phatrat

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Panthers the start of the week against a depleted Detroit OL and offense?

Stafford sacked 16 times last 2 games!

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Folks with CHI dst- what’re you doing for playoffs? Riding them out till the end?

just wondering if it’s worth rostering someone at this point as a matchup play (like TEN or MIA) or to just roll with da bears.

looks like i will have a bye in both leegs where i own them (CSB!!!1!1!, amirite?)

week 15 ... home vs. the Pack doesn't dissuade me at all, will roll Chicago out with confidence - that loss last night all but eliminates Green Bay from any playoff possibilities, so who knows what kinda shape they'll be in come next month. 

more worried about @San Fran ... saw the vaunted Jags D go out there last year in 'chip week 16 and lay a massive turd ... the parallels are eerily similar - except Jimmy GQ is on ice this go 'round ... but, yeah, no qualms whatsover riding Mack and co. those two weeks. 

week 14 vs the Rams?  of course you look for a streamer if you are playing that week. 

• Thanks 1

Switched from ravens to panthers for the questions surrounding the qb. Bad interceptions can cause easy points. Marvin jones ruled out as well

Still rolling with BAL even if Flacco is out. I still expect a low scoring slow game with some turnovers (probably on both sides). Also, no way I'm letting BAL go back to the wire with OAK coming up next week. 

Having a hard time w ari vs lac

If Bosa is active it would only further complicate my decision. I’m facing the top scoring team/#1 team and I’m no push at #3. Bye week caused me to start MVS at my flex and that was less than spectacular. I need upside and ceiling and I feel like that’s arizona but that game just has trap written all over it to be the unlikely shootout of the week. Meanwhile, the chargers defense has been steady and solid and if Bosa is back it’s on. Plus, if I were to change my current lineup I could ditch the one week rental cardinals for an upside stash such as a Mahomes bye week filler or a J Reynolds type stash at my week WR depth

I dropped chargers for ravens and regretting it. Then picked up carolina and now regretting that lol cause its an easy set up for wk 12 like couple posts ago said. Oh well

Ravens are still a strong start. Everyone who has them don’t worry. I have chargers as well but the ravens will be fine and that’s who I’m streaming. Yes they gave up some points but it’s been to NO, Car and Pitt. Bengals don’t have ajg. I’m confident they will keep them under 20 points, probably 3-5 sacks and a pick or two. 

Edited by Zekepeak86

Rank these Week 12 D/ST stashes please:

Jags @ Bills

Bills v. Jags

NE @ Jets

My initial inclination was the Jags, but they just haven’t been good all season, and Matt Barkley seems to have given the Bills offense a bit of life.  Possibly leaning NE because I could hold for the playoffs, but I already own the Redskins for playoff purposes.

5 hours ago, uberblitz said:

Steelers or Panthers this week?

Thank you

Panthers. Lions O-Line has been a sieve lately, giving up 16 sacks in the last 2 weeks. Steelers coming off a mini-bye could be good, but I think Panthers have the higher floor.

Anyone considering the Bengals this week??? Flacco has been out all week, and Lamar Jackson DNP either yesterday with a stomach illness, leaving just RGIII as their only healthy QB heading into Sunday

This could be a messy game 

Texans (vs Redskins) or Chargers (vs Broncos)? 

I like the idea of Texans coming off the bye but Smith doesn't make much mistakes...

22 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Anyone considering the Bengals this week??? Flacco has been out all week, and Lamar Jackson DNP either yesterday with a stomach illness, leaving just RGIII as their only healthy QB heading into Sunday

This could be a messy game 

My thoughts exactly. Pretty sure I’ll end up taking a gamble on the Bengals this week and hope for just an ugly s--- show of a game.

So naturally Baltimore about to hang 40.

Bengals D is good to pickup only for the playoff game against Oakland. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with them.

Torn between Panthers D at Detroit or Baltimore home vs Cincy.

Thoughts? I am keeping Baltimore for Oakland next week. But I am thinking Carolina destroys Detroit this week. 

On 11/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

looks like i will have a bye in both leegs where i own them (CSB!!!1!1!, amirite?)

week 15 ... home vs. the Pack doesn't dissuade me at all, will roll Chicago out with confidence - that loss last night all but eliminates Green Bay from any playoff possibilities, so who knows what kinda shape they'll be in come next month. 

more worried about @San Fran ... saw the vaunted Jags D go out there last year in 'chip week 16 and lay a massive turd ... the parallels are eerily similar - except Jimmy GQ is on ice this go 'round ... but, yeah, no qualms whatsover riding Mack and co. those two weeks. 

week 14 vs the Rams?  of course you look for a streamer if you are playing that week. 

PIT @ OAK that week is my choice.  They also have v. CIN in week 17 if you're in a league that plays week 17 and want an alternative to CHI playing Minny.  A lot of folks are holding DEN to couple with CHI but I'm thinking that's a trap move.

I have carolina for this week but thinking of dropping eckler and picking up balt for week 12. I have gordon so its risky

In one league, i managed to grab both the Broncos and Bills during their bye weeks. I also have the Cardinals for use this week, then based on their schedules the Bills/Broncos are a good pairing for the rest of the season.

In another league, i picked up the Patriots who look like a good play most weeks for the rest of the season. I picked up the Steelers ahead of time for this week.

37 minutes ago, jumper said:

PIT @ OAK that week is my choice.  They also have v. CIN in week 17 if you're in a league that plays week 17 and want an alternative to CHI playing Minny.  A lot of folks are holding DEN to couple with CHI but I'm thinking that's a trap move.

good snag, they've been long gone in my leegs (we have D/ST hoarders galore).

addendum to my last post, for those queasy about facing ARod in week 15, scoop the Bangles ... yeah, they are far from top flight, but they do entertain the Raihhhduhhhzzz - nuttin' juicier than a late season west coast team in the tank travelling cross country for the early game in what will most likely be frigid conditions. 

gl 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
SpElChEk