phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Pick up the Jets now if you haven't already.  They are usable this week but the real prize is next week vs. Buffalo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Thoughts on DAL this week at home against the titans?

I think they are a great pick. Im streaming them. At home against a bad offense with a bye week to prepare in a game they need to win. Dak plays well at home, dallas has only won at home. I can see a 34-10 or 27-13 win. 

30 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I think they are a great pick. Im streaming them. At home against a bad offense with a bye week to prepare in a game they need to win. Dak plays well at home, dallas has only won at home. I can see a 34-10 or 27-13 win. 

Agreed 100%. Did the same thing. The Titans cannot move the ball, or put up points. Dallas D is also pretty underrated, should handle the Titans easily.

1 hour ago, Unbreakable said:

Agreed 100%. Did the same thing. The Titans cannot move the ball, or put up points. Dallas D is also pretty underrated, should handle the Titans easily.

Dallas is a better real life defense than fantasy, but it's a terrible streaming week so they make sense

I just swapped the Panthers for the Chargers this week, with the intention to holding them for a few weeks unless someone better becomes available on the wire. My matchup this week is against one of the weaker teams so not super important but the Chargers are coming off a bye, don't have far to travel to Seattle and have put up some decent scores so far. I'm likely to change my team again before the weekend so maybe take my advice with a pinch of salt. I like the chargers next 3 weeks, @OAK, v DEN and v ARI. I'm hoping the Pat's D gets dropped over the next few weeks so I can snag them for playoffs

5 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Coupled with the fact that TNF is usually a low scoring game, I'm picking up Oakland as well

4 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Is the consensus to sell after this week due to them facing the Rams and Packers in the playoffs?

Week 16 are the 49ers though...

defense is such a crapshoot I'd rather take a flier on a good defense and hope they get some sacks/ints/fumbles

7 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Is the consensus to sell after this week due to them facing the Rams and Packers in the playoffs?

Depends what the Rams O looks like week 14. 

12 minutes ago, street sharks said:

The schedule doesn't look so good immediately after this game.

DET, MN, @DET

Stafford isn't really a turn over machine anymore and MN has firepower.

Could be an all out drop. Plenty of streamers out there. What I thought was a dominant D early in the season...isn't. 

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

The schedule doesn't look so good immediately after this game.

DET, MN, @DET

Stafford isn't really a turn over machine anymore and MN has firepower.

Could be an all out drop. Plenty of streamers out there. What I thought was a dominant D early in the season...isn't. 

I agree. A lot of the defenses that are supposed to be dominant this year have crap schedules. There is no Jax D/ST this year who really benefitted from a terribly easy schedule. Just a ton of streaming. 

Edited by oliminator123

19 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

There is not a dominant defense this season, plain and simple. 

This is why after this week if there is a top 8 streamer out there i'll go that direction.  If the ranking is within 1-2 of Chicago you keep them.  Simple.

If Mack can get back fully healthy to the level of play he was at earlier this year, Bears DST should be a top 5ish play weekly, regardless of opponent. Disruption in the backfield is what gets you points kn fantasy, and there’s not too many in the game on Mack’s level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

You guys aren't scared that oak d has been s--- all year?

I'm not worried.  Was initially gonna roll with KC... but SF was already good for a turnover or two pre-Bethard injury...can't see them lighting up the scoreboard either, regardless of who is lined up on the other side of the ball.  I'm a huge sucker for TNF too though..always have a hard time watching without some skin in the game.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

There is not a dominant defense this season, plain and simple. 

This...Bears defense should not have their own thread. Mack doesn't play and these sackless bums are lost without him

• Like 1

For those that usually like to pair 2 dsts for playoffs, Redskins and Broncos weeks 14 and 15 have nice matchups... im trying to grab WAS dst after this week

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...Bears defense should not have their own thread. Mack doesn't play and these sackless bums are lost without him

Fake news...held their last opponent to 10 pts without Mack, lowest of the year for Jets

10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Fake news...held their last opponent to 10 pts without Mack, lowest of the year for Jets

1 sack and no turnovers...that’s garbage

18 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

1 sack and no turnovers...that’s garbage

Only 10 dst's scored more pts week 8

On 10/29/2018 at 8:47 PM, herschel said:

is there streaming defense playoff schedule thread?

All I know is I’m holding Washington for that sweet sweet NYG/JAX/TEN finish, I hope with all three of those teams more or less playing out the string

Could be available with a subpar matchup this week if you can swing the roster spot.

• Like 1

I must say it felt weird dropping the Jags on their bye, but they’ve given me no reason to hold them so far this year. 

Rolling with DAL. 

• Like 2

Thoughts on Ravens? They got dropped in one of my leagues and I know the matchup isn’t good but it is at home and most sites have them as top 10 still