Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

So let me get this right.  The Bucs are replacing a guy who threw 4 interceptions with a guy who threw 4 interceptions in his last start.  If it is interceptions you are worried about you don't go to Fitzpatrick.   I personally thought Winston was doing ok until this last start.  No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Lol no you do not want to plan to use Fitz as a two year stopgap

 

Hes a fantasic backup QB, one of best in league but he is not someone you want going into a season with if you have post season hopes.

 

If they draft a QB and let Winston walk ok sure Fitz for half a season then let rookie take over.

 

That might work too.....but no need to rush the rookie.  Notice KC chiefs, how they took their time with Mahomes. Didn’t rush him in first year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StuPitt said:

So let me get this right.  The Bucs are replacing a guy who threw 4 interceptions with a guy who threw 4 interceptions in his last start.  If it is interceptions you are worried about you don't go to Fitzpatrick.   I personally thought Winston was doing ok until this last start.  No?

 

No.....he not smart man.......lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

 

That might work too.....but no need to rush the rookie.  Notice KC chiefs, how they took their time with Mahomes. Didn’t rush him in first year. 

 

Mahomes prob would have been better than Smith tbh I dont know why they didnt just try! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for Evans IMO considering Winston hadn't throw him a TD pass this year and Fitz has tossed him 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully FitzMagic will goose the production of DJax again like in the first couple games this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

So let me get this right.  The Bucs are replacing a guy who threw 4 interceptions with a guy who threw 4 interceptions in his last start.  If it is interceptions you are worried about you don't go to Fitzpatrick.

 

Yards and TDs and Interception rate all favor Fitz.  Winston is trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

Are you guys firing him up this week with no regards ? 

 

Bye weeks made me drop him a week ago ugh

 

TBH This run wont be as fun as first four weeks bc Jameis will be active and ready to replace if Fitz sucks.  Any slow first half from him he is subject to be pulled.  Im torn, kinda want to grab him and see if he can last a game before I trust either TB Qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

As an owner of Evans, I'm doing the happy dance now. 

Same here, I saw his points skyrocketing and wondered what happened went to look at saw fitz was back in action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Same here, I saw his points skyrocketing and wondered what happened went to look at saw fitz was back in action.

 

It was a deep bomb that saved Evans fantasy week (and my fantasy year).

 

Honestly they never should have benched Fitzpatrick.  Yeah he had a bad game, threw a ton of interceptions but at least with Fitz he’s still giving them a chance to win.  The man throws TDs.

 

Winston is trash.  Even when he has a good game the bucs can still lose it.  In my opinion, Fitz is way better than Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

 

It was a deep bomb that saved Evans fantasy week (and my fantasy year).

 

Honestly they never should have benched Fitzpatrick.  Yeah he had a bad game, threw a ton of interceptions but at least with Fitz he’s still giving them a chance to win.  The man throws TDs.

 

Winston is trash.  Even when he has a good game the bucs can still lose it.  In my opinion, Fitz is way better than Winston.

koetter is trying to keep his job, thats why he benched fitzmagic at halftime vs bears

they had zero chance of winning the game, it was about appeasing his boss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitz only does well when there are zero expectations and zero pressure. Once he gets a few games going and the team/organization starts relying on him...he will poop the bed. 

 

That being said...they should do a 2 qb system. Start Winston. Once he throws his first pick...you warm fitz up. After the second pick...fitz comes in and finishes the game. Works the other way as well. ? I kid I kid...I half kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempted to start ROS and see what happens.  QB1 as long as playing full games.  400+ yards and many TD's when playing full games.  League winner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjb said:

Tempted to start ROS and see what happens.  QB1 as long as playing full games.  400+ yards and many TD's when playing full games.  League winner?

 

Nah

 

This is a frightening Fantast situation where either QB can start a game and not finish it.  I dont think any other team really has this worry right now except Jax w Bortles.

 

The week Fitz gets benched you basically lose.

 

With that said my QB2 is horrid so Im going to get him hopefully (just dropped him last week ugh) but it wont be for the faint of heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, elaw77 said:

Fitz only does well when there are zero expectations and zero pressure. Once he gets a few games going and the team/organization starts relying on him...he will poop the bed. 

 

That being said...they should do a 2 qb system. Start Winston. Once he throws his first pick...you warm fitz up. After the second pick...fitz comes in and finishes the game. Works the other way as well. ? I kid I kid...I half kid. 

haha good one. But seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbing him with # 1 waiver in my super flex league.  This guy could win it for me if he plays out the string.  Long shot, I know, but worth the gamble, particularly with Darnold as my QB2.  Definitely starting him next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, skye2388 said:

Honestly they never should have benched Fitzpatrick.  Yeah he had a bad game, threw a ton of interceptions but at least with Fitz he’s still giving them a chance to win.  The man throws TDs.

 

Winston is trash.  Even when he has a good game the bucs can still lose it.  In my opinion, Fitz is way better than Winston.

 

See what I did here. Hope you enjoy :)

 

Honestly, they should have never benched Winston. Yeah he had a bad game, threw a ton of interceptions but at least with Winston there could be the potential of a franchise QB.  The man is better than Fitz

 

Fitz is trash. Everywhere he has gone he has IMPLODED. In my opinion, Winston is way better than Fitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

 

See what I did here. Hope you enjoy :)

 

Honestly, they should have never benched Winston. Yeah he had a bad game, threw a ton of interceptions but at least with Winston there could be the potential of a franchise QB.  The man is better than Fitz

 

Fitz is trash. Everywhere he has gone he has IMPLODED. In my opinion, Winston is way better than Fitz.

talent wise? sure. Big arm, young, fast. But that means nothing. Leaf was more talented that Fitz, does that make Leaf better than Fitz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 15 and 16 is at Dallas and at Baltimore. No way I'd trust him to start either of those games in the fantasy playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites