nine9s

Ian Thomas 2018 Outlook

On 12/11/2018 at 7:30 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I hate point chasing, but pretty hard to ignore the targets and how involved Cam was keeping him.

I am likely to sit Njoku and play the Mon night wild card with IT!

Same dilemma for me too as Njoku has been terrible lately. Thomas and Brate look like better options this week right?

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Change your name to “Dizastro”?

That would sum up my season in that league actually.

2 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Is there some stat floating around that shows that rookie TE's under-perform on primetime? 

Yes it is located next to the stat that says not to play players on Thursday night.

People make stuff up on here a lot.

I really like Ian Thomas this week.  This guy is a big time prospect with his size, athleticism, and hands.  With Cam's arm strength issue right now, Thomas should see a lot of targets.  Let's hope he sees red zone looks -- could lead to a monster game.  With New Orleans focused on McCaffrey, Thomas could easily shake loose for some big gains.

• Thanks 1

Thomas' targets from last week.  Very close to a TD and he's a central part of the play-action game.  Very impressive agility and a load to take down in the open field.

[deleted link - NFL blocked it]

Edited by Lucius Seneca

Always a little tough starting a relative unknown in the fantasy playoffs, but this guy is a solid low-end TE1 this week. In terms of where he ranks, while a guy like Brate has been productive, he's TD or bust. I'd prefer Thomas and all of the targets. The TDs will come.

2 hours ago, Lucius Seneca said:

Thomas' targets from last week.  Very close to a TD and he's a central part of the play-action game.  Very impressive agility and a load to take down in the open field.

[deleted link - NFL blocked it]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRk1_cKfX4Q

you just have to watch it on youtube

Edited by FritzLn

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Always a little tough starting a relative unknown in the fantasy playoffs, but this guy is a solid low-end TE1 this week. In terms of where he ranks, while a guy like Brate has been productive, he's TD or bust. I'd prefer Thomas and all of the targets. The TDs will come.

Same exact boat. Start Brate and risk a 1.5 against a stingy BAL D, or go Thomas. Im leaning Thomas as well. Oddly, Moore Samuel and Thomas all may be playable in PPR this week....they were last week. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mpat15 said:

Same exact boat. Start Brate and risk a 1.5 against a stingy BAL D, or go Thomas. Im leaning Thomas as well. Oddly, Moore Samuel and Thomas all may be playable in PPR this week....they were last week. 

Funny I own Brate and Thomas too. Went w Brate last week and was lucky he got those two TDs. Would have been pissed if he didn’t while seeing all of Thomas’ PPR points on my bench.

This week I’m leaning Ian over Brate but the NO matchup concerns me as they’ve been solid vs the TE position all season.

2 hours ago, FritzLn said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRk1_cKfX4Q

you just have to watch it on youtube

For the most part his catches are in the middle of the field. NO linebackers can cover. 

Im torn between him or burton. However, burtons snap share decreasing since the return of Shaheen. 

Last week:  Ian Thomas:  11 Targets, 9 receptions, 77 yards, 1 red zone target (got to the 1 yard line), played 82% of offensive snaps.  Those are more receptions and targets and roughly equal snap counts to Zach Ertz over the last month.  I'm telling you, this guy's plate is loaded up and he's going to EAT.

4 minutes ago, Lucius Seneca said:

Last week:  Ian Thomas:  11 Targets, 9 receptions, 77 yards, 1 red zone target (got to the 1 yard line), played 82% of offensive snaps.  Those are more receptions and targets and roughly equal snap counts to Zach Ertz over the last month.  I'm telling you, this guy's plate is loaded up and he's going to EAT.

Better than like the past 4 weeks combined for Burton so good enough for me. 

• Like 1

Speaking of ertz, would you play him over ertz with wentz on the outs most likely? 

YouTube highlights look good. He moves like a WR - like Kelce and Ertz. And Newton clearly goes to him a lot.

The combination of 2 weeks is enough for me to play him over Brate this week. TD chances will be less than Brate, but targets and yardage in a PPR league has to be better.

Would 100% go with him over burton.

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Speaking of ertz, would you play him over ertz with wentz on the outs most likely? 

Hell no

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucius Seneca said:

Oh man, I'm all confused now.

16 hours ago, ree10 said:

Funny I own Brate and Thomas too. Went w Brate last week and was lucky he got those two TDs. Would have been pissed if he didn’t while seeing all of Thomas’ PPR points on my bench.

This week I’m leaning Ian over Brate but the NO matchup concerns me as they’ve been solid vs the TE position all season.

in the same boat as well.  I think Ian has the safer floor though

22 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

in the same boat as well.  I think Ian has the safer floor though

Agreed. Brate has consistently put up 20-30 yards a game all season and has been entirely dependent on TDs to have a good week. Thomas can both get you a TD and put up 70 yards. And Brates chances of scoring a TD are lower this week against a really good defense that shouldn't allow as many TDs to the Bucs as they usually generate. 

13 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Agreed. Brate has consistently put up 20-30 yards a game all season and has been entirely dependent on TDs to have a good week. Thomas can both get you a TD and put up 70 yards. And Brates chances of scoring a TD are lower this week against a really good defense that shouldn't allow as many TDs to the Bucs as they usually generate. 

now that I think about it, Brate does have a bit of a safe floor as well.  Seems like the Ravens allow among the lowest vs the TE position - probably because the receivers are covered so well that there's no one else to throw to