DLove

Kris Dunn 2018-2019 Season Thread

On 12/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Give me 3 good names to pick up then and I'll let you know they're already owned 

Almost any guard or wing playing more than 20-25mpg, you're welcome.

If you're playing in a deep league with no good options on the WW, and you were in desperate need of a 3pt shooting guard, then yes congratulations you made a stupid pick!

I sold him earlier and the Lavine went out. Dunn was very good for few games, but with Lavine and his 20 shots back he is going back to norm with last nights effort.

Just want to chime in that having guys that essentially only help you in 3s(1 category) and probably ranked outside 140 overall  because you lack 3s having guys like Dunn on your team isn't ideal. I'd much rather have 2 guys that both gets some 3s while at least helping in a couple other cats who're both capable of being top 100 or top 80 players for example. I've had both Wesley Matthews and Dunn at one point, didn't like what they were giving me for my build, so I flipped them for Smart and Marvin Williams which I think is a better combination although some might disagree. 3s also might be the easiest category to find in FA, but with the nba right now it is extremely hard to even win this cat unless you have steph/lillard or your entire roster contributes to it. 

• Haha 1

In the long run, I think Dunn will average out around 15 PTS, 5 REBS, 8 AST, 1.5 STL 45% FG 80% FT.

Lavine will reduce his PTS but should eventually reward him w/ better FG%.

I'm seeing Teague-like numbers w/o the 3PM.

I have Dunn on my roster for the Assists and steals.. anyone else searching for elite numbers from him in any other categories are mistaken.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

I have Dunn on my roster for the Assists and steals.. anyone else searching for elite numbers from him in any other categories are mistaken.

He is a very good rebounding guard also. Triple dub threat on the nightly to go with @ 2 steals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

The elite steals haven't been there thus far.

2 steals per game in 3 out of the last 4 is not elite yet? 😵😵😵

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

7 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

1.2 isn't elite. 

Just now, Ace_King said:

1.2 isn't elite. 

What about the 1.7 this week and the 1.6 the last 2 weeks? Still not elite? Especially coming off an injury?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

What about the 1.7 this week and the 1.6 the last 2 weeks? Still not elite? Especially coming off an injury?

15 players average 1.7 or more, 18 average 1.6 or more. So no, by definition, while very good, those are not elite numbers.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

The elite steals haven't been there thus far.

Sample size + ramping up minutes when coming back from injury 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

15 players average 1.7 or more, 18 average 1.6 or more. So no, by definition, while very good, those are not elite numbers.

So out of 360+ players being in the top 15 is not elite? I’m confused by your definition of elite then... being in the top 4% in steals is still not elite for you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

So out of 360+ players being in the top 15 is not elite? I’m confused by your definition of elite then... being in the top 4% in steals is still not elite for you?

Argument won... top 15 at anything is pretty elite to me. Makes you a borderline line "1st round talent" for whatever particular category.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

I still don't see him well playing next to Zach "usage monster" Lavine

You also didn't think he'd be playing until February, so it's probably a good sign if you don't think he will play well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rproflmao said:

It's a subjective definition  but to me no it's not. It's being very good but not a game changer. Last year he was at 2.0, which was tied with three other players for second. So he could have been as low as 5th when you got into the hundreths. 

As a comparison, the second overall player in fantasy (8 cat) right now is Anthony Davis and the 5th is Towns. The 15th player is Kemba Walker, and the 18th is Marc Gasol. 

Davis, Towns, Walker, and Gasol are all good basketball players but you don't see a material difference between Davis/Towns and Walker/Gasol? 

For all the "confused" reactions, look at it another way, being top 15 or top 18 in assists is averaging 6 and change. Is that "elite" assists production? Again, it's subjective but I don't usually see a guy averaging 6 assists for a season (let alone two weeks) referred to as "elite" despite it placing them in the top 4-5 percent of players. 

Dunn likely will rebound, given his career steals rate.

Edited by Ace_King

Dunn is as elite as Javale is elite. F em both Dunn needs to make more 3s and Javale needs to quit getting sicks. Pantsy asses.

I swear some of you invent things to bitch about.

You draft players like Dunn and expect them to have similar stats to Curry or Dame.

Dunn is a stud.  Let’s just hope he doesn’t break his face again this season.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Last six games: 16.3 points, 6.1 rebounds, 6.1 assists, 1.6 steals, 51.1% FG%.  And he is capable of more steals and blocks (only 1 block in those 6). 

He was not a great three point shooter in college, was not in his first two seasons in the pros, and he wasn't going to magically turn into one.  But do you know where he was elite in both college and now the pros - steals! Top 6 in steals per game last year.

I am sure he is going to start making more threes similar to last year or a little less.  But If anyone drafted him to be a splash brother, than sorry your expectations were off.  And for those complaining - Can you find someone else on the WW that can replicate those stats in the past 6 games?  Or replicate what he did last season?

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

We all know there's only one confused person in this thread.

3 hours ago, taenggg said:

We all know there's only one confused person in this thread.

It's a simple argument to understand (for anyone with reasonable intelligence).

Padilla, I don't get the three talk but you draft Dunn hoping for 2+ steals to justify the drain on threes and percentages. If you want 1.5 you can get a much more balanced player to provide that at similar or lesser cost (e.g., Bazemore).

Edited by Ace_King
  • Haha 1

Can we drop the elite non elite stls crap. He's a mid-late pick at best or waiver guy who has been just fine. Geez ppl. 

11 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Can we drop the elite non elite stls crap. He's a mid-late pick at best or waiver guy who has been just fine. Geez ppl. 

The relevance is his value is entirely tied to being among the league leaders in steals while providing 6 or so dimes because he is a drain in threes, percentages, and he doesn't score much. His per 36 steals were 2.1 and 2.5 his first two seasons; it's 1.5 so far this year. That's a considerable decline. 

Edited by Ace_King
  • Haha 1