phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

3 hours ago, ADDwithFF said:

Tough call but depending on how your DST scores, I would probably go in this order (because of sacks and potential turnovers):

1) HOU @ WAS

2) PITT @ JAX

3) CAR @ DET

CAR

3 hours ago, Swedriguez said:

Any good streamers to stash for your playoff run?

2 hours ago, luckBbrady said:

TEN (Jax, @NYG, Was) has a decent playoff sched... I might grab them because my PIT faces @OAK ;) but then NE and @NO. Scroll through the last few pages.

Ten or Den (@sf, cle, @oak)?

12 hours ago, Jay85 said:

Rams needs to be rostered if you can for RoS? I am thinking to play matchup with them and Baltimore. What's you POV on Rams defense? 

If you can, I would.  They should be fine after their bye week.  The tough part being able to hold onto them through the next two weeks.

KC and bye.  I had to drop them for Baltimore due to byes, but I wonder if I'm going to regret it later on.

• Thanks 1

Someone dropped Jax. Should I grab them? I know they've been terrible but they have a pretty nice playoff schedule and face buffalo next week.

Denver or Buffalo for ROS/playoffs? Besides playing NE in week 16, Buffalo's schedule looks pretty nice...just not sure how I'd feel putting my championship hopes in the hands of the Bills when they have nothing to play for :(

Edited by southsid3

Someone in my league just dropped NE DEF due to the bye.

I am already holding Ravens and Skins, but NE has a great playoff sched.

42 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Someone in my league just dropped NE DEF due to the bye.

I am already holding Ravens and Skins, but NE has a great playoff sched.

Yes someone dropped NE in mine as well and Im going to pick them up.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Yes someone dropped NE in mine as well and Im going to pick them up.

I have been hoarding NE for the playoffs, I almost dropped them this week but I was worried someone would pick them up so get them early and hold. 

Can even use them next week vs NYJ which hopefully features Darnold. 

Edited by Zak0221

2 hours ago, MellamoMike said:

Chargers at Denver or the Panthers at Detroit for this week? 

I like Panthers, stafford has fallen apart and Marvin Jones might be out they have only Golladay left.

• Like 1

Anybody considering picking up CIN and pairing with another D if you are locked in the playoffs? CLE week 12 and week 16, OAK week 15.

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

@Zak0221 so far so good w A Jones

well I was somewhat right only 11 carries but dude balled in the passing game which was unexpected nicely done

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

well I was somewhat right only 11 carries but dude balled in the passing game which was unexpected nicely done

True. They ran away from him for no good reason once the second half started. Rodgers missed him in tons of dump offs. Helped Carson’s fumbled on first possession. Fantasy is nuts.

while I have you, my previous post on here was, if Jackson or rg3 starts, does that hurt ravens d? I can start ravens or chargers

24 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

True. They ran away from him for no good reason once the second half started. Rodgers missed him in tons of dump offs. Helped Carson’s fumbled on first possession. Fantasy is nuts.

while I have you, my previous post on here was, if Jackson or rg3 starts, does that hurt ravens d? I can start ravens or chargers

Id start the Chargers D - I feel Cincy Balt game is very unpredictable and I could see it randomly be high scoring w the backup QB and desperate and counted out Bengals

Balt D has 20 pt upside but Chargers should be safe 8-12

Edited by Zak0221

3 hours ago, Oklahoma said:

Anybody considering picking up CIN and pairing with another D if you are locked in the playoffs? CLE week 12 and week 16, OAK week 15.

I’m pairing CIN with my NE def. my playoffs are week 14 (NE vs MIA), 15 (CIN vs OAK), 16 (NE vs BUF). Considered the broncos for week 15 vs the browns but they seem to be doing better so not sure about that matchup anymore

Folks with CHI dst- what’re you doing for playoffs? Riding them out till the end?

just wondering if it’s worth rostering someone at this point as a matchup play (like TEN or MIA) or to just roll with da bears.

3 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

I have the same concerns. Hoping for a Flacco start.

After thinking about it, flacco hasnt performed miracles this year. Im rolling with ravens regardless. Only down side is hopefully no short field interceptions. Ravens should still be able to get to dalton

57 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

After thinking about it, flacco hasnt performed miracles this year. Im rolling with ravens regardless. Only down side is hopefully no short field interceptions. Ravens should still be able to get to dalton

CIN @ BAL should be a smash mouth game with some turnovers. They are both fighting for the playoffs (and even the division still). I don't think it will be a high scoring game but if it is, turnovers and sacks add up enough to make up for points against (at least in my league scoring). CIN is a mess offensively right now, and BAL is coming off of a bye and playing at home...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ADDwithFF said:

CIN @ BAL should be a smash mouth game with some turnovers. They are both fighting for the playoffs (and even the division still). I don't think it will be a high scoring game but if it is, turnovers and sacks add up enough to make up for points against (at least in my league scoring). CIN is a mess offensively right now, and BAL is coming off of a bye and playing at home...

This is such an obvious narrative that I feel the opposite will happen because fantasy football lol. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Folks with CHI dst- what’re you doing for playoffs? Riding them out till the end?

just wondering if it’s worth rostering someone at this point as a matchup play (like TEN or MIA) or to just roll with da bears.

Guess depends how they start rolling down stretch , offense seems to be clicking and Mack is back...however Weeks 14 and 15 I'd rather stream so if you can pickup a DST to pair with for playoffs I would.  I also like picking up DST's to block other teams .

• Thanks 1

Who is the better playoff stash between Washington and Tennessee? I am currently leaning towards the Titans but wanted to hear other folks thoughts.