JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

Posted (edited)

I just feel like the smarter choice would by Gobert/Capela, but high risk high reward with Robinson. But I do very want to draft him early next season in roto. Thanks.

Edited by MysticPeak

robinson's been amazing but his greatest value to the knicks is his contract - he makes about 2 mill a year for the next 3 after this season. if they are smart they ll build a team where he can grow and heavily used. That way they can allocate funds to other positions, areas of need (assuming they KD and Kyrie or Kemba). The rockets knew what they had with cappella and they ditched howard as soon as they could so that they can give cappella the minutes. The knicks should do the same - and MitchRob may be an even better version of cappela.

However, this is the knicks and screwing up is in their dna. most likely they overpay for a center and give robinson 18-22 minutes a night. Hopefully im wrong but most likely not

Posted (edited)

I also think Robinson's making the most of the scenario the Knicks are in now. Not sure what their offseason will consist of but I could see them making him an afterthought next season and doing the opposite of what the Rockets did with Capela. For example if they get Zion I could see them going small with him at the 5 playing the most minutes if they get KD too. Keeping and playing Vonleh more, etc. I don't trust the Knicks to put faith in player development for guys like Robinson, Trier, Dotson, and even Knox. Even so, if he manages to find 20 minutes per game, he could be an even more improved version of what he is right now

Edited by squid-jesus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

He hasn't seen the floor and 1st quarter is almost over. WTF is going on? Can't deal with this BS in the playoffs

Edit: Comes in with 2:07 remaining and gets a block in 70 seconds 😅 I'm picking him up in every single team next year

Edited by justblazedawg

On 3/12/2019 at 7:29 AM, squid-jesus said:

I also think Robinson's making the most of the scenario the Knicks are in now. Not sure what their offseason will consist of but I could see them making him an afterthought next season and doing the opposite of what the Rockets did with Capela. For example if they get Zion I could see them going small with him at the 5 playing the most minutes if they get KD too. Keeping and playing Vonleh more, etc. I don't trust the Knicks to put faith in player development for guys like Robinson, Trier, Dotson, and even Knox. Even so, if he manages to find 20 minutes per game, he could be an even more improved version of what he is right now

That would be a solid and cap-friendly bench mob for the Knicks right there.

i'd be good if they're starting 5 next year would be smith-thompson-durant-zion-brolo

no way can smith jr and kyrie coexist in the same backcourt

19 minutes ago, fachowski said:

no way can smith jr and kyrie coexist in the same backcourt

No way they let Smith Jr. mess up a potential Kyrie deal.

If Kyrie indicates he'll sign with them, Smith Jr. is going bye bye for a 2nd rounder faster than you can say "Porzingis".

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, alexstr said:

No way they let Smith Jr. mess up a potential Kyrie deal.

If Kyrie indicates he'll sign with them, Smith Jr. is going bye bye for a 2nd rounder faster than you can say "Porzingis".

Knicks should stay away from Kyrie and his deteriorating knees.

That's a John Wall contract in the making

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fachowski said:

i'd be good if they're starting 5 next year would be smith-thompson-durant-zion-brolo

The chance of that coming to fruition is precisely 0.0% 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Can't wait to draft this guy in at least one of my leagues next year. Once DJ is cleared out he's gonna be a complete beast. Reminds me a lot of that breakout year Whiteside had where his block totals were off the charts. 

Edited by TheBoondocks

I’m ready to drop him for Marcus smart , he’s getting no minutes

Is he a must drop? Considering using this as a streamer spot

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I’m ready to drop him for Marcus smart , he’s getting no minutes

Is he a must drop? Considering using this as a streamer spot

I wouldn't but then again it depends on what you need since you talking about 2 different type players, if you're don't need the blocks then yea drop him. Don't forget he has 4 games next week 

Edited by malixx

5 minutes ago, malixx said:

I wouldn't but then again it depends on what you need since you talking about 2 different type players, if you're don't need the blocks then yea drop him. Don't forget he has 4 games next week 

I’m going to give him one more chance , hopping fizdale plays him more 

1 minute ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I’m going to give him one more chance , hopping fizdale plays him more 

Honestly i've had him since December but i've never held him for anything other than blocks. So if you're expecting 15pts 17rbs thats not gonna happen. Those high pts/rbs games were when Deandre was out and doesn't seem like the Knicks are gonna keep him on the bench.  He can win you the blks category and to me thats golden. I would say you're gonna get 6-8 points a game with maybe 7-10rbs but he'll get you 2-4 blocks a game 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, malixx said:

Honestly i've had him since December but i've never held him for anything other than blocks. So if you're expecting 15pts 17rbs thats not gonna happen. Those high pts/rbs games were when Deandre was out and doesn't seem like the Knicks are gonna keep him on the bench.  He can win you the blks category and to me thats golden. I would say you're gonna get 6-8 points a game with maybe 7-10rbs but he'll get you 2-4 blocks a game 

I think I’m going to use this spot as a full stream , Dennis is looking like a juicy option tmrw considering wb suspension. Still got smart cedi and Jones on the waiver wire. Got to use my pick up today so I have 4 next week

i think I’d rather take 6 games of these guys instead of 4 games of Mitch 

48 minutes ago, brosephd said:

doesnt he have 2 games next week

4 games next week. 2 games the week after

People still drafting him in second round next year? One even suggested at the turn in the first. 😂

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

People still drafting him in second round next year? One even suggested at the turn in the first. 😂

if he gets 30+ minutes and stop fouling then sure. He is Rudy Gobert 2.0