rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

When your turnovers are more than your assists.

1 minute ago, Isaacxhan said:

More turnovers than assists

It was rhetorical.

The lowest an asst/turnover ratio can be is 0.00. Eddy Curry can elaborate. He came close.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JStyles said:

This happened for a few weeks last year from memory, perhaps in January? Then snapped out of it and went HAM the rest of the season.

Kind of.  Basically at the exact same time as this last year.  It wasn't this bad, though.  He attempted 8-9-5-5 shots in a four-game stretch....but he was tossed after 12 minutes in that last one.  He had a 7-shot game a week or so later (against Gobert) and a 6-shot game against the Warriors earlier that month.  Most of those games were blowouts, though.  Plus, he scored in double figures in a few of those games because he got to the line.

He rolled his ankle and sat a large chunk of December, then came back on fire. 

It definitely wasn't this extreme. 

When Barton and Thomas come back, Jokic is really going to have to assert himself to get the 13-14 shots/game that he needs to take.

Edited by BrotherMouzone
  • Thanks 1

Just now, a-rob said:

I believe Jokic despite this ugly line, or streak of lack of attempts, doesn't belong to any buy low lists. Hope I am right

Yeah as underwhelming as he has been these last few games I'm ignoring any and all buy low offers. He will turn things around, just hope it's sooner rather than later. I play roto so I have the luxury of waiting while my other players pick up the slack though but I don't think anyone should be panicking 

1 minute ago, ROTY said:

Take. A. ********. SHOT!!!!!!

seriously take some fg's away from my murray

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I just saw what he got fined for. 

giphy.webp

Should have pulled a Michael Scott instead

tenor.gif?itemid=4084628

LOL. Jokic is too funny man. I love this dude even with these duds he's been putting up. It's always a fun ride with him. 

draft well & kill the waivers and you can stomach these games a little easier. I understand the choppy inconsistent scoring from a top pick but he's still putting up all the other stats. i'm optimistic to say the least

You can't be surprised by this? Really, he is what he is. Too comfortable not banging bodies. If you look at how he plays you can see a pattern. He has games where he goes and bangs with opponents big guys. Obviously obliviates them too. He can average closer to 30/12reb/10ast when he sets his mind to it. But he just is not a warrior. He preserves his body and I don't blame him. It is a 82 game marathon and after that the real games begin. You do what u need to do to keep yourself healthy and in strength. He might be even worse than last year if Nugs can clinch the playoffs spot early and rest him up. Last year he had to go all out late on the season when they were chasing.

• Like 1

I’d be mad if I owned him too but its not like he doesn’t get the ball in his hands and have the option to shoot. If anything you’d have to be mad at Jokic not the other Nuggets, Jokic is the one passing it to them for their shots anyway

The most reluctant superstar caliber player I have ever seen. He has a lot of ability no doubt, but like KAT he doesn't have the killer instinct.  I don't think he is the type of player that can carry a team to a championship.  He disappears for stretches of games too much.  It happens every year.

Unless something is going on in his personal life to explain why he has stretches like this, it is crazy that he would only take 1 shot the entire game.  I don't care if you are a pass first player, no #1 player on a team should take 1 shot the entire game.  He is doing a disservice to his team and he is getting paid money to be the main guy too.

In terms of fantasy, there definitely is no reason to panic.  He will bounce back.

44 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

The most reluctant superstar caliber player I have ever seen. He has a lot of ability no doubt, but like KAT he doesn't have the killer instinct.  I don't think he is the type of player that can carry a team to a championship.  He disappears for stretches of games too much.  It happens every year.

Unless something is going on in his personal life to explain why he has stretches like this, it is crazy that he would only take 1 shot the entire game.  I don't care if you are a pass first player, no #1 player on a team should take 1 shot the entire game.  He is doing a disservice to his team and he is getting paid money to be the main guy too.

In terms of fantasy, there definitely is no reason to panic.  He will bounce back.

No player can carry a team to a championship in the modern soft capped NBA with the Warriors healthy. 

These are old and dying analogies now. Dirk prime was the last one we could use this reference too, and in that case, I'd agree. Dirk would rather fade away 36 feet from the basket than pass to a JAG that shoots 35%.

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

No player can carry a team to a championship in the modern soft capped NBA with the Warriors healthy. 

LeBron James. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Monte Morris got 10 shots....how am I supposed to win when my first round pick takes 1 shot and he a negative assist ratio...

It could be worse I had a choice between playing Jokic or Whiteside last night. Easy to guess my pick. Went from leading 8-1 down to 5-4?

53 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

These are old and dying analogies now. Dirk prime was the last one we could use this reference too, and in that case, I'd agree. Dirk would rather fade away 36 feet from the basket than pass to a JAG that shoots 35%.

Yes, teams need more than one superstar to compete for a championship, now more than ever with the Warriors.  But needing multiple great players has almost always been the case in the whole history of the league though.  So that doesn't make it archaic to use the "carry a team" analogy as a way to still describe your #1 player because hypothetically, your best player should have the ability to be able to put the team on his back in critical moments.  So what I am saying is I don't think you can get to or win a championship with Jokic as your best player.  I don't think he can put a team on his back if they needed him too.  He isn't built that way like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Original Isiah, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, etc - the way the great players were built.

8 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yes, teams need more than one superstar to compete for a championship, now more than ever with the Warriors.  But needing multiple great players has almost always been the case in the whole history of the league though.  So that doesn't make it archaic to use the "carry a team" analogy as a way to still describe your #1 player because hypothetically, your best player should have the ability to be able to put the team on his back in critical moments.  So what I am saying is I don't think you can get to or win a championship with Jokic as your best player.  I don't think he can put a team on his back if they needed him too.  He isn't built that way like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Original Isiah, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, etc - the way the great players were built.

Lol. No one on Earth except maybe Jokers mother would argue with you that he's not on that level. 

So I guess I agree lol

24 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If kyrie Irving and love are just guys then maybe, but they're not. 

LBJ never did it on his own carrying a team

Nobody can win a championship by themselves, especially not against this Warriors team. Dirk is probably the only one in NBA history that did so.

8 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

...I don't think you can get to or win a championship with Jokic as your best player.  I don't think he can put a team on his back if they needed him too.  He isn't built that way like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Original Isiah, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, etc - the way the great players were built.

You can't assess this from his current body of work. Guess I'm with you, but as "probably not" -- never "never." Dirk gave me the same impression (prolly latent racism on my part) until one day...

And man, I like this team in spite of Murray. I want to see them win.

Placating ball-hog teammates at 7-1 into an 82 game season means nothing. Pat Ewing bitched to the Post every time one of his teammates (aside from chucker Starks) took more shots than he did, and look how many rings that "carry my team" posturing got him.

19 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Nobody did. IMO Iverson was closest.

36 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If kyrie Irving and love are just guys then maybe, but they're not. 

how about we just give him a ring for carrying that roster to the finals last year :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, yeet said:

Nobody can win a championship by themselves, especially not against this Warriors team. Dirk is probably the only one in NBA history that did so.

Houston here. Dream disagrees. 

• Like 2