Nyblazer11235

2018 Buy Low / Sell High Thread

tonycpsu

Reminder: This thread is for suggesting players to buy / sell at opportune times, not for discussing specific trade offers you've gotten or received (do that here), discussing your completed trades (those go here) gauging values of specific players (that needs to go in the player's outlook thread if it's generally applicable, or in the AC forum if it's for your team situation.)

Message added by tonycpsu

17 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Buy Lows

Jarvis Landry (WR42 last two weeks)

Tyreek Hill (hasn't scored since Week 2)

Dalvin Cook (obvious one)

Sell Highs

Drew Brees (running game back to full strength)

Andrew Luck (shoulder may fall off at current pass attempt rate)

Isaiah Crowell (obvious one - still sharing backfield with Powell with 

Demaryius Thomas (use last week's explosion to get out)

Buying low on Landry is intriguing.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough on Mayfield to determine which side of the trade would win.

On one hand, we had a coach that said “tho shall not start” which means Mayfield has had a chance to build chemistry with everyone but Landry.

On the other, Landry is clearly the best WR on the roster...

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

anyone think doug baldwin is a buy low or stay away?

depends on how low is low, but i'm thinking that whatever you're thinking is not low enough.

• Like 1

David Johnson had a good stat line last game, but if you watched the game the Cardinals are still misusing him horribly and I don't see that changing soon.

I would take advantage of the Kamara owners' fear of Ingram and his bad game to try and trade DJ high, get Kamara low.

22 hours ago, seanismorris said:

Buying low on Landry is intriguing.

I don’t think we’ve seen enough on Mayfield to determine which side of the trade would win.

On one hand, we had a coach that said “tho shall not start” which means Mayfield has had a chance to build chemistry with everyone but Landry.

On the other, Landry is clearly the best WR on the roster...

I'm not sure Landry is a buy low at all. Rookie QB hurts, but he is better off than he was with Tyrod. He is seeing a silly amount of targets and also a good amount of RZ targets. If you can buy him low, by all means go ahead and do so. Landry is going to have some breakout games and his floor is very steady.

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

Stay away. Seahawks back to running the ball. Baldwin was at his best when the running game fell off and has lived off that performance since

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm not sure Landry is a buy low at all. Rookie QB hurts, but he is better off than he was with Tyrod. He is seeing a silly amount of targets and also a good amount of RZ targets. If you can buy him low, by all means go ahead and do so. Landry is going to have some breakout games and his floor is very steady.

Landry is getting a lot of targets, but less than he was with Tyrod.

All 3 of my starting WRs are better than Landry, so it’s a ‘no go’ for me.  But Landry is worth a look.  I think his catch percentage should increase...

3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Stay away. Seahawks back to running the ball. Baldwin was at his best when the running game fell off and has lived off that performance since

Baldwin said he didn’t expect to be 100% this year.  I don’t think a seller would be able to go low enough to make me interested.

Someone in my league tried to buy low on AB last week with Baldwin + Ingram.

11 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Dropped him today and felt amazing. No one was biting on the market.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, Griffin_Morrow said:

Are we selling high on James White? I surfaced this in the James White main thread and am still pondering his value after Thursday's performance. 

Nope. Value is secure all year IMO. He thrived when they were down in a game. He thrived when they were up in a game.

The RB rotation is predictable in NE now. James White BTW is right around McCaffrey's PPG in 0.5 PPR.

Buy low Alvin Kamara.

Low scoring week. Ingram back. People think he's over.

He maybe over for 40 point every week, but he is not over for being an Elite RB1

15 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Anyone that sells Kamara low has no idea what they're doing. 

You're assumption would be that 100% of Kamara owners know what they're doing - I'm sure that's wrong.

The only reason the Kamara owner in my league isn't 0-5 is his Brees/Kamara stash. He lost his 5th week matchuo because he was lacking 20-30 points - the points Kamara did the first few weeks. And if Kamara "is" your team, you won't survive a dropoff and if he then believes in that...

I'm not saying you get Kamara for cheap, but if you have a David Johnson...

Buy Low

Chris Ivory:  Rumors of McCoy being dealt; would promote Ivory to a starters role where he's had past success.  

DJ Moore: Should continue to see his usage rise.  Perhaps the best playmaking receiver on the Panthers roster 

Robbie Anderson: Faced Darius Slay, Xavien Howard, Denzel Ward, and Jalen Ramsey (4 of the top CB) early on.  Production should jump (as was the case last week) with a lighter schedule on tap. 

Jameis Winston: Looked rusty in mop-up work against Chicago prior to the bye.  Has weapons galore and faces soft schedule against the pass over the next several weeks.  A struggling Tampa defense will promote plenty of opportunity.  

Keenan Allen: Peppered with targets consistently on a pass-first offense.  Buy low if someone is scared off by his 1 total score on the year. 

Sell High

Jordy Nelson: OAK passing game is un-predictible week to week.  Coming off consecutive scoring weeks. Age is a factor

Corey Clement/Wendell Smallwood:  Eagles have been looking to outsource for a more established lead rusher.  These guys hold the lead chair now, however maybe not for long 

Isaiah Crowell: Coming off a game of 200+ total yards, his stock will never be higher.  Typical game script won't see the Jets playing with a lead/running clock.  

Calvin Ridley: Scores have inflated his fantasy numbers, however he has only topped 4 grabs once in a week.  Splitting snaps/targets with Sanu behind Jones.  Worth it to push in if an owner is willing to pony up. 

Marshawn Lynch:  Battling multiple injuries (hip & abdomen), while on the wrong side of 30 years of age. Take away his blow-up game against Cleveland, he's averaging a meager 3.5 YPC. Non-factor in the passing game; often scripted out of the second half (in favor of Richard).  Plenty of red-flags here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone buying low on Michael Thomas? Had a couple average games and now with the bye week. Might be an opportunity to acquire him with the right team.

Edited by purpdrankplaya

1 hour ago, F@ndemonium said:

Isaiah Crowell: Coming off a game of 200+ total yards, his stock will never be higher.  Typical game script won't see the Jets playing with a lead/running clock.  

Did exactly this.  Was never going to play him and value was as high as I think it gets this year.

18 hours ago, herschel said:

Stay far, far away.  His knee is obviously not right, at all.  And it is showing up on the field.

Probably sell high on Le'Veon Bell.  Wishful thinking has him returning to the Steelers down the stretch to win fantasy championships, but he is far more likely not to play a single snap.

41 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Anyone buying low on Michael Thomas? Had a couple average games and now with the bye week. Might be an opportunity to acquire him with the right team.

tenor.gif?itemid=6125776

6 minutes ago, Onyx said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6125776

I'm not RIP. I'll be back.

Dropped: Olsen (injury), Montgomery, Gould, Enunwa, Fitzmagic (RIP), Sturgis

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

I would, but what would buy low entail? Is Michel/Ridley buying low?

1 hour ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Really can't see anyone trying to sell the overall WR3 right now who has a 46/519/3 line over 5 games. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Probably sell high on Le'Veon Bell.  Wishful thinking has him returning to the Steelers down the stretch to win fantasy championships, but he is far more likely na

Based on what? If anything it is the opposite, since the rumors state otherwise, in addition to the fact that this would be his 3 season in a row of getting a late start to the season. The holdout a year ago and the 3 game suspension for substance abuse violation a year before that. Last year did not lead to not playing early games, but he missed all  of training camp and practices prior to regular season. As long as the steelers can stay in the playoff hunt (via wild card or their division) he should finish strong as he has the past 2 years. Once is a fluke, twice is a trend.

Edited by ItsOjMang

19 minutes ago, ItsOjMang said:

Based on what? If anything it is the opposite, since the rumors state otherwise, in addition to the fact that this would be his 3 season in a row of getting a late start to the season. The holdout a year ago and the 3 game suspension for substance abuse violation a year before that. Last year did not lead to not playing early games, but he missed all  of training camp and practices prior to regular season. As long as the steelers can stay in the playoff hunt (via wild card or their division) he should finish strong as he has the past 2 years. Once is a fluke, twice is a trend.

Exactly.  See what I mean?  Find another team manager who shares this delusional thinking, talk Bell up a little more (check out these flashy stats from 2015!), then offload this turd to them for something, anything of value.