sjm76

Vance McDonald 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, SonataArctica said:

remember James cook? Play him

220px-Captainjamescookportrait.jpg

Nah, I'd say Cook's floor is very low......like 6 feet under it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yceman1234 said:

220px-Captainjamescookportrait.jpg

Nah, I'd say Cook's floor is very low......like 6 feet under it.

Haha I meant Jared cook, but I didn’t mean to play Jared cook. I meant to say you should play McDonald, if you remember what Jared cook did to that same defense

28 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Haha I meant Jared cook, but I didn’t mean to play Jared cook. I meant to say you should play McDonald, if you remember what Jared cook did to that same defense

The only other team TE’s did well against the Browns was the Buccaneers. Weather may be a factor in this matchup again too. Be careful & don’t expect Cook’s numbers for McDonald here

Edited by lvsaint429

8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

The only other team TE’s did well against the Browns was the Buccaneers. Weather may be a factor in this matchup again too. Be careful & don’t expect Cook’s numbers for McDonald here

They didn’t play a team with a tight end of consequence in any other games. McDonald was out in their first match vs Steelers. Chargers are Virgl green and a dying gates, Baltimore has a lot of tight ends but none that have produced this season.. jets have no tight end of consequence and saints have Ben Watson. Tampa has an elite tight end. What happened? He produced. Jared cook has been a favorite target this year that is hit or miss and he hit that game. 

3 hours ago, krest509 said:

Next week against Bal is the play 

Nah, the play is to run to your waiver wire and claim Jack Doyle.

I'll remember you Vance for that massive stiff arm but I think I need to jump ship now.  No hard feelings.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Nah, the play is to run to your waiver wire and claim Jack Doyle.

I'll remember you Vance for that massive stiff arm but I think I need to jump ship now.  No hard feelings.

Doyle been in my iR spots since he got hurt ??‍♂️ Drafted him in the 10th rd

26 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Doyle been in my iR spots since he got hurt ??‍♂️ Drafted him in the 10th rd

Coolness

• Like 2

A perpetual tease.  There are simply too many mouths to feed in Pittsburgh.  And if they have a game in the bag, they’ll just go to Conner damn near every time.

• Thanks 1

Who's feeling Vance Dance this week? This guy is a poor man's OJ Howard for all the TE paupers out there. He also has a green fantasy playoff schedule Weeks 14, 15. Now if only we could get rid of the "Road Dogg"...

Edited by the Ghost of Joe Webb

What is this guys long term appeal ( Keeper League) Does he rock next year as well?   This guy is long on talent so perhaps he is someone to stash as well.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:36 AM, Tommy Lee Jones said:

A perpetual tease.  There are simply too many mouths to feed in Pittsburgh.  And if they have a game in the bag, they’ll just go to Conner damn near every time.

Yeah.  I'm dropping.  No need to hang on to a second tight end and I don't think I'll ever play him now that I've got Doyle (see post above).

Better emergency stash ... Vance or Hooper?

Sincerely,

Gronk and Reed owner

Hooper ROS

10 @Cle - - - -
11 Dal - - - -
12 @NO - - - -
13 Bal - - - -
14 @GB - - - -
15 Ari - - - -
16 @Car - - - -

Vance ROS

10 Car - - - -
11 @Jax - - - -
12 @Den - - - -
13 LAC - - - -
14 @Oak - - - -
15 NE - - - -
16 @NO - - - -

3 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Better emergency stash ... Vance or Hooper?

Sincerely,

Gronk and Reed owner

Hooper ROS

10 @Cle - - - -
11 Dal - - - -
12 @NO - - - -
13 Bal - - - -
14 @GB - - - -
15 Ari - - - -
16 @Car - - - -

Vance ROS

10 Car - - - -
11 @Jax - - - -
12 @Den - - - -
13 LAC - - - -
14 @Oak - - - -
15 NE - - - -
16 @NO - - - -

Gun to my head Hooper

hmmm

1. Vance McDonald, PIT (at Jacksonville) The Jaguars have allowed five touchdowns to tight ends in the last two games (vs PHI and IND). Both of those are strong tight end offenses, but that may be an area you'll want to exploit. Jacksonville also allowed 100 yards to Travis Kelce this season. McDonald has at least 3 receptions in each of the last four games, plus a score last week vs Carolina.

Saw 80% of the snaps on Sunday. Jesse James had only 25%. Very encouraging. Week 15 matchups vs Pats and Week 16 vs Patriots look juicy.

I was lucky to be able to snag McDonald off of waivers after I lost O.J. Howard.

• Like 1

Dropped Rudolph for him... and Burton is on the wire so he seems like the "best" of the scrub pile 

At least he gets targets and a lot of them in the red zone 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, midlip said:

Dropped Rudolph for him... and Burton is on the wire so he seems like the "best" of the scrub pile 

At least he gets targets and a lot of them in the red zone 

I've got Reed but the butt-fumbler scares me.  Thinking about rolling the dice on Vance in a good match up

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Thoughts on this week?  Nice match-up vs Oak and might be healthy again.

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

I've got Reed but the butt-fumbler scares me.  Thinking about rolling the dice on Vance in a good match up

I have dropped Reed in favor of McDonald. I want no part of Sanchez. The last time I relied on a Sanchez to TE combo it resulted in zero points for the TE. Yes, it was a long time ago, but I want no part of that again. lol.

Raiders have struggled against TE's all season and McDonald could easily sneak in an easy score.

• Like 1