Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

MNF is going to be on fleek

Steelers @ Bucs

THis is crazy:

I genuinely don't know which is the better fantasy quarterback for that game, Big Ben or Puff the Fitzmagic Dragon

What a time to be alive

I think Jameis is a bust, not much better than Mariota. So unless Fitz does implode, as you say,  a couple of games, I think he’ll ride the pine. And I own both on my team, so that’s not Fantasy leaning speaking on my behalf.

4 minutes ago, beaze said:
1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

I think Jameis is a bust, not much better than Mariota. So unless Fitz does implode, as you say,  a couple of games, I think he’ll ride the pine. And I own both on my team, so that’s not Fantasy leaning speaking on my behalf.

Please define bust. 

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Another great arm with a two cent brain. That meltdown last year was ridiculous. Those receivers are not gonna want to see him come back and target Evans 22 times again. Well maybe Evans would, but he might actually enjoy winning even more. Maybe this will make him snap out of his weirdness, but I doubt it. 

Look, I have the oppotunity to claim both guys (not for long). But I am thinking long term here. Damn near every article I have read says the same thing The team will ride Fitzpatrick until he remembers who he is and implodes. Why blow your FA wad on regular season games? You know the offense is amazing. You saw the preseason numbers Jameis put up. 

Week 1: 11/13 102 yards (26 points on offense for the team)

week 2: 13/18 226 yards, 2 TDS (30 points offense for the team)

week 3: 6/10 60 yards, 1 TD (30 points of offense for team)

week 4: did not play

Preseason totals: 30/41 388 yards/3 TDs (team generated 86 points in that three game span)

I'm not a Winston supporter at all. I'm just trying to avoid a James Conner / Leveon Bell situation. The offense is producing. Given the small amount of information we have, it comes down to just making the most educated guess. And my guess is they will go with the franchise QB when its all said and done. ANd the stretch of teams they face should make for plenty of eating. If the Coach feels strongly one way or the other, why keep it in the air? Why not state, Fitz is our guy this season? 

Not sure why I was quoted Gooroo. We've seen a story similar to this before.  Another QB who had questionable character issues and didn't really have the 'team'.  That QB eventually came back but Fitz won the team over and another year on contract. If he makes DJax relevant (which he has) he may get a WR to fully back him like Brandon Marshall did at the Jets. Situation could play out one way or the other but Tampa Bay has the offensive weapons to help him succeed (Evans, Godwin, Howard, Brate, DJAX)

Why not get your points now while he's hot? He's got at least 2 other starts barring injury and even then it is his job to lose. If you didn't grab your QB early or hit the Mahomes jack pot why not?

fitz.jpg

This dude have 2 pages. He is the co-MVP with Pat Mahomes the first 2 weeks of the NFL. No respect for Connor Mac at all.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, Evincar said:

He's a good example of why you dont burn an early pick on a QB. 

Tie your fantasy season to him.

8 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Look, I have the oppotunity to claim both guys (not for long). But I am thinking long term here. Damn near every article I have read says the same thing The team will ride Fitzpatrick until he remembers who he is and implodes. Why blow your FA wad on regular season games? You know the offense is amazing. You saw the preseason numbers Jameis put up. 

Week 1: 11/13 102 yards (26 points on offense for the team)

week 2: 13/18 226 yards, 2 TDS (30 points offense for the team)

week 3: 6/10 60 yards, 1 TD (30 points of offense for team)

week 4: did not play

Preseason totals: 30/41 388 yards/3 TDs (team generated 86 points in that three game span)

I'm not a Winston supporter at all. I'm just trying to avoid a James Conner / Leveon Bell situation. The offense is producing. Given the small amount of information we have, it comes down to just making the most educated guess. And my guess is they will go with the franchise QB when its all said and done. ANd the stretch of teams they face should make for plenty of eating. If the Coach feels strongly one way or the other, why keep it in the air? Why not state, Fitz is our guy this season? 

Please don't use preseason stats to make your case why a player who is currently the hottest QB is potentially going to lose his job.  Preseason stats for Winston while gaudy are somewhat fake because guess what he was the BACKUP QB! During the pre-season, Jameis played with the 2s so of course he is going to light up the second unit of teams, he's generally a starting QB that plays versus 1s.  If he didnt light up backups in the pre-season he likely would have been cut.

This is Fitzmagic's team right now and it will stay his team as long he continues to play at a high level.  He's not going to get benched just because he doesnt reach 400 and 4 each game but if he continues utilizing ALL the weapons on this offense keeping Tampa in games versus top NFL competition there's no possible way Jameis starts again this year, the entire team, city and fan base would revolt.  

Here's an interesting tidbit I heard on the radio - Jameis wasn't painted on the teams yearly mural they put on the stadium this year...

7 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Here's an interesting tidbit I heard on the radio - Jameis wasn't painted on the teams yearly mural they put on the stadium this year...

Yep there were rumors in the offseason the Bucs were looking to move on from him, in part because of his BS, in part because of the money

That's why I felt comfortable enough after week 1 that Fitz would stay the guy and remain the guy, so i grabbed him. Did not expect, however, another 4 td game. That's ridiculous.

I tried to find the RW blurb where they talked about the money and the BS and all that equating to rumors of moving on from Winston, but I  couldn't. It was from earlier in the summer.

However here is an interesting blurb from Dec 2017, and keep in mind they kept the coach. Seems like it might be tough to keep both long-term.

9376.jpg

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jameis Winston's relationship with Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter is "not in a good place."

Per Rapsheet, Winston didn't feel the organization fully supported him throughout his shoulder injury and has also grown frustrated with the team's play-calling, feeling the offense has become too predictable. Coming off a franchise record 28 touchdown passes in 2016, Winston has taken a noticeable step back this year, averaging a career-low 243.3 passing yards per game while watching Tampa Bay fall out of the NFC playoff hunt. Koetter could be out of a job soon if the Bucs' struggles continue over the final month.
Sun, Dec 10, 2017 09:55:00 AM

14 hours ago, ginocan said:

This dude have 2 pages. He is the co-MVP with Pat Mahomes the first 2 weeks of the NFL. No respect for Connor Mac at all.

Maybe because we have all seen this story before. The magic eventually wears off. Could be next week or could be week 17 on the brink of clinching a playoff spot (Jets a couple years ago).

He's currently on pace for 6500 passing yards, 64 TDs, 240 rushing yards, and 8 rushing TDs. Usually I'd say that pace isn't something he could maintain but after seeing this mans chest hair game I'm inclined to believe he will.

Hes a 14 year NFL Vet and has played in some big markets ( New York, Cincy,  Nashville ) so we shouldn't see this man suddenly crumble under his own expectations like a younger rising star who isn't used to the extra hoopla.  

Monday should be a lot of fun for him and if he goes out there balling out of control on national TV letting the NFL world know the Bucs have arrived, it's gonna be a fun ride.

If he goes out Monday has a legendary stinker on tv, Jameis probably starts much sooner than anyone would have expected.   

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Maybe because we have all seen this story before. The magic eventually wears off. Could be next week or could be week 17 on the brink of clinching a playoff spot (Jets a couple years ago).

When have you seen him throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs in consecutive games before? Please enlighten us.

Because the week 4 game is on a short week I expect Fitz to at least start through week 4. If he stinks the next two games they go back to Winston. If Fitz is good the next two games Winston sits.

4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

When have you seen him throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs in consecutive games before? Please enlighten us.

Right over your head.

22 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Hes a 14 year NFL Vet and has played in some big markets ( New York, Cincy,  Nashville ) so we shouldn't see this man suddenly crumble under his own expectations like a younger rising star who isn't used to the extra hoopla.  

Monday should be a lot of fun for him and if he goes out there balling out of control on national TV letting the NFL world know the Bucs have arrived, it's gonna be a fun ride.

If he goes out Monday has a legendary stinker on tv, Jameis probably starts much sooner than anyone would have expected.   

Cincy and Nashville are big markets?

Feel like Fitz is going to suck everyone in and this is where he throws 4 inexplicable picks.

Sitting here with Stafford facing a beatable NE defense and I just know playing Fitz will backfire. Too much of a good thing. 

Predict a middling game at best. And then next week...@CHI...the ride is over.

Damn shame I have to burn my waiver on this dude but I own Jamis and I have to protect myself in my 2 qb league. 

14 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Cincy and Nashville are big markets?

Well they are not small ones, big enough ones to make my point that this dude has been around and is seasoned.  While I dont expect him to have 400 and 4 next week on Monday obviously, simply expecting him to go away bc of his name is pretty foolish as well.  This dude is actually playing lights out and its not like hes getting lucky with balls bouncing off DBs hands into his receivers.  No, hes simply playing really good football with a talented WR corp around him, an athletically gifted TE and an aggressive pass happy play caller.  Nothing that crazy is happening besides hitting some bombs to Djax inflating stats a bit, everything is totally repeatable and if anyone has watched Winston the past two years you know you have never seen TB look this good on Offense than these last two weeks.

We get to see it all unfold on MNF next week he either continues the magic or implodes embarrassingly.  I feel hes too seasoned and smart of a guy to truely implode in a fashion that would result in immediate benching.  I feel he exactly understands his situation and hes gonna prove all these doubters.  

Yes I am a bias owner :)

Im going to spend ny #5 waiver spot on this guy and take advantage now while theyre hot. Steelers defense cant stop a soul, probably the most poor defense out their

20 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Feel like Fitz is going to suck everyone in and this is where he throws 4 inexplicable picks.

Sitting here with Stafford facing a beatable NE defense and I just know playing Fitz will backfire. Too much of a good thing. 

Predict a middling game at best. And then next week...@CHI...the ride is over.

Idk if I think the ride is over, but Chicago is probably the game he normalizes. But chances are 90 percent of people out there are going to drop or say in the back of their minds alright.... same old Fitz. Magic is over. But I think he's beyond that. I think he finishes top 10 this year barring injury just based on the weapons around him and maybe everything is finally clicking to have steady production. 

18 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Damn shame I have to burn my waiver on this dude but I own Jamis and I have to protect myself in my 2 qb league. 

image.jpeg.386e558ed34a11cf159d6a4753f9f5d9.jpeg