Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

Waiver Wire - Week 1

4 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

More or a posting about draft strategy, just want to point something out.

For everyone clamoring about going contrarian and drafting WRs early and often, take a look at the list of guys this week as hot adds. Allison, Marshall, Enunwa, Galloday, Grant. All seem to sport at the very least wr2 upside.

On the rb forefront? Two guys who at best right now are in a timeshare in Lindsay and  eckler.

I know it’s only one week, but I think this illiterates why many have been stern detractors to the zero rb theory. 

Wrs are just so much more abundant, and early on their roles are not always defined just yet. Some RBs have undefined roles as well, but RBs are so much more scarce that anyone with a chance at upside is usually owned by someone as a speculative. WRs there are too many to own them all

While this is true, ever since I've adopted the no-RB draft theory (at least no RBs before round 4ish) a few years ago I've had far more success than when I used to load up on RBs early due to week to week consistency alone. It's funny because common "expert" fantasy draft advice seemingly sets you up for a low success rate in that you're encouraged to take lots of gambles early on with unproven RBs solely because of their position while doing the safe thing (I.E. taking an elite QB, WRS, TE) is frowned upon.

Anyways back to the topic at hand.. I see Allison and Enunwa as being consistent long-term contributors at WR.. If I'm hurting at WR (a Baldwin owner perhaps) I'd be going heavy toward Allison, he's looked really good in his playing time and you're a Cobb/Adams injury from having some serious low-end WR1 upside so the stash appeal is there too.

23 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

Corey Coleman in leagues with deeper benches. He won't produce early, but could be a end of season league winner.

Corey coleman couldn't make the browns or bills and isn't walking on to the pats to win leagues this year...all accounts dude is a moron... read the Dorsett thread and see the article someone just posted about learning and tom...

8 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Corey coleman couldn't make the browns or bills and isn't walking on to the pats to win leagues this year...all accounts dude is a moron... read the Dorsett thread and see the article someone just posted about learning and tom...

Agree. WRs in general are not plug'n'play, and even less so on the Pats. Coleman is going to have to keep his head down, work hard and learn harder. 

Side note: it's pretty impressive though what they got out of Dorsett. 

7 hours ago, jetsfan25 said:

i would imagine brandon marshall gets a lot of targets as long as baldwin is out. lockett isn't a true #1 and seriously...who else do they have?

David Moore.

53 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

While this is true, ever since I've adopted the no-RB draft theory (at least no RBs before round 4ish) a few years ago I've had far more success than when I used to load up on RBs early due to week to week consistency alone. It's funny because common "expert" fantasy draft advice seemingly sets you up for a low success rate in that you're encouraged to take lots of gambles early on with unproven RBs solely because of their position while doing the safe thing (I.E. taking an elite QB, WRS, TE) is frowned upon.

Anyways back to the topic at hand.. I see Allison and Enunwa as being consistent long-term contributors at WR.. If I'm hurting at WR (a Baldwin owner perhaps) I'd be going heavy toward Allison, he's looked really good in his playing time and you're a Cobb/Adams injury from having some serious low-end WR1 upside so the stash appeal is there too.

Yes but this week there were little to no injuries (thank god) for rbs, whereas big ones occurred with wr= baldwin especially tes= Olsen and walker. 

Enuwua should of probably been owned, but I could see marshall, Allison,  and Williams, etc be one week flashes. I could see lots of running in green bay until rodgers is 100% or at least lots of Cobb slants.

I am personally going to be up at 230 am and not wasting a waiver. Going for bears def.

7 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

More or a posting about draft strategy, just want to point something out.

For everyone clamoring about going contrarian and drafting WRs early and often, take a look at the list of guys this week as hot adds. Allison, Marshall, Enunwa, Galloday, Grant. All seem to sport at the very least wr2 upside.

On the rb forefront? Two guys who at best right now are in a timeshare in Lindsay and  eckler.

I know it’s only one week, but I think this illiterates why many have been stern detractors to the zero rb theory. 

Wrs are just so much more abundant, and early on their roles are not always defined just yet. Some RBs have undefined roles as well, but RBs are so much more scarce that anyone with a chance at upside is usually owned by someone as a speculative. WRs there are too many to own them all

Conner and Peterson were late round or preseason ww grabs. Yeldon looks to be a good grab. Hines looks like a solid ppr acquisition. 

Any strategy can work as long as you grab the right guys. Zero rb doesn't literally mean you don't draft any RBs. Just you draft them late and are active in the ww. Elite wr are as scarce as elite rb. 

And before any of you say all these rb I listed were drafted in your league, well then all those wrs would have been drafted too.

And many times players who look like good week one pickups are flukes who end up back on the ww after they've flopped in your lineup or clogged your roster for awhile. 

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Conner and Peterson were late round or preseason ww grabs. Yeldon looks to be a good grab. Hines looks like a solid ppr acquisition. 

Any strategy can work as long as you grab the right guys. Zero rb doesn't literally mean you don't draft any RBs. Just you draft them late and are active in the ww. Elite wr are as scarce as elite rb. 

And before any of you say all these rb I listed were drafted in your league, well then all those wrs would have been drafted too.

And many times players who look like good week one pickups are flukes who end up back on the ww after they've flopped in your lineup or clogged your roster for awhile. 

Doubtful most of those WRs were owned. Peterson or Conner you either grabbed them as a spec or you had to rush to the wire and grab them once the news hit.

Guys like Enunwa, Marshall, Grant were all freebeies and in some instances Galloday and Allison.

There are still plenty more guys who’s roles haven’t quite been defined just yet with room for growth, like Gallop, Moore, Sutton, and others. And they don’t require an injury to happen to make them viable options. Just need to develop. That’s not the case as much with RBs. They either need an injury or the guy ahead to be so bad they get a good shot. 

Basically there are more opportunities at dart throws at WR in my opinion. Rb roles are often more defined and it generally takes injury for that to change. 

20 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Basically there are more opportunities at dart throws at WR in my opinion. Rb roles are often more defined and it generally takes injury for that to change. 

Injuries hit rbs every year. 

Everybody chases the dart throw non elite wrs if you don't have studs.

In ppr (which is what I'm discussing as standard skews to rb), there's usually some middling backup that has zero upside but is guaranteed mediocrity nobody wants. You can survive with 7-12 points from your rb while waiting to burn your ww position on some guy to emerge from either injury or some other reason.

And zero rb doesn't literally mean zero rb drafted. It means late round boring limited upside options and gambles. Marshawn, James White, Thompson and Peterson, Crowell, Barber, Morris. Some will suck. But that's no different than drafting wrs.

Any zero rb owners who drafted OBJ and Thomas and took some late round rbs like Peterson and James White have to be happy. Any rb guys in the same spot who took Fournette and Hunt have to be hurting.

But that goes back to drafting the right guys regardless of strategy. 

Trying to swoop up Kittle on all my teams where he's available and go with Njoku/Kittle for the season. Figure one of them has to finish as a TE1 

28 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

In ppr (which is what I'm discussing as standard skews to rb), there's usually some middling backup that has zero upside but is guaranteed mediocrity nobody wants. You can survive with 7-12 points from your rb while waiting to burn your ww position on some guy to emerge from either injury or some other reason.

And zero rb doesn't literally mean zero rb drafted. It means late round boring limited upside options and gambles. Marshawn, James White, Thompson and Peterson, Crowell, Barber, Morris. Some will suck. But that's no different than drafting wrs.

Any zero rb owners who drafted OBJ and Thomas and took some late round rbs like Peterson and James White have to be happy. Any rb guys in the same spot who took Fournette and Hunt have to be hurting.

This is 100% correct. Kinda how I approach drafting, get two WR1s and a WR1/2 for your flex, draft a high end QB/TE, and then you can draft all the middle to late round RBs you want and you end up winning a lot of weeks just based on pure consistency. But yeah, gotta do your homework and take well educated guesses on those RBs.

Anyways, the crop of RBs this week don't exactly excite me enough to burn good priority, hoping people in my leagues get the Week 1 jitters and burn unnecessary resources on them.

43 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Spot on man, so many different strategies you can use to win 

If anyone rage drops the Chargers after last week's game I would grab them ASAP vs Buffalo.

8 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

If anyone rage drops the Chargers after last week's game I would grab them ASAP vs Buffalo.

Basically any defense playing Buffalo this year is a great spot start

51 minutes ago, FFGOAT said:

Cj prosise

Why? He got no work week 1. Why is that changing and how much work will be get? 

3 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

There are more WRs you can grab off the WW and use as a flex.  However, when a starting RB goes down his backup is going to be much more reliable than the WW WRs who are mostly hit or miss. 

Very rarely will you get a reliable WR1/2 on the WW but you can find RB1/2s on the WW every year.  

1 hour ago, FFGOAT said:

Cj prosise

Seahawks' C.J. Prosise: Makes no impact Sunday

September 9, 2018 7:09 PM EDT | by RotoWire Staff

Prosise didn't have any carries or targets during Sunday's 27-24 loss to the Broncos.

With Mike Davis (coach's decision) inactive, it appeared Prosise might have an opportunity to see some work. However, Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny combined for 14 carries and 10 targets, while Prosise logged just seven snaps on offense and 17 on special teams.

From FBG...Don't shoot the messenger.

The number in red next to a waiver wire gem indicated the percentage of a "blind bid" budget used in some leagues to award free agent pickups. If your league does not use blind bid waivers, consider the number a way to rank the quality of waiver wire additions.

QUARTERBACK UPGRADE

1. QB Andrew Luck, IND
  2. QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC
  3. QB Philip Rivers, LAC
  4. QB Alex Smith, WAS (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  5. QB Case Keenum, DEN (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  6. QB Tyrod Taylor, CLE (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  7. QB Drew Brees, NO
  8. QB Andy Dalton, CIN (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  9. QB Sam Darnold, NYJ (waiver wire: 1%)
  10. QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, TB (waiver wire: 1%)
  11. QB Joe Flacco, BAL (waiver wire: 1%)
  12. QB Blaine Gabbert, TEN (waiver wire: 1% in very deep/2QB/Superflex)
  13. QB Ryan Tannehill, MIA (waiver wire: 1%)
  14. QB Mitchell Trubisky, CHI (waiver wire: 1%)

RUNNING BACK UPGRADE

1. RB James Conner, PIT (waiver wire: 50+%)
  2. RB Joe Mixon, CIN
  3. RB Adrian Peterson, WAS (waiver wire: 50+%)
  4. RB Alvin Kamara, NO
  5. RB Dion Lewis, TEN
  6. RB Chris Thompson, WAS
  7. RB Austin Ekeler, LAC (waiver wire: 20-40%)
  8. RB Phillip Lindsay, DEN (waiver wire: 20-40%)
  9. RB T.J. Yeldon, JAX (waiver wire: 20-40%)
  10. RB Saquon Barkley, NYG
  11. RB Tevin Coleman, ATL
  12. RB Dalvin Cook, MIN
  13. RB Javorius Allen, BAL (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  14. RB Theo Riddick, DET (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  15. RB Nyheim Hines, IND (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  16. RB Jalen Richard, OAK (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  17. RB Jordan Wilkins, IND (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  18. RB Alfred Blue, HOU (waiver wire: 1% in deep leagues)
  19. RB Corey Grant, JAX (waiver wire: 1% in deep leagues)
  20. RB Darren Sproles, PHI (waiver wire: 1% in deep leagues)

WIDE RECEIVER UPGRADE

1. WR Quincy Enunwa, NYJ (waiver wire: 12-25%)
  2. WR DeSean Jackson, TB (waiver wire: 12-25%)
  3. WR Tyler Lockett, SEA (waiver wire: 12-25%)
  4. WR Emmanuel Sanders, DEN
  5. WR Kenny Stills, MIA
  6. WR Michael Thomas, NO
  7. WR Mike Evans, TB
  8. WR Julio Jones, ATL
  9. WR Geronimo Allison, GB (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  10. WR Odell Beckham Jr, NYG
  11. WR John Brown, BAL (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  12. WR Ted Ginn, NO (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  13. WR Jarvis Landry, CLE
  14. WR Brandon Marshall, SEA (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  15. WR Randall Cobb, GB
  16. WR Brandin Cooks, LAR
  17. WR Chris Godwin, TB (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  18. WR Dante Pettis, SF (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  19. WR Tyrell Williams, LAC (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  20. WR Cole Beasley, DAL (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  21. WR Phillip Dorsett, NE (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  22. WR Kenny Golladay, DET
  23. WR Mike Williams, LAC (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  24. WR Bruce Ellington, HOU (waiver wire: 1%)
  25. WR Ryan Grant, IND (waiver wire: 1%)
  26. WR Willie Snead, BAL (waiver wire: 1%)
  27. WR Keelan Cole, JAX (waiver wire: 1%)
  28. WR Corey Coleman, NE (waiver wire: 1% in very deep leagues)
  29. WR Keke Coutee, HOU (waiver wire: 1% in very deep leagues)
  30. WR Dede Westbrook, JAX (waiver wire: 1%)

TIGHT END UPGRADE

1. TE Rob Gronkowski, NE
  2. TE George Kittle, SF (waiver wire: 20-40%)
  3. TE Jared Cook, OAK (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  4. TE Eric Ebron, IND (waiver wire: 10-20%)
  5. TE Jordan Reed, WAS
  6. TE Jonnu Smith, TEN (waiver wire: 5-10%)
  7. TE Ben Watson, NO (waiver wire: 3-5%)
  8. TE Will Dissly, SEA (waiver wire: 1%)
  9. TE Jesse James, PIT (waiver wire: 1%)
  10. TE Ian Thomas, CAR (waiver wire: 1%)

Am I missing something when it comes to John Brown? I've seen a couple of sites hyping him up after Sunday's game, but after looking at the boxscore...there were 5 other receivers that got more targets than him on Sunday