JLoson0550

Punt Assists 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

Let me know any feedback. 16 team dynasty with salaries and contracts. $300 budgdet, 18 players per team. Auction draft. Winning bid is salary for 3 years.

Kawhi 71

AD 101

Markkanen 26

John Collins 31

Prince 27

Lamb 8

Bogdan Bogdanovic 4

Hood

Beverley

Burke

Gibson

pau Gasol

mikal Bridges

George hill

aled len

danny green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, orangefasb said:

Yahoo public 12 team snake, 9 cat H2H, 7th pick

Thoughts on improvement?

 

Snip20181016_1.png

 

Why did you draft Simmons and Wall on a punt AST team? :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, monkeysennin said:

12 team H2h snake draft 9CAT standard, 3rd pick (was torn between giannis and KAT but decided to go with KAT to try a punt AST build and cause im already doing a punt FT build in another league)

 

Lost out on Whiteside and other blockers so decided to punt BLK too. Bogdan isnt as strong in a punt AST build but wanted another younger player with upside and more PTs. WIll put him in IL so I have another spot to fill.

 

James Johnson, Warren, Hart (insurance for KCP) are on the wire. Should I go for any of them?

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 10.57.59 AM.jpg

 

I don't like this team. It has too many holes beside punt ast

 

Blk. are punted , even Reb. can be tricky aswell because of weak guards and SFs in that department.  Booker has to much TOs for punt Ast. ..not enough stl. and can be a FG% killer sometimes. FG% is another problem for this team in my opinion.

 

with the exception of Gary Harris picks 2-9 all feel 5-10 picks to soon.

 

at last pick i really don't like Len. He is a scrub. Early season outlook maybe ok but later in the year i would much rather have Bam Adebayo who has a ton of upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 cat H2H 10 team

Punt assist 

Going to try and trade to get Beverley for my PG but would any of you do this trade?

 

Trade my Booker for his Otto Porter and Isaac

 

PG - Clarkson

SG - Booker, Harris, Gordon, Bazemore

SF - Middleton, Barton, Warren, Osman, RHJ, Knox

PF - Davis, Markkanen 

C - Gobert, Howard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fantasyhero said:

 

I don't like this team. It has too many holes beside punt ast

 

Blk. are punted , even Reb. can be tricky aswell because of weak guards and SFs in that department.  Booker has to much TOs for punt Ast. ..not enough stl. and can be a FG% killer sometimes. FG% is another problem for this team in my opinion.

 

with the exception of Gary Harris picks 2-9 all feel 5-10 picks to soon.

 

at last pick i really don't like Len. He is a scrub. Early season outlook maybe ok but later in the year i would much rather have Bam Adebayo who has a ton of upside.

 

Thanks for the critique. From 2-9, I feel Jabari was the only early pick for me. I didn't have many other options for my build at the other rounds. I took Booker over Middleton for his scoring and upside. Other than Booker, none of my other players avg more than 2 TOs, so it should be okay. To make up for the loss of STLs in the first 3 rounds, I drafted Harris and Richardson in 4 and 5. FG% might be a problem.. so I'm trying to unload guys like KCP, Bev, and Ariza for some 3&D guys with better percentages. I actually like Len's outlook on the Hawks. He's still 25 and has a chance to solidify his role on the team before Dedmon comes back. His coach is confident in him and I don't see why the Hawks would prioritize starting Dedmon when they're focusing on player development and Len is also capable of shooting 3s. On the other hand, Adebayo's upside is capped by Whiteside and as long as Whiteside is healthy, Adebayo will not be rosterable in 12 teams or less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, monkeysennin said:

 

Thanks for the critique. From 2-9, I feel Jabari was the only early pick for me. I didn't have many other options for my build at the other rounds. I took Booker over Middleton for his scoring and upside. Other than Booker, none of my other players avg more than 2 TOs, so it should be okay. To make up for the loss of STLs in the first 3 rounds, I drafted Harris and Richardson in 4 and 5. FG% might be a problem.. so I'm trying to unload guys like KCP, Bev, and Ariza for some 3&D guys with better percentages. I actually like Len's outlook on the Hawks. He's still 25 and has a chance to solidify his role on the team before Dedmon comes back. His coach is confident in him and I don't see why the Hawks would prioritize starting Dedmon when they're focusing on player development and Len is also capable of shooting 3s. On the other hand, Adebayo's upside is capped by Whiteside and as long as Whiteside is healthy, Adebayo will not be rosterable in 12 teams or less.

 

If Len or Bam the last pick always feels like a dart throw so lets wait and see how it shakes out.

 

I would keep KCP, Bev and Ariza because there are not many guys that shoot 3s and get steals also.. thats a problem with punt assists to find 3pt shooters that get much more than just 3s.

 

I just think that punt Ast. and Blk. also is a bad fit. I fear your team will get major problems against punt FT Teams. Who are loaded with Rebound, Blocks, have Assists and a good FG%. in this case you have to win every other cat.

Edited by Fantasyhero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everyone knows, running a punt assists build does not mean that must avoid players who get assist like the plague. It just means you don’t focus on the AST category and instead focus on winning a majority of the other categories. There are players who do get assists, but are also beasts in the categories you are actively trying to win. For example, Steph Curry. You know, if you’re running a punt AST build and get lucky and actually win AST 2-3 times over he course of the season, it isn’t the worst thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my Punt Ast Draft; went into it thinking to punt FT% since Ive done that multiple years and had success, but when Steph and Lillard fell to turn (final pick). It is a deep bench highly competative 8 team league (this year we lost 2 members).

 

  • Steph Curry
  • Dam Lillard
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Khris Middleton
  • Otto Porter
  • Nikola Vucevic
  • Josh Richardson
  • Enes Kanter
  • Nikola Mirotic
  • Brook Lopez
  • Kyle Anderson
  • RHJ
  • LaVert
  • Gallinari
  • Sabonis
  • B. Portis
  • D. Collison
  • J. Lamb
  • M. Brogdon
  • N. Noel

 

I guess my question is is anyone actively hurting my build? Waiver is filled with possible pick ups, its a lot of players I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, superninja said:

Just finished my Punt Ast Draft; went into it thinking to punt FT% since Ive done that multiple years and had success, but when Steph and Lillard fell to turn (final pick). It is a deep bench highly competative 8 team league (this year we lost 2 members).

 

Sorry for your loss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, can anyone rate my punt assist team? this is my first fantasy basketball draft. thank you appreciate it

12 team h2h 9 cat

1.Kat

2.Kemba

3.Gobert

4. Ayton

5. Aaron gordon

6.Josh richardson

7.Markkanen

8.Tyreke evans

9.Thad young

10.derrick favors

11. buddy hield

12. Josh jackson

13. Jonathan simmons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Team - H2H - 9 Cat - Snake Draft – Punting Assist

 

1.    Kevin Durant

2.    Victor Oladipo

3.    Rudy Gobert

4.    Myles Turner

5.    Deandre Ayton

6.    Gary Harris

7.    Josh Richardson

8.    Taurean Prince

9.    Jonathan Isaac

10.    Nicolas Batum

11.    Malcom Bragdon

12.    Evan Fournier

13.    Willey Caulley-Stein - > dropping him for Larry Nance Jr

 

How do you think I did, and is there any place I can improve?

 

Notable Waiver FA:  KCP, Rozier, Bazmore, VanFleet, Bogdan Bogdanovic, ,Marcus Morris, Harry Giles,  P.Beverley, J. Lamb, T. Gibson, R. Hood

Edited by THERAPISTS_FOR_200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone this is my first year doing punt assists , PLEASE give me feedback on my draft, it is yahoo 12 team league h2h 9  cats!!!! How did I do?

 

1 curry

2 Gobert 

3 Porter

4 ayton

5 covington 

6 Mirotic 

7 brook lopez

8 Jon issac 

9 tre young (just traded him and Levert for JJJ)

10 Mario henzona 

11 pat bev

12 Levert 

13 Willy  Hernangomez 

 

Thank you for all feedback 

Edited by Brye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 14 team punt ast build. I'll most likely be dropping George Hill after today if he doesn't go off or something but also just seeing which Fa I should pick up

 

1.(13) Kawhi Leonard

2.(16) Joel Embiid

3.(41) Myles Turner

4.(44) Gary Harris

5.(69) D'Angelo Russell 

6.(72) Jonas Valanciunas

7.(97) Jusef Nurkic

8.(100)Tyreke Evans

9.(125) Caris LeVert

10.(128)Dirk Nowitzki- this was a autopick because time ran out while I was deciding to pick Gallo, Siakam or Poeltl. Dropped for Miles Bridges

11.(153)Jeremy Lamb

12.(156)Wesley Matthews

13.(181)George Hill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legendkiller123 said:

My team is currently: 

KAT/Middleton/Bledsoe/Turner/Covington/Adams/Ingram/Crabbe/RHJ/Fultz/LeVert/Osman

14 team punt assists. Who would you drop/trade for?

 

Perhaps trade Adams for a more FT efficient big... perhaps. Thinking e.g. Kanter.. or JVal. Could even pair Ingram in a trade package. Another one who may drag down the FT and you don't necessarily need his AST. That said, might wanna first see how he truly is this year. Also, even in a punt AST build you might want some AST if there are other punt AST builds, which you could top in that cat.

 

Just and idea / something to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted 6th in a 10 team 9cat ESPN league. Rankings in the draft server were all over the place. Kat and dipo dropped to me with my first two picks so had to go best available. Really wanted Mitchell in the second and he almost fell to me in the third. Got sniped one pick ahead of me so I went Middleton. Auto picked dragic in the 6th rd because I had no service. Right now I feel like Middleton and dragic fit my build the least while providing the most trade value outside of my top guys. 

1 kat

2 dipo

3 Middleton 

4 gobert

5 Lou will

6 dragic 

7 bledsoe

8 Wendell carter jr 

9 wcs

10 Sexton ( was in a panick after the dragic pick and lost all direction)

11 Josh Richardson 

12 Jordan bell

13 bogbog 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have way too many assists for a punt assists team. Trying to unload some guys for good value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

 

Perhaps trade Adams for a more FT efficient big... perhaps. Thinking e.g. Kanter.. or JVal. Could even pair Ingram in a trade package. Another one who may drag down the FT and you don't necessarily need his AST. That said, might wanna first see how he truly is this year. Also, even in a punt AST build you might want some AST if there are other punt AST builds, which you could top in that cat.

 

Just and idea / something to think about.

 

Thanks for the feedback man. Definitely also being cautious about my FT%. Watching Ingram earlier, might wait a few games since he's also contributing in other cats as well. 

 

Looking to drop either Fultz or Gallinari for Wendell Carter Jr. then trade Adams for a PG like Murray or someone else. What do you think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Afc34 said:

Drafted 6th in a 10 team 9cat ESPN league. Rankings in the draft server were all over the place. Kat and dipo dropped to me with my first two picks so had to go best available. Really wanted Mitchell in the second and he almost fell to me in the third. Got sniped one pick ahead of me so I went Middleton. Auto picked dragic in the 6th rd because I had no service. Right now I feel like Middleton and dragic fit my build the least while providing the most trade value outside of my top guys. 

1 kat

2 dipo

3 Middleton 

4 gobert

5 Lou will

6 dragic 

7 bledsoe

8 Wendell carter jr 

9 wcs

10 Sexton ( was in a panick after the dragic pick and lost all direction)

11 Josh Richardson 

12 Jordan bell

13 bogbog 

what league do you get J Rich in the 11th and Bledsoe in the 7th..stay away from public leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How’s everyone doing?

I’m #1 in my league and have been dominating. KAT, Ayton, Mirotic, Jrue, Beal, Pascal, Ibaka, & Vuc have been crushing it for me. Brog, Turner, Rubio & Fournier are rounding out my squad

4-0 in FG%, FT%, PTS, Rebounds, & Blocks

3-1 in steals

2-2 in assists

1-3 in 3’s, & TOs

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got, h2h, 10 cat (9+ double doubles)

 

Anthony davis

Paul george

Rudy gobert

Tobias harris

Aaron Gordon 

Robert Covington 

Josh richardson

Tim hardaway jr

Evan Fournier 

JJ redick

Brooke lopez

Malcolm Brogdon 

Spencer dinwiddie 

Shai gilgeous-alexander 

Noah vonleh 

Will barton (IL)

 

 

Ill probably drop vonleh and stream his spot for extra games until i find someone with potential. Im also hoping lavert will be available when barton is getting ready to come back 

 

 

 

My team has been pretty dominant. A lot of my players have been really streaky. Aaron gordon, josh richardson, evan Fournier, etc.  Ive been floating between really solid when my players are sucking to completely unbeatable when they are playing good.

Edited by Jimmy21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My team on Harden/Gobert/Capela/Roco/J rich/Prince/Murray/Harris/Dunn/Hield/Ingles/Schroeder/Redick/Danny green..Due to the slow start of harden i’m in 3rd place as of now.I’m thinking of adding Thad and dropping danny gren for him..Any siggestions,comments,opinions,trades,stashes i need to make to improve my team?Thanks im advance everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roster in my sig below.  I'm doing alright so far.  Currently 4th, top third of our league.  I'm glad to have finally made changes to my team since the draft.  I got players off my team that weren't really contributing much (Myles Turner's lack of rebounds) and one that didn't really fit my build all that well & hurting me in other categories (Trae with FG% & TO's). 

 

Biggest injury I had so far was Caris LeVert who helped this team a lot more than what I thought.  I picked him up off the wire after the draft.  Same with Siakam who's been amazing as my FG% anchor.  Having LeVert go down opened up a streaming spot for me (currently Wilson Chandler).  I've been using it mostly to stream 3's.

 

Stats wise, I've been number one in PTS and STLs.  I've been dominating steals the past 4 weeks but this week, I am losing big time so far.  I'm hoping it's just an anomaly.

 

As usual, I can always use suggestions for improvement and hoping some of my players turn it around (looking at you Donovan Mitchell).

Edited by gill2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most punt assist teams should be killing it as most/all the popular targets hit so far

AD KAT EMBID killing it 

dipo, pg, irving, middelton

Covington, j rich, lavine, mirotic, wiggins, buddy, t harris

 

then throw in all the punt ft bigs as well if you went punt ft and assist

sure I missed some of the top of my head

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

most punt assist teams should be killing it as most/all the popular targets hit so far

AD KAT EMBID killing it 

dipo, pg, irving, middelton

Covington, j rich, lavine, mirotic, wiggins, buddy, t harris

 

then throw in all the punt ft bigs as well if you went punt ft and assist

sure I missed some of the top of my head

I agree in part but KAT and AD aren’t exactly killing it regarding price and expectation.  I expected AD to be the #1 fantasy player and paid accordingly, while he’s been good and I’m by no means disappointed I’d just say he’s lived up to expectations.  

 

PG has been good but has required a punt FG/To build which is more or less the opposite of what you want to do with punt assists.  

 

Roco has killed it, Jrich, etc have killed it.  Agree there. 

 

But the biggest ROI I’ve had so far is Vuc.

 

In sum, most people know me as a punt assist guy and while it’s too early to tell I’m top three in most of leagues atm so yeah it’s a good year but I disagree with some of your individual players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.