Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

Just now, kball09 said:

Jusssssst making sure :)

They don't make the move to go to Winston unless that is the plan ROS. This isn't college football. They aren't going to play musical chairs at QB. Fitz imploding like that gives the Bucs the excuse to go back to their franchise QB.

Jameis will have the bye week to fine tune himself with the toughest part of the schedule behind him. I would like to thank Fitz for the glimpse into what this offense can be. Hoping Jameis continues the 400 yard production!!!! Free QB1 because everyone else was blinded by the rose colored glasses!

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The denial is strong with that one.

guys were really in here talking about fritz being the #1 fantasy qb so he is safe. completely ignoring his short leash and the fact that he isnt the future while being 57 yrs old

3 minutes ago, affliction said:

guys were really in here talking about fritz being the #1 fantasy qb so he is safe. completely ignoring his short leash and the fact that he isnt the future while being 57 yrs old

Wait, I thought his leash was llloooonnnngggggg? ANd he was smart enough to figure it out and lead this team to a title. He is educated!

23 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Wait, I thought his leash was llloooonnnngggggg? ANd he was smart enough to figure it out and lead this team to a title. He is educated!

Fitz does this wherever he goes. 
He did in Buffalo and got a big contract from them and then he imploded. 

He did in NY with the Jets. Gave them one good year, the team went all in with him and some aging WRs and things imploded the next year. 

He did it for 2 games in TB. But a journeyman like him is always 1 bad game away from losing his job, especially when the team has a guy like Winston behind him. (And I don't even like WInston as a real life NFL QB but they've invest a #1 pick in him and will give him more chances). 

I guess its Fitz's fault they were blown out.

And Winston was HOF QB when he came in the game, not like Winston didn't throw an INT...

7 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

And Winston was HOF QB when he came in the game, not like Winston didn't throw an INT...

Let me break this down for you. This was never about Fitz. It was about an "excuse" needed to bring the starting QB back after Fitz having a couple good games. Now that Fitz has shown us once again that he was a back up for a reason, things go back to normal. How you feel about Winston means nothing. IT is his team. Not Fitz's. Fitz is a back up this year man. Time to face it. Save yourself the roster space and agony. Fitz is who we THOUGHT he was. Just thank him for three good games, a couple laughs, and some funny clips. Now, he can go back to holding clipboards. 

curious as to why the fitz on short leash news story didn't break until today

could have dropped him and picked someone else up.

Bucs will lose every game ROS.

18 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Quit being passive aggressive. You have been around fantasy long enough to know Fitz wasn't going to last. He certainly didn't have much "sell high" value for the same reason though.

45 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

curious as to why the fitz on short leash news story didn't break until today

could have dropped him and picked someone else up.

Bucs will lose every game ROS.

Sure they will.?

Ya, Fitz didn’t deliver big. But it’s kind of hard when your coach throws you under the bus a day before the game. They can have their Winston back and go 5-11 again. Well done.

Just now, MrPositive said:

Ya, Fitz didn’t deliver big. But it’s kind of hard when your coach throws you under the bus a day before the game. They can have their Winston back and go 5-11 again. Well done.

Then they know what they do (don't have in WInston) for next season and maybe cry a little in the closet because they hurt a few fantasy rosters in the process. 

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

Dont be naive and think they’d be better this year staying with Fitz. He’s a 0 trying to be a 1.

2 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Dont be naive and think they’d be better this year staying with Fitz. He’s a 0 trying to be a 1.

He got beat by the best defense in football on the road. And it’s kind of hard to keep the game close when your D gives up 5 straight touchdowns to start the game lol Regardless, this team just became unwatchable. Whatevs

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

He got beat by the best defense in football on the road. And it’s kind of hard to keep the game close when your D gives up 5 straight touchdowns to start the game lol Regardless, this team just became unwatchable. Whatevs

Yup, what we’ve been trying to tell you guys. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they put Fitz back in. Winston isn’t any better.

Just now, CABLE87 said:

Yup, what we’ve been trying to tell you guys. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they put Fitz back in. Winston isn’t any better.

Winston is a lot better. Winston has his own consistency issues though. They won't go back to Fitz. Winston is set for 5th year option next season. They need to know if they are going to spend the big bucks on him or not.

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

Winston is a lot better. Winston has his own consistency issues though. They won't go back to Fitz. Winston is set for 5th year option next season. They need to know if they are going to spend the big bucks on him or not.

The answer is no, he’s terrible, and I own him saying that lol Shrug

Just now, MrPositive said:

The answer is no, he’s terrible, and I own him saying that lol Shrug

I don't own him or Fitz. Winston is a far better talent. And is on a contract year essentially. Bucs need to see if they should invest in him long-term. Everyone know what Fitz is.

31 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Fitz will still win people FF championships in this year.

How, barring a Winston injury he’s thrown his last pass.

26 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't own him or Fitz. Winston is a far better talent. And is on a contract year essentially. Bucs need to see if they should invest in him long-term. Everyone know what Fitz is.

I respectfully disagree, but it’s the modern Bucs. They’ll suck for a long time.

39 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

?