Rotoworld.com Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

The 7th Beatles

34 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Do you still want to risk it?  Or are you wearing the Fitz-magic Kool-Aid glasses as well? 

No...but I've come to understand that the Bears offense cannot score more that 1-2 tds a game.   

I also understand that will not take Fitz more than 1 sec to throw the ball 30 yards down the field and DJax an additional 2 seconds to catch it.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

No...but I've come to understand that the Bears offense cannot score more that 1-2 tds a game.   

I also understand that will not take Fitz more than 1 sec to throw the ball 30 yards down the field and DJax an additional 2 seconds to catch it.

You also understand the Bucs D absolutely sucks.

And Bears are only going to need Mack to pressure Fitz because their O-line sucks.

Everyone else will be in pass coverage because again....they have NO RUNNING GAME TO RESPECT.  :P

Seriously the Bears pass rush is world class.  They never have to blitz to apply pressure to get to the non-running statue bearded figure one.  

Just now, theSPANKER said:

And Bears are only going to need Mack to pressure Fitz because their O-line sucks.

Everyone else will be in pass coverage because again....they have NO RUNNING GAME TO RESPECT.  :P

Seriously the Bears pass rush is world class.  They never have to blitz to apply pressure to get to the non-running statue bearded figure one.  

True Bear fans would call this a "sucker game"

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Trash Fitz all you like, but my Bucs Oline is fantastic. What the hell are you talking about?

Just now, psygolf said:

True Bear fans would call this a "sucker game"

True Bears fans are waiting for that pass rush to devour the magic today.

They nearly killed Rodgers...the Steelers were all over him last week first half of the game and the Steelers are no Bears.

And Yes Fitz could bounce back after half time adjustments maybe but with Winston now there, the only adjustment could be Fitz on the bench.

:rolleyes:

Do you think Fitz’s success exists in a vacuum? I watched both the Saints and Eagles games in entirety. Nobody literally ever touched Fitzpatrick that I can remember.

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I just have that feeling the Bears are going to eat all day today, the ou is kinda high for today insinuating that the bucs will score points. They mat very well score points, but they are so one dimensional. 0 zero running game.

2 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Do you think Fitz’s success exists in a vacuum? I watched both the Saints and Eagles games in entirety. Nobody literally ever touched Fitzpatrick that I can remember.

The saints cant pressure anyone, dont kid yourself. Im a saints fan btw. 

2 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

He will be touched today.  

6 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

The Eagles, the World Champs, with possibly the best Dline in football can’t too?

Too many factors, eagles had no threat on offense. And no Wentz at that. Ertz? Agholor? They were decimated on offense. Constant 3 and outs

Is anyone starting Fitz today?

I was all for starting him but all the haters are determined he is going to fail today and get pulled mid game.

If Fitz plays well and wins. What happens after the bye?

Do all you guys that keep saying he sucks and will be pulled, if Fitz start after the bye, do you guys still feel like he is never start able again this year due to the "possibility" of Fitz having a bad game?

News flash quarterbacks have bad games. I don't care what Fitz did in previous years.

3 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

I was all for starting him but all the haters are determined he is going to fail today and get pulled mid game.

Do all you guys that keep saying he sucks and will be pulled, if Fitz start after the bye, do you guys still feel like he is never start able again this year due to the "possibility" of Fitz having a bad game?

News flash quarterbacks have bad games. I don't care what Fitz did in previous years.

Seeing as having a single bad game almost got him shafted for Ryan Griffin... And that they play the bears and then a bye week... I think it's safe to drop him right now IMO

5 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Starting him over Luck.

12 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Yes QBs do have bad games.  The difference here is he has a starter sitting behind him and the coach can bench him at anytime if he doesn't stay hot.  

16 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Too many factors, eagles had no threat on offense. And no Wentz at that. Ertz? Agholor? They were decimated on offense. Constant 3 and outs

19 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I wonder if the Eagles D line used that as an excuse after the game lmfao

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Here is your LONG leash below.  Hopefully you've come to your senses now and have taken off your Fitz-magic kool-aid glasses that have warped your common sense.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter was "one or two plays away" from benching Ryan Fitzpatrick in Week 3.

Koetter strongly considered benching Fitzpatrick for Ryan Griffin (seriously) after his third interception in last week's Monday night loss to Pittsburgh. Fitzpatrick recovered after that and eventually wound up throwing for over 400 yards, but it's clear that he'll be entering Week 4 on an extremely short leash. With Fitzpatrick at risk of an in-game benching, don't be surprised if the recently-activated Jameis Winston sees action Sunday at Soldier Field.
Source: NFL.com
Sep 30 - 8:33 AM

Here come the I told you so warriors yet again. Why are yall so hostile.

It's very obvious that Dirk Koetter is a total moron, Ryan Griffin ok bro lol.

What happens when Winston throws INTs and fumbles? Will he bench Winston for Fitzpatrick?

This is pretty dumb, yall act like Fitz has thrown 5 INTs every game and 0 TDs.

3 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

What happens when Winston throws INTs and fumbles? Will he bench Winston for Fitzpatrick?

Its exactly why we think Winston will be the starter.

It would be helpful to know what the word around town in TB was after the last game.

Was it "He's melted down and it's his fault we lost"

or

"He started to melt down, but LOOK! He's still awesome and almost pulled it out of the fire."

This I ask to understand what kind of pressure is already on Koetter to make the switch to Jameis.

It's hard to figure out unless you're tuning into the vibe in Tampa itself.

I really was going to start him over Aaron Rodgers again until all this "he might still get yanked" talk started. Now? No way in hell.

But something tells me Koetter keeps him in there at least until we see INT #3 today. And something tells me that he may throw 1 or 2, but otherwise look strong and continue to ball out. The rapport he has with Evans and Howard and Jackson reminds me of how comfortable and effective he was some years ago with Marshall and Decker.

When things roll right for the guy, those big meltdowns we keep talking about are not like they are when the wheels for the whole team come off. When that happens? Oh yeah, burn him in effigy.

But I really do think the chemistry with these receivers, the protection he's getting, and the vibe from the fans are all in his favor, and is not a mirage.

And did anyone watch Hard Knocks? Jameis and Fitz had a great rapport. And say what you will about Jameis, he really wants to win and has true leadership qualities. I think even he would rather see the team stay on its offensive roll right now than change horses mid stream(ie. in the middle of a game.)

So...unless we see INT #4, I bet Fitz goes to the end of the game, has 300+ yards and at least 3TDs today.

BUT! Truly. Does anyone know which way the wind is blowing in Tampa on the situation? Where did this "short leash" talk originate?

No matter what you think of Fitz future, Koetter has lost his mind. Dude leads every single positive QB stat category except TD’s (2nd lol), and you are going to pull him for 1 strange half for a rookie QB on MNF!?!? What does that tell the rest of the players? You have to be perfect to keep your job?

22 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

IKR

He is #1 in fantasy points

Archived