JP_Grizzly

Mitchell Robinson 2018-19 Season Outlook

Tfw you had Mitch Rob this week, dropped him midweek, have maxed your adds now when looking to pick him off as a FA 

:):):) Everything is okay 

9 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

The hype train is going to hit mach 3 after tonight but I'm skeptical.  If Fizdale is going to commit to Vonleh and Robinson from this point onward then the Knicks frontcourt may as well be called The Inconsistent Couple.  They're almost guaranteed to be a roller coaster to own and I can't bring myself to trust a rookie C and Vonleh.  Having said that I think in standard leagues and deeper if you've got some deadwood Robinson is worth a 'why not' pick. 

As an aside it's extremely rare for a rookie big to average 7+ boards and 1+ block/game while averaging over 20min/game.  Less than 50 in the entire history of the NBA have done it.

I don’t think Vonleh is in the same category btw. Knox is injured. We will see what happens when he gets back. Could they play Knox at 3? It would be very messy. 

As an avid Knicks fan, I had to make the add. That said, hes going to be a roller coaster to own so I am not sure how long I will hold onto him. He does offer rare upside in blocks and fg%, something thats pretty scarce on my wire. I couldve went with Zeller but I feel like the Knicks will be focusing and purposefully featuring M.Rob where Cody is sort of in the background.

In competitive leagues, he will most likely be added soon. I feel like he will have a Jarett Allen-esque rookie year. He can blow up for 5 blocks one game, and then get you 6pts and 6rebs the next. I took him as a "lets see what happens" but I wouldnt cut a very valuable player for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crocp said:

Picked him up, but I think it’s early this year. Will try him for a week or so, but I watched the game and kid is too raw. For a redraft league, i doubt he will crack the 150. 

I agree kid is raw. But he soaks up rebounds on this chucking team. (Holla to guards throwing up more bricks!)

His offense should be limited to putback dunks and rolls to the basket. He has finished fairly well, evidenced by the reverse dunk. We don’t want anything else from the guy. 5-7 shots at high percentage and a block or steal works great for me. 

He he is not as good as Gobert or Whiteside. But good enough. 

Also, he hasn’t stunk at FT%. Gain without pain. 

And still has had upside as the guards start figuring out how to get him the ball. They are mostly pups on this team and still learning. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So this was my first year doing a dynasty league, and during the draft I picked Mitchell Robinson in the 10th round at the 112th Pick. The league is a 12-team dynasty league. Was this pick a reach? I don't believe so since Mitch could develop into a gamely-double double machine with blocks here and there, but then again, he was a second round pick below the

likes of Moe Wagner and Robert Williams. What do you all think? He's definitely a hold for me at this point and even if he

got hurt I will stick by him. I made a mistake of cutting him in a 14-team redraft league, so it would be an even bigger mistake cutting him in a dynasty league where you keep your roster long term... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Dropped Bagley for him...kinda torn about that

Yea i can see being torn but you dropped a bench upside for a starter who is being called a cornerstone of the franchise by his coach...its a testament to how good your squad is I guess!

1 minute ago, LW_00 said:

So this was my first year doing a dynasty league, and during the draft I picked Mitchell Robinson in the 10th round at the 112th Pick. The league is a 12-team dynasty league. Was this pick a reach? I don't believe so since Mitch could develop into a gamely-double double machine with blocks here and there, but then again, he was a second round pick below the

likes of Moe Wagner and Robert Williams. What do you all think? He's definitely a hold for me at this point and even if he

got hurt I will stick by him. I made a mistake of cutting him in a 14-team redraft league, so it would be an even bigger mistake cutting him in a dynasty league where you keep your roster long term... 

Knicks got a steal in the draft. MR will fit nicely next to the Unicorn. All he has to do is protect the rim. You did well. 

As I write this, I’m reminded of the Turk who was supposed to provide the same things for Anthony Davis, Omer Asik. Remember him? I’m pretty sure MR can be better than that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• I think some of you are underrating what he will probably do this season. We finally have a coach who is not going to wait until ASB to let the kids play. I'm thinking, that not only will he start, but he will probably get garbage time minutes also, kind of like the starters in Phoenix with Booker and Ayton.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Analyst said:
  • I think some of you are underrating what he will probably do this season. We finally have a coach who is not going to wait until ASB to let the kids play. I'm thinking, that not only will he start, but he will probably get garbage time minutes also, kind of like the starters in Phoenix with Booker and Ayton.

I approve this message.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Analyst said:

i totally agree. yes, it's possible that he gets garbage time if Fizdale is serious about the development of his youngs

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, molski said:

The whole game is garbage time 

Haaaahaahahaah

word, so true :D 

Interesting stat from the past three games....

Over the Knicks' last three games, they (the Knicks) are allowing 100.7 points per 100 possessions with Robinson on the court and 113.1 points while he is off the court. 

"Every game for him is like a huge jump where he can just absorb it, learn from it and take it into the next game," Fizdale said. "He's a student. He really gets into his film and the coaches. He listens to details on the court. He really focuses in on details, so a kid like that with that kind of natural ability and coordination, he's the kind of guy that can get fast-tracked."

Edited by GJDHouse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Smh.

Him and Kanter will fluctuate game by game. Meaning both will have limited value. 

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Smh.

Him and Kanter will fluctuate game by game. Meaning both will have limited value. 

Yup, unfortunately this will happen.

I mean going off what the coach said I feel like 2nd half of the season he will easily get 30+ mins

• Like 2

Still need to temper your expectations for MR.  He is going to have a lot of 5 pt 3 rb games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJDHouse said:

Interesting stat from the past three games....

Over the Knicks' last three games, they (the Knicks) are allowing 100.7 points per 100 possessions with Robinson on the court and 113.1 points while he is off the court. 

"Every game for him is like a huge jump where he can just absorb it, learn from it and take it into the next game," Fizdale said. "He's a student. He really gets into his film and the coaches. He listens to details on the court. He really focuses in on details, so a kid like that with that kind of natural ability and coordination, he's the kind of guy that can get fast-tracked."

This quote is extremely telling. He's being "fast-tracked" which means he is being fast tracked in fantasy too. Not your typical rookie it appears.

56 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Smh.

FALSE!

16 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Still need to temper your expectations for MR.  He is going to have a lot of 5 pt 3 rb games.

NEVAAAAA!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CFN said:

This quote is extremely telling. He's being "fast-tracked" which means he is being fast tracked in fantasy too. Not your typical rookie it appears.

DING DING DING DING DING!

YOU WIN!