad it was.