Sign in to follow this  
PackerBacker555

Drop Hurns for... 100% WHIR

Allen Hurns is on my bench. Big 16 team league. 

0.5 ppr

Any of the below wrs worth a pickup:

Brandon marshall- could just be fill in until Baldwin gets back but don’t know

Courtland Sutton- like the guy for some reason. Good week 1. I think defenses have to key in on sanders eventually. Played a good % of snaps. 

Dede Westbrook- he was dropped last night. 6 targets and bortles went to him quite often. 

Ricky Seals-Jones- he was  dropped last night too. Te is thin in the league especially with 2 injuries. I have burton who has an early bye week. He did play over 90% of the snaps and saw decent targets. I think he dropped a TD too. Cardinals only ran 53 plays anyways. 

Thanks!

All good pickups for Hurns (who was truly never even good, even in his 'good' year lol). I think I like Westbrook the best overall as a posession option.

I’d drop Hurns for any of these guys as well.. Cowboys offense didn’t look efficient enough and Cole Beasley will get most throws... 

4 minutes ago, yesno9 said:

I’d drop Hurns for any of these guys as well.. Cowboys offense didn’t look efficient enough and Cole Beasley will get most throws... 

Which player do you suggest? Also, worth getting jones considering the te pool on waivers is nothing. Consists of Ian Thomas, brate, McDonald, dissly

I'd probably go Marshall first, and Seals-Jones second if you are nervous about Burton

I like Dede or Sutton. I think Dede probably has more immediate value but Sutton could be huge if something happened to Sanders or Thomas -- that kid is a talent, and the Broncos will sling it more.

Thanks for help on mine!

I like Courtland Sutton the most. The ceiling for him is definitely higher but I like Westbrook too so it is close. I think I would go with Sutton though for the upside. Thanks for the help on mine.

Dede or Marshall. 

I like Marshall with Baldwin out. Dede probably ROS.

I would pick up Dede Westbrook and dump Hurns.  I got Westbrook in one of my leagues a couple days ago and definitely didn't regret it this past Sunday.  Considering the wide-out situation in Jacksonville, I think he's got a decent chance to become their WR2 and see a fair amount of action.  

I think what it comes down to is what you're looking for. Here's how I see it:

• Dede - I think you'll get some WR4 value out of him season-long barring any more injuries to the Jags receiver corp. There's upside for more than that here, but the Jags are such a run-heavy team and the handful of targets that exist there are spread pretty evenly (admittedly, based on a single game sample size, so take that with a grain of salt). He seems like the steadiest of the bunch.

• Marshall - He'll likely provide some immediate value, possibly up into the WR2/3 range, while Baldwin is recovering from his injury. He's a redzone target and probably the most consistent healthy WR for the Seahawks right now. I'd go with Marshall if you're okay with fishing for someone to replace him in a few weeks (or whenever Baldwin returns).

• Sutton - Definitely the highest upside of this group, but he's behind Sanders and DT, both of whom command a pretty good share of the target pool. Maybe Sutton takes over DT's role or either DT or Sanders gets hurt, but Sutton's pretty much just a bench stash at this point.

• RSJ - Obviously, he's a TE so that differentiates him from the rest. I think you need to weigh what you need more: more WR help or some security at the TE position. RSJ has a ton of upside, but so does Burton. If you don't mind carrying more than one TE on your roster, you could play the matchups between the two of them week-to-week.

If it were me, I'd go Marshall and hope for some WR2/3 value for the next couple weeks. I'm fine fishing again later for a replacement if his usage drops once Baldwin gets back.

Hope it helps!

Edited by ImaginarySam
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ImaginarySam said:

I think what it comes down to is what you're looking for. Here's how I see it:

• Dede - I think you'll get some WR4 value out of him season-long barring any more injuries to the Jags receiver corp. There's upside for more than that here, but the Jags are such a run-heavy team and the handful of targets that exist there are spread pretty evenly (admittedly, based on a single game sample size, so take that with a grain of salt). He seems like the steadiest of the bunch.

• Marshall - He'll likely provide some immediate value, possibly up into the WR2/3 range, while Baldwin is recovering from his injury. He's a redzone target and probably the most consistent healthy WR for the Seahawks right now. I'd go with Marshall if you're okay with fishing for someone to replace him in a few weeks (or whenever Baldwin returns).

• Sutton - Definitely the highest upside of this group, but he's behind Sanders and DT, both of whom command a pretty good share of the target pool. Maybe Sutton takes over DT's role or either DT or Sanders gets hurt, but Sutton's pretty much just a bench stash at this point.

• RSJ - Obviously, he's a TE so that differentiates him from the rest. I think you need to weigh what you need more: more WR help or some security at the TE position. RSJ has a ton of upside, but so does Burton. If you don't mind carrying more than one TE on your roster, you could play the matchups between the two of them week-to-week.

If it were me, I'd go Marshall and hope for some WR2/3 value for the next couple weeks. I'm fine fishing again later for a replacement if his usage drops once Baldwin gets back.

Hope it helps!

I’m looking ahead to bye weeks etc...

burton has an early bye and RSJ is there that I could plug in for him without trying to scramble. 

My starting wrs are OBJ and Cooper

12 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I’m looking ahead to bye weeks etc...

burton has an early bye and RSJ is there that I could plug in for him without trying to scramble. 

My starting wrs are OBJ and Cooper

I would actually be tempted to start Marshall over Cooper this week if you decided to go that route.

If you're really concerned about bye weeks at this point, I could see snagging RSJ, hoping he breaks out, and then potentially trying to flip him (or Burton if RSJ turns out to be better) to a TE-needy manager after the bye. Just a thought.

I think I'm personally still in favor of going the Marshall route, especially given Cooper's (or really, Carr's) struggles last week and the likelihood that those struggles continue against Denver.

To add to that, I actually think Marshall is a really great complement to Cooper right now given their schedules and opportunities. Marshall has some decent matchups and great opportunity the next couple of weeks while Cooper and the Raiders probably need a couple of weeks to really get going, especially considering this week's matchup and the fact that the Raiders hardly played their starters at all through the preseason. As a Cooper owner myself, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they work out a lot of the kinks over the next couple of games.

Seals or Sutton for me depending on your roster. Sutton is an injury away from being a big-time contributor. 

Seals will be inconsistent with Bradford and that O-line