DLove

Kris Dunn 2018-2019 Season Thread

How do you guys feel about Kris Dunn this year? What's with the offseason news about the Bulls not being happy with his attitude and work ethic or something? Any heard anymore on that? His D stats are amazing and his assist numbers aren't bad. We didnt get to see him play much with LaVine last year but i assume lavine will do alot of ball handling as well but i love that they got rid of grant so dunn is really the only true PG they have so i assume he'll get all the run he can handle. 

He's one of those good for fantasy but bad in real life players. Way too erratic; like a tasmanian devil. He's a poor mans John Wall. He's a good defender though.

I actually like watching him play, but that's just facts. Once the Bulls start to get actual players, he'll be expandable. 

Edited by Trench Mob

13 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Once the Bulls start to get actual players, he'll be expandable

Like the stay puff marshmallow man? 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Like the stay puff marshmallow man? 

Lol you know what I meant. I'm bad at the English language. 

• Like 3

I agree he is a good for fantasy so-so for real life player. I wouldn’t overpay for him though and he seems injury prone a major one in college and the issues last year. He’s also 24 (how is he older than Mario Hezonja who feels like he has been in the NBA forever?!) so while he can still improve he is way more raw than he should be after 4 years in college and two in the pros. If I was punting FG% or even PTS I might target him second half of draft but I honestly don’t have a ton of faith in him for those reasons above despite being “serviceable” haha

• Like 1

Solid source of steals and assists you can get in the later rounds of redrafts and probably doesn't shoot enough to hurt your FG substantially. 2 steals a game with 6 assists and 10+ points a game definitely is rosterable in 10 team leagues and higher.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

Solid source of steals and assists you can get in the later rounds of redrafts and probably doesn't shoot enough to hurt your FG substantially. 2 steals a game with 6 assists and 10+ points a game definitely is rosterable in 10 team leagues and higher.

For the elite steals alone he is 100% worth it.  From his first year to second, he improved the percentages so it would be safe to assume he worked on it some more.  But even if it stays the same, like you said, it isn't like he is going to shoot that much with the added talent they have to hurt anyway.

Pair him with like Oladipo or PG, steals would then be locked down.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, papocrain said:

I hope he improved his shooting specially at the 3pt area. That would be tremendous in addition to his defensive stats.

I think with Jabari and Carter Jr being players defences will have to keep an eye on including Lauri and Lavine, Dunn should see better looks for himself, instead of creating off the dribble like he did way too many times last year. If he can even get to 45% fg and 75% ft with his elite steals, great blocks for a pg and good assists and rebounds, he will be a very good player to target as a sleeper this year.

Prediction: 12.5 points/ 6.3 assists/ 4.1 rebounds/ 2.3 steals/ 0.8 blocks/ 1.1 threes/ 43 FG%/ 69 FT% in 29 MINS

Fantasywise, he's a great asset. In real life, mmm... Anyway, I don't think he's going to hurt your FG% since the Bulls has solid scorers now with Lavine, Jabari and Lauri. Dunn has a lot of solid contributions in STLs and ASTs categories. If your squad doesn't have a top PG, Dunn can be your main PG imo.

I'm high on Dunn also, he fills up the stat sheets with elite defensive stats...Health is only issue here...Awesome p/u for rounds 8-10!!

when season starts, the ball will be in two players hands for the bulls. Lavine & Dunn.

Now.... high turnovers & s--- percentages are gonna hurt, he's gonna have to get those assists and steals to offset all that.

If he gets 30+ minutes I can see him getting enough dimes and steals. Dunn Dunn is a volume black hole on TO/FG%/FT%/3PM in the Guard slot. really only solid for two stats (AST & STL)  and above avg in rebounds.

Best for points leagues
Good option in the right build for 9cat
Better option in 8cat
Not an option in ROTO imo.

6 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

when season starts, the ball will be in two players hands for the bulls. Lavine & Dunn.

Now.... high turnovers & s--- percentages are gonna hurt, he's gonna have to get those assists and steals to offset all that.

If he gets 30+ minutes I can see him getting enough dimes and steals. Dunn Dunn is a volume black hole on TO/FG%/FT%/3PM in the Guard slot. really only solid for two stats (AST & STL)  and above avg in rebounds.

Best for points leagues
Better option in 8cat

Agree best for points league.  A nice PG to get in the 7th or 8th round.

8 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Best for points leagues
Better option in 8cat

Understand the last part of your recommendation, although I think he can be ok for Roto as long it's an 8-cat league.  It at least eliminates one of his weaknesses.

I am in an 8-cat Roto league and missed out on most of the PGs I wanted in my draft last night, so I'm considering trading for Dunn.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 12:37 PM, Starvela said:

I'm high on Dunn also, he fills up the stat sheets with elite defensive stats...Health is only issue here...Awesome p/u for rounds 8-10!!

Health not a concern....he sat because bulls were tanking last year.

• Like 1

Ceiling is probably 15/7/5 on decent shooting numbers while leading the league in steals. 

More likely he'll have a similar overall statline to last year. Maybe a little bit more efficient. He shot 32% from 3 so it's not like he was pure garbage from there. A boost to 35-36% would make a massive difference in his overall offensive game. Even though he's 24 he's basically a second year player. He made a ton of rookie mistakes last year, particularly with shot selection, which makes sense since it was his first opportunity to really play after Thibs buried him. A lot of room to grow and he's got a very safe floor IMO. 

Other than Lauri, he's the only Bull I'd draft this year. Everyone else is too volatile. 

Edited by sleepysock
  • Like 2

1. FYI

Kris Dunn (personal) will not suit up for Thursday's season opener against the 76ers, and Cameron Payne will draw the start in his place.
    It's unclear exactly why Dunn will be away from the team tonight, but hopefully, he'll be able to get back in time for Saturday's game against the Pistons. Cameron Payne can be hit-or-miss, but he should be looking at quality minutes tonight, which puts him on the radar as a potential punt play in DFS. Tyler Ulis should also see minutes tonight with Dunn unavailable. Oct 18 - 12:02 PM