Nyblazer11235

Week 1 Waiver Wire Thread

Joe Flacco and Phillip Lindsay are the two available in all 4 of my leagues that i’m putting up FAAB on.

I like Jonnu but will have to look out for Mariotas injury 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

They were already in demand after the Mack trade, but how about this Chicago defense as an add? The have Cohen as a returner too, so that boosts their value even more. Also, seeing how creative Nagy is offensively, could see them doing things on special teams.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NJLionsFan said:

They were already in demand after the Mack trade, but how about this Chicago defense as an add? The have Cohen as a returner too, so that boosts their value even more. Also, seeing how creative Nagy is offensively, could see them doing things on special teams.

Seeing GB probably scared people away but they need to be picked up. Top 10 defense that added the DPOY from last year. Looks lights out on paper. 

3 minutes ago, NJLionsFan said:

I'd hate to blow a waiver on a defense, but they might actually be worth it. 

CSB, I grabbed and started today and figured they would be worth it long term to take a bad performance tonight. 

Nathan peterman!

Yes he’s getting paid for these things he does..

CJA looked good when he ran the ball for McCafferey owners.. I know I need to start cuffin my dudes with my injury luck

Just now, Leopard said:

Why Marshall instead of Lockett? 

I'd say both are worth an add. Marshall is more of a possession guy though so he gets the bump for me in PPR and has the safer floor IMO. I feel like Lockette your waiting all game for that one or two big plays to happen. 

Mack - Indy running backs looked pedestrian. If he is not already claimed, grab him so you can see how the back field will shake out. I have a feeling the others did nothing to warrant many touches going forward. If Mack shows next week, there might be something to that 1500 yards claim floated out by ownership.

• Like 1

Joe Flacco was sizzling hot during the preseason and it showed again today. If not for the blowout, he might have punched more. If by some chance he is unclaimed, grab him. He is highly motivated with Jackson nipping at his heels and I believe this season will be his best to date statistically.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Why Marshall instead of Lockett? 

7 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I'd say both are worth an add. Marshall is more of a possession guy though so he gets the bump for me in PPR and has the safer floor IMO. I feel like Lockette your waiting all game for that one or two big plays to happen. 

Marshall also is a big target in the red zone

I have to say Taylor will be a pick up for me. Goes against New Orleans and it should be a shoot out, plus he has a great floor with his legs. 

Edited by nmartinez12443

2 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Bears dst... could be a year long like Jags last year

Think that now?

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Think that now?

Maybe not jags like but like them next few games vs most of the schedule. Rodgers in Lambeau is why they're still available in leagues

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Maybe not jags like but like them next few games vs most of the schedule. Rodgers in Lambeau is why they're still available in leagues

Agree with that.  

5 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Brandon Marshall (I know, I feel dirty thinking this)

Can't rule out a product of scarcity.  Those redzone looks vacated by Jimmy G are going to have to go to another big bodied receiver who knows how to get separation despite not having speed .. Dickson being out only helped his stock.

Edited by kdko

TE position this season is so thin.. I feel like Dissly & Gesicki aremy adds this week. But I agree that nobody is worth a #1 claim.

I think the move might be hold your waiver slot to pickup the guys that other teams drop prematurely. Brandon Marshall is probably the most intriguing for me if Baldwin will miss time since Lockett is small and a vertical threat so Marshall would better fill the role of a prototypical WR1. I wonder if they'd consider Dez if Baldwin misses significant time, unlike Marshall I think he still has something left in the tank. 

For those thin at QB, Tyrod Taylor and Joe Flacco suddenly look like viable options. Tyrod in particular looks like he has a favorable schedule coming up.

• Like 1