Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

37 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Fitz will still win people FF championships in this year.

Really?!? I didn't realize that he had a weekly radio spot in Tampa or his very own podcast where he delivers quality start sit options for fantasy owners

I tried my very best to save Fitz owners from themselves. 

But the Fitz-magic kool-aid hype goggles they wore was too strong for me to break the hypnotic hold spell they were under.

Yeah and as I said before.  Bucs D sucks and Bucks run game sucks.

They had no chance against Bears D and made Trubisky looked like a mega star in the making! 

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

How, barring a Winston injury he’s thrown his last pass.

I'm positive that Winston will do something negative.

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

I tried my very best to save Fitz owners from themselves. 

But the Fitz-magic kool-aid hype goggles they wore was too strong for me to break the hypnotic hold spell they were under.

Yeah and as I said before.  Bucs D sucks and Bucks run game sucks.

But can you make a call that someone will perform well...?

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'm positive that Winston will do something negative.

Winston has an significantly longer leash than Fitz had. One is a 24 year old potential franchise QB for the next 10 years the other is a noodle arm, journeyman. Again, I personally don't like Winston, but he is young and significantly more talented. 

Fitz didn't even play that poorly in the first half and he was benched. That is all you need to know. 

All those guys that thought Fitz was some season long fantasy goldmine just doesn't get how the NFL works. 

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Winston has an significantly longer leash than Fitz had. One is a 24 year old potential franchise QB for the next 10 years the other is a noodle arm, journeyman. Again, I personally don't like Winston, but he is young and significantly more talented. 

Fitz didn't even play that poorly in the first half and he was benched. That is all you need to know. 

All those guys that thought Fitz was some season long fantasy goldmine just doesn't get how the NFL works. 

He'll be back when needed.

Wow. Almost 3 full pages of "I told you so", including a couple "i'm not going to "I told you so" but I told you so" posts. This is the thoughtful fantasy football analysis I look for when I come to the rotoworld forums. 

38 minutes ago, psygolf said:

But can you make a call that someone will perform well...?

I can make the simple call when odds are not favorable my friend.

Fitz owners were fighting headwinds upstream.  It was just a matter of when...and I knew it was likely this game.  

25 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Wow. Almost 3 full pages of "I told you so", including a couple "i'm not going to "I told you so" but I told you so" posts. This is the thoughtful fantasy football analysis I look for when I come to the rotoworld forums. 

I think even the most fervent Fitzheads knew it was going to end at some point. People just like to beat their chests on here when they get something right.

It was a decent ride and he probably won us a game or two. Just enjoy it and be thankful. 

2 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I respectfully disagree, but it’s the modern Bucs. They’ll suck for a long time.

They are definitely a poorly managed organization. I lived in Tampa for the last 10 years or so. The Glazers (sp?) are terrible owners. Fitz was nothing more than a flash in the pan. He always bombs in critical games in his career. And I would consider the last two games as critical to him keeping the QB job in Tampa this season and he effectively bombed.

I always liked Winston's talent, but he has his own turnover issues. But he also has hero mode in 4th quarters. Problem is he puts himself and his team in those situations. Long-term the Bucs need to see if Winston can be a good QB with the talent they put around him. Last season was a lost year.

I have no idea why anyone thought he could keep this up.  We have a large sample size on Fitzpatrick and this is what he does.

I had Fitz in a large league and dropped him this week, and picked up Mayfield.  I didn't want the TB QB musical chairs headache, or using two roster spots for tb QBs.  The best part is my opponent picked up Fitz to play against me, and dropped Trubisky  Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

3 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I had Fitz in a large league and dropped him this week, and picked up Mayfield.  I didn't want the TB QB musical chairs headache, or using two roster spots for tb QBs.  The best part is my opponent picked up Fitz to play against me, and dropped Trubisky  Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Wow!

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

I can make the simple call when odds are not favorable my friend.

I will not argue with that ^...golf clap.

3 hours ago, yossarian said:

That is part of the fun of this forum, isn't it? We make calls and have to live with the consequences of said calls, good or bad. 

Honestly, for some it was just mind-blowing that people would think Fitz had a strange hold on this job. It was always for as long as he was playing great. Having seen Fitz play for years it was hard to fathom that he suddenly figured out how to be great. 

10 hours ago, meekzy said:

Fitz does everything better than Winston 

?

I don’t see what Jameis possibly could bring that Fitz hasn’t brought through the first four games. 

Its not as if Jameis is Brady or Rodgers. 

4 hours ago, petekrum said:

?

Roll your eyes all you want you know it's true.

4 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I don’t see what Jameis possibly could bring that Fitz hasn’t brought through the first four games. 

Its not as if Jameis is Brady or Rodgers. 

It. Doesn't. Matter.

No one is saying Jameis is going to go out there and replicate Fitz's Weeks 1-3. This is and has always been about what the Bucs were likely to do given that Fitz is a 36-year-old journeyman and Winston is still potentially the future of the entire franchise. Unless you somehow truly believed that Fitzpatrick was going to find some Rich Gannon-esque late-career MVP surge, it was always likely that Jameis would get the keys back. And in fantasy, that's enough to make him at least a borderline QB1.

1 hour ago, BronXBombers51 said:

It. Doesn't. Matter.

No one is saying Jameis is going to go out there and replicate Fitz's Weeks 1-3. This is and has always been about what the Bucs were likely to do given that Fitz is a 36-year-old journeyman and Winston is still potentially the future of the entire franchise. Unless you somehow truly believed that Fitzpatrick was going to find some Rich Gannon-esque late-career MVP surge, it was always likely that Jameis would get the keys back. And in fantasy, that's enough to make him at least a borderline QB1.

I'm surprised they made the change before the bye week but it makes sense to get Winston out there and get some playing time.

I don't expect consistent Brady like numbers from Jameis but during the games he played last season, he was the #1 QB in passing yards.  I forget the actual stat but it's been widely mentioned in FF articles/podcasts.

And this will be the best collection of targets that Winston has had.    I expect him to have a nice ROS.

And Winston officially the starter for Week 6 in ATL, might want to pick him up. Idk if ATL can stop Winston, but evert other week, fire up the opposing defense.

I’m not sayinh Fitz benching was right or wrong, but the are wild times we are in. The #1 QB through 3 games sent to the bench at half time of game 4. 

9 minutes ago, ralphg13 said:

I’m not sayinh Fitz benching was right or wrong, but the are wild times we are in. The #1 QB through 3 games sent to the bench at half time of game 4. 

It's no longer about what you produce on the field, it's about what you could possibly do 4 years from now. lol Winston did the same mistake of throwing right into a defensive lineman coming right at him that Fitz did, and nobody seems to care. The funny part is Fitzpatrick wasn't even bad in that 1st half. He got them to the red zone, and had that tipped interception. I guess he was supposed to match the Bears scoring on 4 straight series to start the game. lol Weird times.