phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

4 hours ago, LongBalls said:

If Jax was dropped are they worth grabbing coming out of their bye? Results haven't been great this year.

I'm wondering the same thing...I could scoop them up right now but they've been awful.

Their schedule isn't too bad for the stretch run:

@ IND - not great but lots of turnovers?

vs PIT - is this the only really bad matchup?

@ BUF

vs IND - not great but lots of turnovers?

@ TEN

vs WAS

@ MIA

Edited by FantaC!
  • Thanks 1

LAC and NYJ are both available on my WW this week. I'm leaning toward LAC because they have three good match-ups coming up.

Tough to pass on NYJ vs BUF though...

14 hours ago, FantaC! said:

I'm wondering the same thing...I could scoop them up right now but they've been awful.

Their schedule isn't too bad for the stretch run:

@ IND - not great but lots of turnovers?

vs PIT - is this the only really bad matchup?

@ BUF

vs INDnot great but lots of turnovers?

@ TEN

vs WAS

@ MIA

You realize how good luck has been this year right? I think jags are not very good defensively, but I guess a pick is prob not out of the question. He just may throw for 3-4 tds

Giants, Redskins, chargers and maybe colts as a sleeper are my target this week

Edited by Zekepeak86

Bears vs DET

BUF @ NYJ

Thinking BUF.  That O is awful, but the D has been surprisingly good.

53 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

You realize how good luck has been this year right? I think jags are not very good defensively, but I guess a pick is prob not out of the question. He just may throw for 3-4 tds

Giants, Redskins, chargers and maybe colts as a sleeper are my target this week

I went with the Colts over the Giants, basically because they have home vs Titans and @Phins coming up. 

43 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Bears vs DET

BUF @ NYJ

Thinking BUF.  That O is awful, but the D has been surprisingly good.

Buffalo is definitely a good streaming choice but i always get concerned when a good D has a horrific offense. It could lead to short fields and your defense surrenders points due to that. Also if the offense cant score, means less throwing attempts for Darnold which could imply less sacks/int. I think if you have bears, you go with them. They can hold the ball a bit on offense and limit TOP for the other team. Shouldnt be too many short fields with a bad Det D. If they get up a couple scores, stafford will be chucking the ball and that will lead to sacks/int.

Pairing these guys with the DET D/ST 

Playoff Schedule of the pair looks as so with the pair

WK 14 AZ (DET)

WK15 BUF (DET)
WK16 SF (CHI)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Pairing these guys with the DET D/ST 

Playoff Schedule of the pair looks as so with the pair

WK 14 AZ (DET)

WK15 BUF (DET)
WK16 SF (CHI)

Haven't watched much DET games.  How's the D playing?

I'm beginning to warm up to starting them vs the Packers assuming I make it that far. It's a home game as well. They'll be firmly planted on my bench for the Rams though

32 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Haven't watched much DET games.  How's the D playing?

Good against pass. Awful against run. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Good against pass. Awful against run. 

Could definitely be a game where Chicago pounds Howard. Temps will be in the low 40's/ high 30's and winds around 10-20 mph. 

That, and DET defense has allowed the most rushing yards in the NFL...

23 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Buffalo is definitely a good streaming choice but i always get concerned when a good D has a horrific offense. It could lead to short fields and your defense surrenders points due to that. Also if the offense cant score, means less throwing attempts for Darnold which could imply less sacks/int. I think if you have bears, you go with them. They can hold the ball a bit on offense and limit TOP for the other team. Shouldnt be too many short fields with a bad Det D. If they get up a couple scores, stafford will be chucking the ball and that will lead to sacks/int.

Im going to stream the Bills but turnovers on their end are the big issue. They had two pick-6 plays against last week which killed them. Also had one against the Pats too but otherwise looked really good on defense.

Bills are also leading the league in forced turnovers (not recoveries) so they have that going for them. 

GB is available but their D has looked awful, I have no confidence in them this week even against Miami.

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Im going to stream the Bills but turnovers on their end are the big issue. They had two pick-6 plays against last week which killed them. Also had one against the Pats too but otherwise looked really good on defense.

Bills are also leading the league in forced turnovers (not recoveries) so they have that going for them. 

GB is available but their D has looked awful, I have no confidence in them this week even against Miami.

Yea, i just worry bout stupid stuff like short fields when offenses are that bad. They are a good pick. I think if you can get them, giants, chargers, pats...all solid. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, Accio55 said:

Chiefs def vs Arizona or

Jets def vs bills. which would you choose?

If Saint Peterman is still QB then you go Jets 100% no question, even with Anderson Jets.

• Like 1

Any insights into Lions @ Bears or Dolphins @ Packers for a yardage and points league?  Leaning towards the Lions as Tribusky isn't a world beater and because of them aquiring Snacks.

39 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Darnold in a walking boot and street clothes for today's practice, so McCown likely in. I think this downgrades the Bills defense this week.

I agree. I claimed Buffalo off waivers for this week based on the upside of Darnold’s turnovers. McCown will definitely protect the ball better. Hopefully he’s rusty. 

18 hours ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

How about Jags DST ROS ? worth a pickup ?

I picked them up. Couldn't leave them on the wire in case they figure it out through the bye week. Plus outside of the Steelers game next week the schedule looks pretty damn good for the Jags. I think you can ride them ROS.

Anyone confident - given the Detroit offensive woes for picking them up early for playoff stash?  14 - Arizona  15 - BUF  16 - Look elsewhere.