Rotoworld.com Forums

Rudy Gobert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Man Chriss is just a little s--- with a bad attitude... and from a physical standpoint IMO Capela looks little more tougher that Rudy...

Take away all of your bias towards Chriss from the Suns mess. That environment was terrible and Chriss was too immature to deal with it. But, he is an athletic freak that spaces to the 3. Do you know how crazy that is? A rim protector that can space to 3 and play the 5 for a team that can go as fast as possible. I think Chriss represents a sizeable risk to Capela's minutes upside....IF he can mature and play within himself. It is basically like Lebron with the Heat when Bosh would play the 5 and everyone on the floor would be a 3 point shooter. Only you replace Lebron with Harden and you play with far greater pace. 

Does anyone question Rudy's toughness? I ask that sincerely. Like the thought that Rudy is soft never crossed my mind. I keep driving home the flukiness of the injuries last season, but I think he blew away the recovery timeline and almost always comes back from injury earlier. 

Edited by thezing1
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give him a new thread! The man pretty much beat the US by himself. Another big year coming for Mr. Gobert.

When drafting guys like Gobert, Drummond, Capela, and Jordan you gotta just hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Shouldnt expect to win ft% with these guys. 

Yeah you can. Go to the ac forum

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Take away all of your bias towards Chriss from the Suns mess. That environment was terrible and Chriss was too immature to deal with it. But, he is an athletic freak that spaces to the 3. Do you know how crazy that is? A rim protector that can space to 3 and play the 5 for a team that can go as fast as possible. I think Chriss represents a sizeable risk to Capela's minutes upside....IF he can mature and play within himself. It is basically like Lebron with the Heat when Bosh would play the 5 and everyone on the floor would be a 3 point shooter. Only you replace Lebron with Harden and you play with far greater pace. 

Does anyone question Rudy's toughness? I ask that sincerely. Like the thought that Rudy is soft never crossed my mind. I keep driving home the flukiness of the injuries last season, but I think he blew away the recovery timeline and almost always comes back from injury earlier. 

IDK... I think that Rudy's kinda soft... his frame (for C position) is just... meh... yeah...

And for Chriss... we'll see... I mean Houston's coaching staff and Houston's management obviously trust very much in Capela...

Edited by Stefan
15 minutes ago, Stefan said:

IDK... I think that Rudy's kinda soft... his frame (for C position) is just... meh... yeah...

And for Chriss... we'll see... I mean Houston's coaching staff and Houston's management obviously trust very much in Capela...

Anyone else think Gobert is soft? If there is a herd mentality that a player is soft coming off of injury plagued year (even if they were fluke) then that player should fall as drafts approach and not rise. 

4 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Anyone else think Gobert is soft? If there is a herd mentality that a player is soft coming off of injury plagued year (even if they were fluke) then that player should fall as drafts approach and not rise. 

I didn't said he's injury prone or something... just a little more softer than he should be (for c position anyway)... Clint looks (to me) bulkier and bulkier every season... 

Edited by Stefan
Just now, Stefan said:

I didn't said he's injury prone or something... just a little more softer that he should be (for c position anyway)... Clint look (to me) bulkier and bulkier every season... 

I never said you did. Gobert missed time last year. Fluke or no fluke, he had 2 injuries. Them be the facts. I never considered the Stifle Tower to be soft. Just wanted to see if that is kind of the consensus in the fantasy community or not. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I never said you did. Gobert missed time last year. Fluke or no fluke, he had 2 injuries. Them be the facts. I never considered the Stifle Tower to be soft. Just wanted to see if that is kind of the consensus in the fantasy community or not. 

Yeah, ok. I'm interested in knowing that also.

Edited by Stefan
  • 4 weeks later...

The 5/5 from the line really stands out. He looked comfortable at the line tonight, but it's opening night so let's not get carried away. We may not see another 5/5 at the line for the remainder of the season.  :huh:

3 minutes ago, Ajax said:

The 5/5 from the line really stands out. He looked comfortable at the line tonight, but it's opening night so let's not get carried away. We may not see another 5/5 at the line for the remainder of the season.  :huh:

My punt FT team including Gobert and others just shot 88% today... All the bonus in not just taking all the worst FT shooters but just outright ignoring the cat, sometimes you win

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Lol, at people picking Capela way ahead of this guy...I was high on him prior to draft...

Yours must be the only draft where Capela was drafted before Gobert because Gobert was chosen at least one-two rounds before Capela in every draft I partook of. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Yours must be the only draft where Capela was drafted before Gobert because Gobert was chosen at least one-two rounds before Capela in every draft I partook of. 

That was true for 6 out of my 7 drafts this year, however in a very highly competitive 9 cat roto league draft that was done live at Las Vegas, and where all the managers are very well known, respected knowledgeable forum regulars here, Capela was taken very early second round, and much to my surprise Gobert felt on my lap in the 3rd round.

Bless the hearts of those very knowledgeable and respected managers, but I question their competency in drafting Capela that high and before Gobert regardless of format.

Edited by Taipan

Gobert looking more comfortable at the FT line. He's improved his FT% every season so far. So far averaging 17.6 points per game. If he can keep shooting at or above 70% FT%, and score at least 17 ppg he's a lock for solid early to mid second round value.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Gobert looking more comfortable at the FT line. He's improved his FT% every season so far. So far averaging 17.6 points per game. If he can keep shooting at or above 70% FT%, and score at least 17 ppg he's a lock for solid early to mid second round value.

That's exactly where he was projected last year, a year too late, but at a lesser cost :) I targeted him , that's for sure!!

Edited by Starvela
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

Gobert's currently averaging 1.5 steals/game but his career has been less than 1.0, you guys think this is maintainable? I'm thinking of trading Kemba for him on my punt assists build but I'm already weak in steals as it is. 

Likely not sustainable, as 1.5 is doubling what he typically averages. A modest uptick is more reasonable, maybe 1.0ish.

He’s also played a lot of pass-heavy and/or sloppy teams: SAC, GSW, HOU, and DAL for instance.

That said the league is playing at a faster pace overall... If he ends up in the 1.3-1.5 range ROS it’ll seem pretty flukey, but I won’t complain!