JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

thats because its an overrated category lol,  theres a lot more ppl that can average 15-18 ppg then those who average over a block per game...

youre not seriously debating that blocks are harder to find. 

Blocks are always hard to find, but there is always guys like robinson on the wire, each year. Blocks specialists. Consistent scorers are hard to find always. there was an article on this, by rotoworld or razzball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already own blocks so I won't pick up Mitch Rob but defensive stats (steals/blocks) and fg% are definitely crucial in winning a roto league. Too many people look at players who drop 20+ppg consistently but have terrible efficiency and next to nothing supporting stats. In my build, I am punting 3's and FT's and points sort of, so big men are my bread and butter - check out my players as reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sebapargue said:

Blocks are always hard to find, but there is always guys like robinson on the wire, each year. Blocks specialists. Consistent scorers are hard to find always. there was an article on this, by rotoworld or razzball

I do agree with consistent scorers but many consistent scorers in the league have terrible efficiency and next to nothing supporting stats. But it is definitely nice to have a couple consistent scorers, no matter the build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HBARZ93 said:

I do agree with consistent scorers but many consistent scorers in the league have terrible efficiency and next to nothing supporting stats. But it is definitely nice to have a couple consistent scorers, no matter the build. 

It ebbs and flows. Looking at this year WW Blocks are at a higher premium I think. Here is the top 20:

  1. 1) Turner - 2.8
  2. 2) Davis - 2.6
  3. 3) Gobert - 2.2
  4. 4) Whiteside - 2.1
  5. 5) Lopez - 2.1
  6. 6) MitchRob - 2.0
  7. 7) McGee - 2.0
  8. 8) Embiid -  2.0
  9. 9) Capela - 1.8
  10. 10) Towns - 1.8
  11. 11) Drummond - 1.8
  12. 12) Nurkic - 1.5
  13. 13) Allen - 1.5
  14. 14) Horford - 1.5
  15. 15) Giannis - 1.4
  16. 16) Jaren Jackson 1.4
  17. 17) Harrell 1.4
  18. 18) Noel 1.4
  19. 19) Jerami Grant 1.4
  20. 20) Bamba 1.4

 

Only 3 of those Mitchell and Noel are gettable on the wire at this point in the season (discounting Bamba b/c he's out). Plus he's not a negative in most of the other areas which is why most of us are grabbing him for the playoff run. Also he's #6 in limited minutes!  Some other guys that might be available on the wire that just missed the top 20 criteria, but that are major +++ in BLKS are Favors (1.4), Issac (1.3), Kleber (1.2), Holmes (1.1) but even if they are (Isaac, Favors, and Kleber are rostered in my 10 teamer), Mitch Rob blows those guys away

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

It ebbs and flows. Looking at this year WW Blocks are at a higher premium I think. Here is the top 20:

  1. 1) Turner - 2.8
  2. 2) Davis - 2.6
  3. 3) Gobert - 2.2
  4. 4) Whiteside - 2.1
  5. 5) Lopez - 2.1
  6. 6) MitchRob - 2.0
  7. 7) McGee - 2.0
  8. 8) Embiid -  2.0
  9. 9) Capela - 1.8
  10. 10) Towns - 1.8
  11. 11) Drummond - 1.8
  12. 12) Nurkic - 1.5
  13. 13) Allen - 1.5
  14. 14) Horford - 1.5
  15. 15) Giannis - 1.4
  16. 16) Jaren Jackson 1.4
  17. 17) Harrell 1.4
  18. 18) Noel 1.4
  19. 19) Jerami Grant 1.4
  20. 20) Bamba 1.4

 

Only 3 of those Mitchell and Noel are gettable on the wire at this point in the season (discounting Bamba b/c he's out). Plus he's not a negative in most of the other areas which is why most of us are grabbing him for the playoff run. Also he's #6 in limited minutes!  Some other guys that might be available on the wire that just missed the top 20 criteria, but that are major +++ in BLKS are Favors (1.4), Issac (1.3), Kleber (1.2), Holmes (1.1) but even if they are (Isaac, Favors, and Kleber are rostered in my 10 teamer), Mitch Rob blows those guys away

 

 

 

I like this analysis and I am glad I have 5 of those players on my squad haha. I will keep an eye on Mitch - if he gets unleashed and DeAndre sits after ASB or gets limited run, I will pick him up potentially. I just don't think it makes sense for Mitch to get more minutes than DeAndre - all else being equal but since the Knicks are tanking and may potentially move DeAndre, they could keep him at 20 MPG, giving Mitch 20-25 MPG to get run at which point he looks attractive as a pickup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitch leads the league in blocks per 36 at 4.1.  The next closest is Turner at 3.5.  Can't wait to see what he can do with heavy minutes...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Mitch going beast mode! This dude is gonna win people blocks every week 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The upside is Camby esqe if Mitch ever develops a mid-range shot.

Edited by chud12
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess having Gasol, Cousins, DJ, McGee, Draymond, Mitch wont work during the playoff since i have no available streaming spot...Gasol or McGee are my main drop candidates now after this dude killin s---

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

The upside is Camby esqe if Mitch ever develops a mid-range shot.

I've been saying this also. Mitch is the second coming of Camby, IF he can maintain that consistency.

Camby had no shot either, btw. As a 22-year old rookie, Camby went 14.8/6.3 and had 2.1 blks. Unleashed the next year, he went for 3.7 blks. 

That is EXACTLY Mitch's potential. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I've been saying this also. Mitch is the second coming of Camby, IF he can maintain that consistency.

Camby had no shot either, btw. As a 22-year old rookie, Camby went 14.8/6.3 and had 2.1 blks. Unleashed the next year, he went for 3.7 blks. 

That is EXACTLY Mitch's potential. 

 

Yea, I said the Camby thing in summer league and Camby did have a 10 footer in his arsenal at Mass. He broke is out every so often and even in his rook season. But yea I agree with everything you just said. Right now Mitch is still so raw and is getting by with talent alone. Hate to say it but D. Jordan should do wonders for his learning curve the next few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Yea, I said the Camby thing in summer league and Camby did have a 10 footer in his arsenal at Mass. He broke is out every so often and even in his rook season. But yea I agree with everything you just said. Right now Mitch is still so raw and is getting by with talent alone. Hate to say it but D. Jordan should do wonders for his learning curve the next few months. 

Yes, I do remember the 10-footer. Funny, because Camby's game evolved so he got even closer to the rim. His scoring went down while his rebs and blks went up. Pure rim runner by the time he was in Denver, and massive shotblocker with multiple 3 blk seasons.

 

Also, the beanpole body type is a near perfect match. Knicks should bring Camby in to do 1-on-1 work with the kid. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simon said:

its looking more and more like Mitch Robinson > JJJ

Let's not go crazy now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up Mitch well over a month ago. The writing was on the wall for this guy. No way this guy should have been on the wire in the last two weeks in a competitive league 10 teamer and up. Way too much potential. And to answer some of the chatter above me.

i would easily trade portis to get Mitch. Portis averages less than .5 in stl and blks... Mitch also is reb better with an almost automatic FG%..unless you’re punting blocks, you want this guy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels good having rostered this guy when he was only 3% owned. I know a lot of us here were on the train early.

 

So nice to see that hes found a way to make an impact without getting in foul trouble.

 

Enjoying the ride. The steals are nice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

So nice to see that hes found a way to make an impact without getting fizzdaled.

2

 

Edited by chud12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Mitch does have a better ROS than Kanter? Seems like they’re both looking at similar minutes/roles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.