The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

So this guy went from fantasy god to backup QB on the wire in one week? Life comes at ya fast boy

in three weeks, because thats how long winstons supension was, we've known this for a while.

4 minutes ago, meekzy said:

in three weeks, because thats how long winstons supension was, we've known this for a while.

I'm confused. You worded your response as if it was a foregone conclusion Fitz was going back to the bench when Winston was activated. Yet, Fitz kept the job. I love the people pretending their hindsight is wisdom. I wasn't sure he'd keep the job all year but I am surprised how quickly it went sideways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm confused. You worded your response as if it was a foregone conclusion Fitz was going back to the bench when Winston was activated. Yet, Fitz kept the job. I love the people pretending their hindsight is wisdom. I wasn't sure he'd keep the job all year but I am surprised how quickly it went sideways.

I'm new here, but I'm learning that many people are savants after the fact here. haha

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It didn’t really go sideways because of his play though. They were getting throttled by a superior team and were looking for a “spark.” I personally think it was a disservice to both QBs to have it go down like that but whatever that whole team is a joke anyway

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, owenmills said:

No i'm saying no matter how well fitz played winston was always going to be possible issue with fitz ROS outlook. I don't even own fitz and I think he's the better option of the two but you're lying to yourself if you didn't see this possibilty coming as soon as fitz cooled off.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 4:49 PM, CABLE87 said:

Yup, what we’ve been trying to tell you guys. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they put Fitz back in. Winston isn’t any better.

And I told you so. Might grab him these next few weeks. Hopefully he just stays.

• Like 1

Here to own it. Jameis had his opportunity to lead this offense. He has failed miserably. If I am TB, I roll with Fitz the rest of the way and start looking for the quarterback of the future. Winston is not it. We are not talking about a rookie here. The off the field stuff far outweighs the talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I kind of want Fitz to keep the job rest of season just so people in fantasy can remember who Fitz really is.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Here to own it. Jameis had his opportunity to lead this offense. He has failed miserably. If I am TB, I roll with Fitz the rest of the way and start looking for the quarterback of the future. Winston is not it. We are not talking about a rookie here. The off the field stuff far outweighs the talent. 

But what's the point of this? Fitz isn't your QB of the future anyways.  The team stinks so they aren't going to the playoffs....you might as well just play Winston and see if you can't turn him into something.  If he sucks, then you draft a QB.  If he figures it out somehow then you don't have to draft a QB.  Yes, you will win a few more games with Fitz, but what's the difference between 7 or 8 wins and 5 or 6 wins?

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

But what's the point of this? Fitz isn't your QB of the future anyways.  The team stinks so they aren't going to the playoffs....you might as well just play Winston and see if you can't turn him into something.  If he sucks, then you draft a QB.  If he figures it out somehow then you don't have to draft a QB.  Yes, you will win a few more games with Fitz, but what's the difference between 7 or 8 wins and 5 or 6 wins?

This is some solid reasoning. Winston might give the Bucs a better chance at a higher pick in the draft. And it could help improve Winston's trade value this offseason. Bucs aren't going anywhere whether Fitz or Winston starts.

Fitz is going to Fitz. The Bucs should ride it out with Jameis. Makes no sense. They will get a top 5-10 pick next season anyway. Arizona should have the 1 pick and don’t need a qb. With a top ten and a trade. They can go and get their qb in the draft. I could see Arizona moving their top pick for Mike Evans and Tampa’s number one which will be top 10. Win win, Arizona gets a good pass Cather and Tampa gets their QB. Just a thought

Edited by Gravy

He's "magical." Hopefully keeps the job!

1 minute ago, mjb said:

He's "magical." Hopefully keeps the job!

He won't. Winston will have a short leash every game but in the end, he is their "franchise QB".

There was no reason to pull Jamie’s then. It only makes the coach look indecisive. Here we go again with who is the starting qb. If Jamies is playing like crap and you pull him, keep him out. It is no secret Fitz runs that offense better. In fact, those interceptions don’t look so bad seeing that Jameis throws multiple picks each game. At least with Fitz in, Jackson isn’t barking to be traded and they actually have a chance to go downfield. Keep Fitz for two more years while you groom the future. Why continue to see what you have in a guy who has shown you. We know what Fitz is and we know what Jameis. Pick your poison.

• Like 1

Bucs should have traded Jameis when he was nearing return from suspension. Hopefully they realize Jameis' reign should end asap. Forget his talent, there is no reason to believe in him as a person.

They should go with Fitz. He has his flaws but he can sling the rock and guys like playing with him. Fans like rooting for him and the media likes him. Plus he's cheap for a starting QB so they can load up on defense. And they should be able to get something decent for Jameis from some dumb team. 

• Like 2

This is a catch 22 for Dirk.  You play Jameis (smart thing to do from a franchise perspective) as the season is a write off.  Finish your evaluation if you want to extend the guy. Appease the franchise but piss off the players.

You play Fitzmagic.  Players love him, want to do well for him but the season is a write off.  No way they are catching up to the Saints or Panthers.  Stranger things have happened...like Ryan's resurrection.

• Like 1

Time to add Fitzmagic and drop Winston?

One of my leagues does not have waivers.

Pls advise if Winston can be dropped safely atleast for the next game.

2 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Won't know safely until mid next week or maybe even until right before game time next week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Gut feel says yes. Might as well follow the guy that the team stands behind. 

• Like 2

ok, I dropped Jameis and added the other Fitz.

Larry Fitzgerald. 

Jameis was my back up QB. So will wait for few more days for clarity.