Rotoworld.com Forums

2018 Streaming Defense Thread

Tennessee is looking great tonight.  They finish the fantasy playoffs with the Giants and Redskins.   

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me me me! My first FA add before week 1 when the Mack news hit.   

PSA For potential Oakland streamers:   Uh, it never works out. -void of defensive talent -on the road -team fractured -SF, above all, has had great coaching. Their team c

Cheers to whoever else grabbed the Bears D! Let's ride this train!!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FANattic86 said:

Can’t decide between these two:

DEN @ SF (road game, home team might score more)

BUF vs NYJ (cold weather game=lots of turnovers or more rushing/less passing?)

Buffalo would be my choice but both are strong plays this week.

• Like 1

Week 15 what do you fellas think? Our waivers run everything Friday night so need to make a decision tonight

Ravens DST vs Tampa

Bears DST vs Packers

Bills DST vs Detroit (more than likely crummy weather in Buffalo)

Vikings DST vs Miami

55 minutes ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Week 15 what do you fellas think? Our waivers run everything Friday night so need to make a decision tonight

Ravens DST vs Tampa

Bears DST vs Packers

Bills DST vs Detroit (more than likely crummy weather in Buffalo)

Vikings DST vs Miami

Bears easy

10 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Bears easy

My bad, I own the Bears, the other 3 on waivers and was thinking maybe one of them better in week 15. I would still have the Bears for week 16 no matter what

Debating whether or not I want t o bench the Bears defense for a streaming option. I have Jared Goff and I don't want to deal with that headache. Some of the streaming options are...

Steelers @ Raiders
Chiefs vs Ravens
Saints @ Bucs
Giants @ Redskins 

3 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Debating whether or not I want t o bench the Bears defense for a streaming option. I have Jared Goff and I don't want to deal with that headache. Some of the streaming options are...

Steelers @ Raiders
Chiefs vs Ravens
Saints @ Bucs
Giants @ Redskins 

I’d go KC in your spot

Week 15 who ya like?

Bears vs GB

Bills vs DET

On 12/6/2018 at 10:39 PM, y2jbones said:

Tennessee is looking great tonight.  They finish the fantasy playoffs with the Giants and Redskins.   

They did. Add the fact that they are trying to be a contender. Probably starting ROS

• Like 1

It looks like I am somehow going to win my round one playoff game.

Which week 15 option looks the best?

Lions @ Bills

Bengals vs Raiders

Atlanta vs Cardinals 

These are seriously my best options.

23 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Steelers @ Raiders
Chiefs vs Ravens
Saints @ Bucs
Giants @ Redskins 

Personally I wouldn't bench the Bears D simply because you have Goff since whether you bench Bears or not Goff can still have a crappy game and both can have good days thanks to sacks and D/ST TDs. Rams are obviously a bad matchup for opposing defenses though but Steelers would probably be the only one I'd consider over them and that is with the assumption you aren't dropping anything that could be useful to you or any of the other playoff teams. 

22 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Week 15 is the ravens a good option? 

Ravens have been a top 5 defense and Tampa has been about average in terms of opposing D/ST fantasy scoring so I'd call it a pretty good matchup. Tampa can put up yards and score but Winston is a pretty good bet for a turnover or 2. Not sure how I'd rank them against a bad defense in a terrific matchup like Lions D @ Bills especially since the Lions have a fairly favorable remaining schedule which doesn't make it necessary to roster 2 defenses. 

20 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

I’d go KC in your spot

Week 15 who ya like?

Bears vs GB

Bills vs DET

It is kind of a toss-up for me but I tend to go with matchup over how good the defense is so I'd go with Bills. Their defense is actually pretty good and Lion's are a mess, Stafford is banged up, KJ could still be out and they don't have much receiving threats outside of Golladay and Riddick. Green Bay although record wise only a hair above the Lion's and nothing left to play for still have Aaron Rodgers and "Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaad man".

19 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Steelers or Rams?

I would probably play it "safe" and go with the Steelers. The Raiders just hung 33 on the Chiefs but Chiefs D/ST still got 5 fantasy points without scoring a TD (3 fumbles, 3 sacks). The Bears have a much more intimidating offense than the Raiders but Rams have plenty of playmakers and Trubisky is coming back from a shoulder injury (I'm sure Donald will test just how healthy he is and Rams offense could potentially force Trubisky to throw more) so Rams aren't a bad play either imo although the downside is higher. 

5 hours ago, clarkevii said:

It looks like I am somehow going to win my round one playoff game.

Which week 15 option looks the best?

Lions @ Bills

Bengals vs Raiders

Atlanta vs Cardinals 

These are seriously my best options.

Yuck, all bad defenses with nothing left to play for but atleast they are all favorable matchups. Although this line of thinking hasn't stopped them from being one of the worst fantasy defenses on the year I'd go with the Falcons who's offense should force Rosen to throw and with Kirk out he doesn't have a ton of attractive options. 

• Like 2

I’m kind of stunned that the Cowboys DST is almost invisible here. 

The defensive unit is swarming and fast and is building on their ‘why not us’ story heading toward the playoffs. 

The Eagles come in lacking any real offensive consistency outside of Ertz. They’ve got on a bit of a roll, but the Giants and Skins are not exactly the strongest competition. I’d say the line of Dallas -3 is low. 

It’s easy to imagine Dallas shutting down the Eagles and eventually forcing Wentz into desperate throws late that can lead to turnovers. 

Thoughts?

Edited by candygram4mongo
2 hours ago, scottishguy said:

Pulling my hair our over who to grab in week 15

Bears vs Green Bay

Vikings vs Miami

Jaguars vs Skins

Gut says Vikings, brain says Jags, but the Jags have burned me twice this year!!!!

Both are good plays so go with your gut.  Vikings could be playing for a playoff spot and Jacksonville will be playing for nothing.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic