Rotoworld.com Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

The 7th Beatles

I will say that this is a nightmare scenario for koetter. He will be criticized sharply whichever decision he makes, brutal spot to be in. I dont think coaches coach for 3 years from now, or this year. Coaches coach for their job. And management decides that. And you know who does think about the future? Management. And they want to see winston. For any hope to keep his job, koetter plays winston. He needs exactly one excuse from fitz, which he will get. I mean, almost benched him last week for Griffin

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

I will say that this is a nightmare scenario for koetter. He will be criticized sharply whichever decision he makes, brutal spot to be in. I dont think coaches coach for 3 years from now, or this year. Coaches coach for their job. And management decides that. And you know who does think about the future? Management. And they want to see winston. For any hope to keep his job, koetter plays winston. He needs exactly one excuse from fitz, which he will get. I mean, almost benched him last week for Griffin

What exactly more do they need to see from Winston? A 4th year of double digit int’s with a below 88qbr? Along with a mental meltdown and another sexual assault case? Fitzpatrick has the mental capacity to figure things out and improve, Winston does not in my opinion. And I own both, so this is not just fantasy opinion.

Love how those comments don’t mean much to the Fitz backers. Stop it. Can we at least agree to look at this objectively? Hate to say it, looks like Fitz is not the answer despite the “hot” start. Winston will have an opportunity to resume his role as franchise quarterback. The team drafted him as such. Whether he has lived up to the expectation is debatable. I personally don’t care. I just need fantasy production from him this year on the same level as Fitz.

10 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Love how those comments don’t mean much to the Fitz backers. Stop it. Can we at least agree to look at this objectively? Hate to say it, looks like Fitz is not the answer despite the “hot” start. Winston will have an opportunity to resume his role as franchise quarterback. The team drafted him as such. Whether he has lived up to the expectation is debatable. I personally don’t care. I just need fantasy production from him this year on the same level as Fitz.

OMFG many QB’s were drafted as franchise saviors and failed. Hell most did. You people act like he lost 3 straight. He lost a game where they had a game winning drive opportunity lmfao

Never bring reason into a Fitzpatrick thread!!!! 

Some of you really need to re-assess the situation from a franchise's perspective rather than through the rose-colored RayBans sported by your fantasy team.

Signed,

A Fitzpatrick Owner

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

History has taught us that Winston is more than likely getting a chance again. Also theres a new OC in town who has yet to try out Winston at the helm, it would be wise to grab Winston while you’re ahead.

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Remain calm. When end of the line comes into view, anger, delusion, and desperation usually fill the room. It was a good run. Why can’t we leave it at that?

Agree...we should leave this alone.

Winston was a fine QB...in college.

Just now, psygolf said:

Bears will be down 2 starting CBs...as a Bear fan, I expect to hear (with eyes shut) DJax racing down the sidelines once or twice.

Hopefully, Mack won’t draw the roughing the passer penalty on those plays as Fitz is running for his life, throwing a pick, or being sacked like a school lunch.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hopefully, Mack won’t draw the roughing the passer penalty on those plays as Fitz is running for his life, throwing a pick, or being sacked like a school lunch.

Not worried about that, Mack is smarter than Mathews

On 9/29/2018 at 2:30 AM, pdog109 said:

Why are you so sure they are going to pull him mid game if he turns the ball over?

What happens when Winston throws some picks and fumbles? Are they going to bench him and bring in the third stringer?

Fitzpatrick has a LONG leash. This is absurd. Does not throwing for 1200 yards 12 TD/4 INT earn him a long leash or does he deserve to benched immediately after throwing an INT? Winston is W EATING WINSTON, he is not Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Mahomes, etc. the second coming is not coming back to QB its WINSTON. I don't understand this at all.

Here is your LONG leash below.  Hopefully you've come to your senses now and have taken off your Fitz-magic kool-aid glasses that have warped your common sense.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter was "one or two plays away" from benching Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 3.

Koetter strongly considered benching Fitzpatrick for Ryan Griffin (seriously) after his third interception in last week's Monday night loss to Pittsburgh. Fitzpatrick recovered after that and eventually wound up throwing for over 400 yards, but it's clear that he'll be entering Week 4 on an extremely short leash. With Fitzpatrick at risk of an in-game benching, don't be surprised if the recently-activated Jameis Winston sees action Sunday at Soldier Field.
Source: NFL.com
Sep 30 - 8:33 AM

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Here is your LONG leash below.  Hopefully you've come to your senses now and have taken off your Fitz-magic kool-aid glasses that have warped your common sense.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter was "one or two plays away" from benching Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 3.

Koetter strongly considered benching Fitzpatrick for Ryan Griffin (seriously) after his third interception in last week's Monday night loss to Pittsburgh. Fitzpatrick recovered after that and eventually wound up throwing for over 400 yards, but it's clear that he'll be entering Week 4 on an extremely short leash. With Fitzpatrick at risk of an in-game benching, don't be surprised if the recently-activated Jameis Winston sees action Sunday at Soldier Field.

Rapo is a hack.

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

So his leash is only mildly long?

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

This is hog wash!

There is no quote from Koetter. This is propaganda.

Fitz is still the hot hand!

Only a Winston fan would say those 3 interceptions were all Fitz fault! I only seen one interception that you could totally point the finger at. Fitz for!!!

What happens when Fitz comes out and throws for 300-400 yards and 3 tds today???

Cat get your tounge?

Just now, joed2323 said:

This is hog wash!

There is no quote from Koetter. This is propaganda.

Fitz is still the hot hand!

Only a Winston fan would say those 3 interceptions were all Fitz fault! I only seen one interception that you could totally point the finger at. Fitz for!!!

What happens when Fitz comes out and throws for 300-400 yards and 3 tds today???

Cat get your tounge?

And he could just as easily get benched if he stinks up the joint. 

Or is that not a possibility?

Good luck to each owner who assume the risk each game he starts. 

May the FF gods have mercy on your soul.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, ThunderDan said:

Fitz is 35, going on 36, definitely not a franchise qb. Winston MIGHT be a franchise qb. Despite how well fitz has played, the bucs ain't winning it all this year. Therefore, priority 1 for them has to be to find out if winston is a franchise qb or not. Unless fitz torches the bears this week, I'm fully expecting winston in week 6. Even an ok game from fitz, and its winston week 6. Fitz has been fun while it lasted, but the end is nigh

I agree his job isn’t safe and honestly fitz has done this before. Gets hot but can never win or sustain for extended periods. But to even mention taking him out mid game after back to back player of the week awards for a qb that couldn’t practice tell last week is a joke.  I also expect Winston to be starting week 6 after fitz struggles this week 

Fitz has the shelf life of a fruit fly. Anybody that thinks he’s the answer or has any future there just doesn’t know football. Let’s face it, he’d already be on the bench if Winston had been available last week.

8 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I agree his job isn’t safe and honestly fitz has done this before. Gets hot but can never win or sustain for extended periods. But to even mention taking him out mid game after back to back player of the week awards for a qb that couldn’t practice tell last week is a joke.  I also expect Winston to be starting week 6 after fitz struggles this week 

This is what I think happens. Plus why throw Winston into that fire with minimal practice?

Archived