JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

if he gets 30+ minutes and stop fouling then sure. He is Rudy Gobert 2.0

True. However same could be said with Boban getting 30+ minutes though. IMO it's too small of a sample to gamble with this guy on such an early pick. I'd rather draft a proven player with a longer track record at the 1st turn or second round. We're also running out of time this year for him to prove he's capable of consistently even lasting 30 minutes without any foul trouble. If the season ended today and you go into next year drafting him that early that would be quite the gamble. 

Please just do something in the 2nd half mitch. at least stay in long enough to get 3 blocks or something smh

Some people are right, PHX f*ed us over. Their winning streak meant that it wouldn't hurt for NY to win some too thus more minutes for DJ.

20 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Some people are right, PHX f*ed us over. Their winning streak meant that it wouldn't hurt for NY to win some too thus more minutes for DJ.

they win when Mitch plays 30+ tho. I think this is just fizdale being his stupid self

7 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

they win when Mitch plays 30+ tho. I think this is just fizdale being his stupid self

In bold is never going to happen: 

1) the obvious Mitch can't play 30+ due to foul trouble

2) Fizdale

Combine those two, and you have DJ for Fiz to use as an excuse.

I thought I was going to get a goose egg from this guy then he goes for 3 blocks in 15 mins. He is always hunting for blocks without much concern for fouls. Hopefully his fouls will go down with more experience.

• Like 1

the question that matters is: do we drop now? minutes are so low and literally nothing except blocks last few games. 3 games left still though

Party over?

One concern I have is he is so dominant in blocks that he could lift a rival team immensely in that category--but he has become a zero in the other categories.

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

the question that matters is: do we drop now? minutes are so low and literally nothing except blocks last few games. 3 games left still though

It’s over my man :( I dropped Sunday for streaming options and I’m sure he’ll be left on the wire for u to stream again later this week if you’d want

hold but will be quick to drop to use his spot to stream since he only got 2 games next week. 

So...I think the question is...do they fire fizdale after this year?  They can't possibly think he's the right coach to lead this team going forward?  Championship?  

2 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

So...I think the question is...do they fire fizdale after this year?  They can't possibly think he's the right coach to lead this team going forward?  Championship?  

teams actually consider him to be a really good coach and I still don't know why. his resume is terrible.

20 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

People still drafting him in second round next year? One even suggested at the turn in the first. 😂

Lol I suggested it is possible.  Gobert, Whiteside, Ibaka...all elite shot blockers at one point, all drafted near the turn at the end of the first round at their peak.  You are obviously punting points in this scenario, and pairing him with Drummond or Simmons or whoever you think is the best pairing.  If you try to wait for the 3rd round he'll likely be gone.  It's a huge gamble but I could see a small portion of folks going for it.  10 points 10 boards 1 steal 3 blocks on 70% FG...in 9 cat he's already proven he can provide 1st round value so I don't think it's out of the question, it just depends on your strategy, league size, etc.  If you're in a 10 team league then definitely no.  If you're 14+ then maybe yes.  

Edited by hipriest69

19 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

True. However same could be said with Boban getting 30+ minutes though. IMO it's too small of a sample to gamble with this guy on such an early pick. I'd rather draft a proven player with a longer track record at the 1st turn or second round. We're also running out of time this year for him to prove he's capable of consistently even lasting 30 minutes without any foul trouble. If the season ended today and you go into next year drafting him that early that would be quite the gamble. 

Lol you are not comparing Mitch to Boban.  Really?  Athletically they are not even in the same planet.  Boban is just huge.  Mitch is a world class athlete with elite measurables.  At this point Mitch has already proven he can sustain a high block rate and production given minutes...hell he has the highest block rate of anyone since Mutombo (I think).  Not a fluke.  It all depends on the coach.  If Fiz is back then hell no you don't draft him before the 3rd round.  It's enticing but I would probably rather draft other players with my first two picks, and shoot for whoever MIGHT be left of Gobert/Capela/Turner/Mitch if I want to shore up blocks.  

And while we're on Mutombo, wasn't he drafted in the first round in fantasy (I don't know since I didn't play fantasy at that time period)?  Early second?  Mitch has better points, steals, less TO, and higher FG.   I believe Camby was another one drafted also in the first round at one point, and his FG was not even close to Mitch (most years was below 50%). 

Roto player here and I'm still holding onto him. I can't imagine someone else benefiting 3-6 blocks from him. Nope.

19 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Roto player here and I'm still holding onto him. I can't imagine someone else benefiting 3-6 blocks from him. Nope.

Another member of the defensive hold club, eh? Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1