Rotoworld.com Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, floppy said:

WEEK 16-- NEW ENGLAND AT HOME VS BUFFALO OR DENVER AT OAKLAND?

Buffalo with Allen hasn't looked too bad recently

Buffalo isn't nearly as juicy a match up now like it was with the Peter-man starting. 

Edited by HTM
13 minutes ago, floppy said:

WEEK 16-- NEW ENGLAND AT HOME VS BUFFALO OR DENVER AT OAKLAND?

Belicheck is 41-1 when facing QBs 25 and under at home. Stupid stat, but at some point it has to be taken seriously. 

The common consensus is the Titans have a great match up against the Jags this week and are a must start but as i think i mentioned a month ago; they're not putting up decent fantasy points. They're a good defense and have the potential each week but they're just not getting many turnovers (just 3 fumble recoveries all year while the Bears have 9, Texans 10) and this includes games against the Jets, Bills, and Jags already this year. Why would this week be any different?

To be clear in what i mean; they're ranked 21st in fantasy points scored with an average of 5.3 points a game. Their best single game performance is just 12 points.

With Fournette back and the Jags coming off last week's win this has good Jags offensive performance written all over it to me (Cody Kessler or not), so i doubt the Titans D will even have the benefit of conceding few points like they usually do (and this doesn't have near the value of turnovers).

I have the Titans in one league and i had been stashing them to use this week but unless somebody can convince me otherwise i'm going to pick up the Giants who face a Mark Sanchez led Washington.

Edited by Sartorialism
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

It's me or I see little talk about Giants for this week?  They play against Sanchez. Am I missing something?

Wondering the same thing. I have Chicago's D, but the Giants are on the WW. 

13 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Belicheck is 41-1 when facing QBs 25 and under at home. Stupid stat, but at some point it has to be taken seriously. 

Jags also available tho and will face Sanchez led skins in week 15 then Miami in 16, drop NE?

1 minute ago, floppy said:

Jags also available tho and will face Sanchez led skins in week 15 then Miami in 16, drop NE?

Yeah I probably would. Need to get to the championship before you worry about it and having the Jags in 15 would be huge. 

10 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Yeah I probably would. Need to get to the championship before you worry about it and having the Jags in 15 would be huge. 

I already have Texans which have been amazing and play Jets week 15. I can’t see myself not playing them that week

9 minutes ago, floppy said:

I already have Texans which have been amazing and play Jets week 15. I can’t see myself not playing them that week

I have the Texans as well and definitely holding but I'm debating playing the Giants against Sanchez this week since the Colts put up a lot on the Texans last time (although the Jags shut them down). The only bad part is that Landon Collins just got put on IR for the Giants. A few other streamers I've considered are the Cowboys and the Lions against the Eagles and Cardinals respectively. Important week for me so trying to guess right on the defense.

1 hour ago, Bish0p said:

I'm in the same boat, I'm leaning LAC due to Bosa being back, but who knows, i'll prob flip flop another 6 times before Sunday.

If it helps, I ended up picking up LAC over BUF. The deciding factor for me was their offenses...I think the Chargers have a less chance of having stupid turnovers that might put the defense in bad situations, as well as being able to control the field positioning with a better offense. But who knows, I'm just splitting hairs at this point between the two.

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

If it helps, I ended up picking up LAC over BUF. The deciding factor for me was their offenses...I think the Chargers have a less chance of having stupid turnovers that might put the defense in bad situations, as well as being able to control the field positioning with a better offense. But who knows, I'm just splitting hairs at this point between the two.

That's an excellent point tbh.  Will prob go LAC too!

Anyone rolling with the Jags D/ST this week against the Titans? The Jags D/ST has been really lackluster in road games, but the matchup is enticing. Need an alternative for the Bears D/ST. Also considering the Seahawks on MNF as I can hold off on starting a D/ST until SNF with those two options

5 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

The common consensus is the Titans have a great match up against the Jags this week and are a must start but as i think i mentioned a month ago; they're not putting up decent fantasy points. They're a good defense and have the potential each week but they're just not getting many turnovers (just 3 fumble recoveries all year while the Bears have 9, Texans 10) and this includes games against the Jets, Bills, and Jags already this year. Why would this week be any different?

To be clear in what i mean; they're ranked 21st in fantasy points scored with an average of 5.3 points a game. Their best single game performance is just 12 points.

With Fournette back and the Jags coming off last week's win this has good Jags offensive performance written all over it to me (Cody Kessler or not), so i doubt the Titans D will even have the benefit of conceding few points like they usually do (and this doesn't have near the value of turnovers).

I have the Titans in one league and i had been stashing them to use this week but unless somebody can convince me otherwise i'm going to pick up the Giants who face a Mark Sanchez led Washington.

Pretty much what I have been thinking past few days. I picked up Titans for this Jets, Jags, Giants (and you can even argue Redskins) stretch. I was not impressed with the 6 pts they got me last week at home vs Jets. As you have stated, this seems to be trend for them all year. Good defense, but do not get fantasy points.

Tied for 20th in sacks, tied for 24th in INTs, and tied for 27th in fumble recoveries. Also 1 of 7 teams to not score a TD this year (not that I put much stock into that). They weren't even bad against the Jets. Gave up 16 pts last week & not much yardage but still amounted to a mediocre fantasy point outing.

I expect the Jags to pretty much hand the ball off to Fournette all game and play slow paced. Kessler has 3 INTs in 9 career starts fwiw as well. I doubt the Jags light up the scoreboard, but I feel like turnovers/sacks will be hard to come by for this defense. Id rather take a chance with a team like the Jags (who I am using) who might not end up being much better than the Titans D, but I feel like they have way more upside (even on the road where they have s--- the bed all year to the tune of 0 total points their last 3 road games lol). Hopefully they found some swag in their last game and decide to show up and I don't have to watch their safties get roasted all night on big plays. I know Dareus missed the Bills game and came back for Colts game so there is that too.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

36 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

Pretty much what I have been thinking past few days. I picked up Titans for this Jets, Jags, Giants (and you can even argue Redskins) stretch. I was not impressed with the 6 pts they got me last week at home vs Jets. As you have stated, this seems to be trend for them all year. Good defense, but do not get fantasy points.

Tied for 20th in sacks, tied for 24th in INTs, and tied for 27th in fumble recoveries. Also 1 of 7 teams to not score a TD this year (not that I put much stock into that). They weren't even bad against the Jets. Gave up 16 pts last week & not much yardage but still amounted to a mediocre fantasy point outing.

I expect the Jags to pretty much hand the ball off to Fournette all game and play slow paced. Kessler has 3 INTs in 9 career starts fwiw as well. I doubt the Jags light up the scoreboard, but I feel like turnovers/sacks will be hard to come by for this defense. Id rather take a chance with a team like the Jags (who I am using) who might not end up being much better than the Titans D, but I feel like they have way more upside (even on the road where they have s--- the bed all year to the tune of 0 total points their last 3 road games lol). Hopefully they found some swag in their last game and decide to show up and I don't have to watch their safties get roasted all night on big plays. I know Dareus missed the Bills game and came back for Colts game so there is that too.

Good post. However....

Jags scores 6 points last week

Colts recorded 3 sacks 

Colts forced 3 fumbles, recovered 2

Kessler threw for 150 yards.

Lowest point total this week.

I’m in on TEN this week.

FWIW I’m starting bills over Broncos this week. Great news regarding bills d.... Crowell is gimpy AND:

Sam Darnold - QB -  Jets

Sam Darnold (foot) confirmed he plans to play Week 14 against the Bills.

We assumed as much after the Jets upgraded Darnold to full participation at Wednesday's practice. "The plan for me, personally, is to play," said the third overall pick. "Barring something catastrophic, I feel like I'm ready to go." Darnold was healthy enough to play in Week 13, though the Jets opted to play it safe by giving him another week. His return pushes veteran Josh McCown back to the bench.

Dec 5 - 6:25 PM
9 hours ago, afl5013 said:

I understand it’s the accepted narrative, but it doesn’t exactly answer the question. Is NE vs Bills in week 16 a great matchup? Patriots can easily win, while at the same time allowing a lot of garbage yds/pts to the Bills.

Anyone rolling with Arizona at home vs Detroit? Stafford is down to just Golladay at WR and Kerryon looks questionable at best to play this week (week 14). 

My only other option (rosters are locked) is Chicago at home vs LA Rams. 

Which one would you feel more comfortable with?

53 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Anyone rolling with Arizona at home vs Detroit? Stafford is down to just Golladay at WR and Kerryon looks questionable at best to play this week (week 14). 

My only other option (rosters are locked) is Chicago at home vs LA Rams. 

Which one would you feel more comfortable with?

I am not using Arizona this week and I would definitely use them over the Bears. I am benching the Bears in the one league I own them.

5 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Good post. However....

Jags scores 6 points last week

Colts recorded 3 sacks 

Colts forced 3 fumbles, recovered 2

Kessler threw for 150 yards.

Lowest point total this week.

I’m in on TEN this week.

Yea it was more of the Titans defense that I wasn’t sold on than the matchup. But yea it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Jags score less than 10, give up a few sacks and maybe a turnover.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic