Rotoworld.com Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

The common consensus is the Titans have a great match up against the Jags this week and are a must start but as i think i mentioned a month ago; they're not putting up decent fantasy points. They're a good defense and have the potential each week but they're just not getting many turnovers (just 3 fumble recoveries all year while the Bears have 9, Texans 10) and this includes games against the Jets, Bills, and Jags already this year. Why would this week be any different?

To be clear in what i mean; they're ranked 21st in fantasy points scored with an average of 5.3 points a game. Their best single game performance is just 12 points.

With Fournette back and the Jags coming off last week's win this has good Jags offensive performance written all over it to me (Cody Kessler or not), so i doubt the Titans D will even have the benefit of conceding few points like they usually do (and this doesn't have near the value of turnovers).

I have the Titans in one league and i had been stashing them to use this week but unless somebody can convince me otherwise i'm going to pick up the Giants who face a Mark Sanchez led Washington.

I had three defenses in one league--Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Chicago, and actually dropped Tennessee because I needed to make a pick-up, for the reasons you stated.  The Titans have a decent defense from what I understand, but they aren't getting it done for fantasy, and they didn't get it done in what I figured was a good matchup against the Jets.  Personally I wouldn't want to trust the Titans right now if I had better options.

I'm on the New Orleans bandwagon right now.  They've been on fire and I could see them getting pressure on Winston for many sacks and a few turnovers.  I think the Saints hang a bunch of points on the Bucs and Winston will get a couple TDs in being forced to keep up all game, but I think there will be plenty of other defensive plays by the Saints that make up for it and make for a good fantasy day for their defense.

11 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Good post. However....

Jags scores 6 points last week

Colts recorded 3 sacks 

Colts forced 3 fumbles, recovered 2

Kessler threw for 150 yards.

Lowest point total this week.

I’m in on TEN this week.

Your forgetting one thing. The jags best player is back with fresh legs. They will be handing the ball to him all game. I'm just saying. TEN has not put up any good defensive numbers all season. You might be disappointed tonight.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

Your forgetting one thing. The jags best player is back with fresh legs. They will be handing the ball to him all game. I'm just saying. TEN has not put up any good defensive numbers all season. You might be disappointed tonight.

........98 yards to Crowell last week. 162 to Miller the week before. I will be really surprised if they're able to contain Fournette to anything less than 100 yards with a TD and i'm expecting much more than that. In turn Kessler isn't likely to be throwing enough for a decent chance at interceptions or pick sixes. It's not like the Titans have a high powered offensive that the Jags will need to play catch up with.

26 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Moment of truth. Help me choose.

TEN vs JAX (tonight)

DEN at SF

CHI vs LAR

1 minute ago, Sartorialism said:

Denver at San Francisco all day.

hmm, really? why? I was leaning TEN but am pausing b/c  Leonard is back.

9 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Im in the same situation. Flip flopping between TEN and DEN....I know I am going to end up making the wrong decision...helppppppppp

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Because SF are (slightly) more turnover prone than the Jags and thus give up the 3rd most fantasy points to DSTs, behind only the Bills and Arizona. They don't have an elite player like Fournette to worry about. The Titans have barely forced any turnovers all season (29th) while the Broncos have done so plenty (7th).

I'm confidently going with Denver in one league this week - i've held them for about a month with this matchup in mind.

Noted edge menace Von Miller has at least a half-sack in seven straight games, tied for the longest streak of his career. This week, Miller and his crew take on a reeling 49ers offense that has averaged just 1.14 points per drive the past two games, the lowest rate in the NFL. This looks like a good week to fire up the Broncos.

From FootballGuys:

San Francisco 49ers Rushing Offense vs Denver Broncos Rushing Defense (Bad Matchup)

Matt Breida has been the iron man for this 49ers offense all season long, playing through multiple injuries while never missing a game. However, he re-aggravated a lingering ankle injury in last week's game that will now keep him sidelined from this week's contest. The combination of undrafted rookie Jeff Wilson and veteran Alfred Morris should now split time in the 49ers backfield. Wilson served as the lead back in last week's game and looked great, showing great versatility as both a runner and receiver. His pass-catching ability should help him fend off Alfred Morris in the battle for touches. Wilson first appeared in Week 12, and he has averaged 4.3 yards per attempt on 22 total carries. While he may be a relatively smaller guy, Wilson has shown great quickness and burst when he can find a hole--which should not be a big problem behind this top-10 San Francisco offensive line. Wilson is still unproven in the NFL with a very small sample size to analyze—so expectations may need to be tempered.

The Broncos defense has held up well to some stiff competition in recent weeks, limiting the likes of James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, and David Johnson all to fewer than 70 rushing yards. This group slipped last week though as they gave up some chunk plays to Joe Mixon that allowed him to average nearly seven yards per rush on his way to 82 rushing yards. Despite this outing, the Broncos have definitely picked up their game since the three-game nightmare this defense went through from Weeks 4-6. From Week 7 onwards, the Broncos have limited running backs to the fifth-fewest rushing yards per game with no rushing touchdowns, ranking them as the second-best run defense over that span according to fantasy points allowed per game (standard scoring). Their pair of talented edge rushers plays a huge part in why this defense has been successful against the run, while the interior lineman continues to step up their play against opposing offensive lines. The 49ers offensive line is a talented unit, so this should be a close matchup in the trenches--especially considering the strengths of these San Francisco tackles matching up against Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. With an unproven rookie running back lining up in the backfield along with what has been a disappointing offensive attack overall, it is hard to give the 49ers the benefit of the doubt in this one.

San Francisco 49ers Passing Offense vs Denver Broncos Passing Defense (Good Matchup)

Nick Mullens led the 49ers passing offense to over 400 yards through the air in their losing effort last week. Garbage time certainly helped pad the stat line for Mullens though, with 300 of those yards coming in the second half. He continues to struggle when pressured, especially in the red zone. Mullens has also now thrown at least one interception in three straight games, but despite his flaws, he still remains the starter with C.J. Beathard waiting in the wings. With Marquise Goodwin still sidelined due to a personal matter while Pierre Garcon is tending to his injured knee, rookie Dante Pettis has had the opportunity to flash his talent in recent weeks. Pettis has been running crisp routes while showcasing his elite speed to find separation from opposing defensive backs. He busted off a 75-yard touchdown run last week along with some other nice receptions that led to the biggest game of his career. Pettis now has at least four receptions in three straight games with 206 receiving yards and three touchdowns in his last two outings. George Kittle still remains the top target in this offense though, continuing to perform consistently week in and week out. While he has found the end zone just three times, Kittle has at least five receptions in all but three games this season while averaging nearly 75 receiving yards per game.

The Broncos secondary experienced a big loss last week as top cornerback Chris Harris Jr fractured his fibula and will miss the remainder of the regular season. Harris was the best player in this secondary, routinely shutting down opposing receivers while leading the team with three interceptions. Third-round pick Isaac Yiadom is in line to replace Harris, which will be a significant downgrade since Yiadom is still at least a year away from belonging in the starting lineup due to his lack of coverage skills. The Harris injury is a gift to Dante Pettis, who otherwise would have likely been shadowed by Harris. The Broncos have given up plenty of production to receivers with excellent route-running ability, such as Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, and Amari Cooper--all of whom either scored a touchdown or surpassed 100 yards against this defense. Pettis falls into this similar category as he is a polished route runner given his lack of NFL experience, so Yiadom should need plenty of help from his safeties to keep Pettis in check. George Kittle should also see a positive matchup against safety Darian Stewart. The Broncos have not fared well this season against talented tight ends of Kittle's caliber--as shown by games of over 100 yards allowed to both Travis Kelce and Jimmy Graham.

Edited by jtbgator
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone with the Bears defense willing to play them this week vs the Rams offensive juggernaut? My only other options on the WW are: Houston vs IND or DAL vs PHI or NYG vs WASH.

NYG playing against Mark Sanchez.

Again, I don't understand the small noise around NYG this week. They are 20th in RW rankings this week. This must be a a joke.

Who should I start? Starting with my options on the left.

NYG at WSH

JAX at TEN

KC vs BAL

Giants and Jags performed well in our league last week. 2nd week of the first round of playoffs. Basically tied. Need a good start to week 2.

please help! I’m desperate

streaming defense this week, in for a tight matchup need points wherever i can find them:

giants vs the skins (mark sanchez)

or saints vs bucs (hoping they can get pressure and force winston to throw some picks) 

many help is greatly appreciated 

3 minutes ago, coffey22 said:

streaming defense this week, in for a tight matchup need points wherever i can find them:

giants vs the skins (mark sanchez)

or saints vs bucs (hoping they can get pressure and force winston to throw some picks) 

many help is greatly appreciated 

The Giants just aren't good.  Facing Sanchez is enticing though.  I'd go with the Saints who have been playing very well lately.  

Tennessee is looking great tonight.  They finish the fantasy playoffs with the Giants and Redskins.   

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic