The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

talent wise? sure. Big arm, young, fast. But that means nothing. Leaf was more talented that Fitz, does that make Leaf better than Fitz?

So are you saying that Winston is Ryan Leaf?? Ryan Leaf has zero relevance here.

Ryan Leaf 3 year stats:

3,666 yds, 14 TD's, 36 INT's 48.4% completion pct.

Jameis Winston 3 year stats (not including 2018):

11,636 yds,  69 TD, 44 INT's, 61.2% completion rate

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

So are you saying that Winston is Ryan Leaf?? Ryan Leaf has zero relevance here.

Ryan Leaf 3 year stats:

...wh-what?  

"talent wise? sure. Big arm, young, fast. But that means nothing. Leaf was more talented that Fitz, does that make Leaf better than Fitz?"

wh..when did I say that Leaf is Winston? Lmaoo

Talk about mental gymnastics

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Ryan Leaf 3 year stats:

So, I see you seem to be a fan of Jameis. Your stats you posted don’t look bad but he has thrown the most interceptions than any qb while not under pressure. Even more than Bortles and our Eli.  I don’t have his fumbles stats but it seems to me this should be high too. 

I dont trust the guy....I know you do.....but my gut tells me  “Danger Will Robinson....”  I picked up Dak to be my backup instead.  You have to admit....his 10 interceptions in 3.5 games this year is disturbing. 

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

So, I see you seem to be a fan of Jameis. Your stats you posted don’t look bad but he has thrown the most interceptions than any qb while not under pressure. Even more than Bortles and our Eli.  I don’t have his fumbles stats but it seems to me this should be high too. 

I dont trust the guy....I know you do.....but my gut tells me  “Danger Will Robinson....”  I picked up Dak to be my backup instead.  You have to admit....his 10 interceptions in 3.5 games this year is disturbing. 

Not really a Winston fan. Just not someone ready to crown Fitz. We've seen Fitz. I just think the book is still out on Winston. I think there is still some upside there.

I am interested to hear Bucs fans chime in from a team perspective.

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Not really a Winston fan. Just not someone ready to crown Fitz. We've seen Fitz. I just think the book is still out on Winston. I think there is still some upside there.

Most Tampa fans I’ve dialogued with seem to dislike Jameis and regretfully know they have to move on. But yeah, I would love to hear other TB fans chime in here too. 

Having said all that, I really like FitzMagics look....way cool! 

10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I liked Winston's potential coming out of college. I was for them drafting him over Mariota. I have come to learn that he doesn't make good decisions on or off the field. He just has very poor judgment. It's just time to move on from Jameis. I'm not happy to have to rely on Fitz either. His career shows who he is. He's not going to magically become a great QB at his age.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Fitz is a solid placeholder until they draft someone new.  Could probably hold the fort down next year too if need be. Fitz has the locker room, and it was clear the team rallied around him last game.  The coaching staff are idiots who were going to pull him for Ryan Griffin in the Pitt game. RYAN GRIFFIN! 

I don't see what Winston offers that Fitz doesn't.  Fitz has a few ewwww balls, and a couple he tries to force that should have been INT that weren't.  He airs it out, goes at it aggressively, and so far this season it has worked.  Winston simply forces it every time when he doesn't need to, and he has had brutal RZ INTs.  I'm not sure of the numbers but he has had multiple ones that I have personally seen. Winston also fumbles like crazy which a lot of people forget about.  He has 35 fumbles in 49 games (I'm not sure how many are lost, they aren't listed).

The scary thing is that this team is a handful of moments from being 5-2.  Obviously, who knows if it plays out the same but play along with me.   The Pitt game they run instead of pass at the GL, don't give them back the ball to score at end of half.  This past game they put Fitz in at halftime.  Obviously that is optimal results, but it seems like the team waits too long to make a decisive decision.  In this case they SHOULD trade Winston ASAP, and finish the year with Fitz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the number one wavier I'm in 2 QB LG I'm so tempted to grab Fitz as week 10 Kirk cousins is on bye and my third QB Josh Allen is still hurt 

Man id love to pair Fitz with my Patrick mahomes that week especially if I get the Fitz magic lol 

10 hours ago, Cokey said:

I have the number one wavier I'm in 2 QB LG I'm so tempted to grab Fitz as week 10 Kirk cousins is on bye and my third QB Josh Allen is still hurt 

Man id love to pair Fitz with my Patrick mahomes that week especially if I get the Fitz magic lol 

You should do,it.

Im torn between picking up Fitz or AJones. I have WW2 this week.  I do think Fitz >my Prescott and I know Matt Ryan is not as effective outdoors. He has a bunch of outdoor games coming up this second half.  

I think Fitz the gunslinger will continue with quite a bit of success seeing how many toys he has to play with.....Evans, Jackson, Godwin, Howard, Humphries. 

Im slightly concerned one bad half and coach goes back to Winston much like the Bears game. 

So I guess the question for me to decide is .....do I need another RB more than another Qb? 

Edited by TennisMenace

Another RB, Jones has a lot of upside imo.  Fitz is fools gold, he plays best coming off the bench, and has a high probability of being yanked at some point mid game.  Leading to a fail going down the stretch.  If your team is not competitive then maybe he's worth rolling the dice on, but if you have a competitive team I would pass on Fitz. 

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Another RB, Jones has a lot of upside imo.  Fitz is fools gold, he plays best coming off the bench, and has a high probability of being yanked at some point mid game.  Leading to a fail going down the stretch.  If your team is not competitive then maybe he's worth rolling the dice on, but if you have a competitive team I would pass on Fitz. 

Thanks for this perspective. I was a little surprised by the words I made in bold.  The first three games he started and did quite well, especially the first two. And as I recall last year, he did quite well in games he STARTED. 

Why the lack of love for the MagicMan? 

7 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Thanks for this perspective. I was a little surprised by the words I made in bold.  The first three games he started and did quite well, especially the first two. And as I recall last year, he did quite well in games he STARTED. 

He is the riskiest QB in the league bc the coach has now shown he will yank either if they are playing poorly.  Fitz is a gunslinger and gets his points for taking risks. 

Well some of those risks are actually risky and become INTs.  If any of the games he starts he has 2-3 INTs by half time he won't finish the game and that will cost fantasy owners bc you will be left with a 2 pt QB performance.  

I am a huge fan, spent a ton of FAB on him week 2 played him even vs the Bears but had to drop him last week ( figures) and now I play the Winston owner this week.

Trying to pick him back up but I dont know if I would even start him this week....it's just so scary. 

32 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

We've seen his act before.  When defenses have time to prepare for Fitz and tape to study he struggles and too often ends up getting benched mid game.  When was the last time that happened to Prescott?  Fitz likes to go deep, good for DJ, but not so good when it comes to turnovers, which has been his Achilles heel as a professional QB.

If I knew he wouldn't get benched, then he could be a nice match up play, but we don't.  If he struggles vs Carolina this week it could be Winston time again.  Winning FF is all about consistency and minimizing risk.  Fitz is neither.

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 1

Time for the struggle of getting Fitz off waivers again... I should've known he would be back, he never goes away forever. 

1 hour ago, Red Dog said:

We've seen his act before.  When defenses have time to prepare for Fitz and tape to study he struggles and too often ends up getting benched mid game.  When was the last time that happened to Prescott?  Fitz likes to go deep, good for DJ, but not so good when it comes to turnovers, which has been his Achilles heel as a professional QB.

If I knew he wouldn't get benched, then he could be a nice match up play, but we don't.  If he struggles vs Carolina this week it could be Winston time again.  Winning FF is all about consistency and minimizing risk.  Fitz is neither.

Thanks for responding. Maybe my opinion of this new and improved Magic Man is inflated.......I don’t know.......

42, 31, 28.....these ar pretty impressive numbers he put up for FF owners indeed.  I can’t get them out of my mind. 

Edited by TennisMenace

His career stats for those who care are the following:

186 tds

141 interceptions

60% rate of completion

81.3 QB rating

his two years with Bucs:

20 tds

8 interceptions

64% passing

>100 Qb rating

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Thanks 1

Fitzpatrick's schedule going forward:

@ Car - bench

Washington - meh/maybe

@ NYG - Start

SF - Start

Car - bench

NO - Start

@ Bal - bench

@ Dallas -bench

He could be a useful match up play assuming he holds onto the job.  Unfortunately we know what happens when we make assumptions with Fitzy.

Just now, Red Dog said:

Fitzpatrick's schedule going forward:

@ Car - bench

Washington - meh/maybe

@ NYG - Start

SF - Start

Car - bench

NO - Start

@ Bal - bench

@ Dallas -bench

He could be a useful match up play assuming he holds onto the job.  Unfortunately we know what happens when we make assumptions with Fitzy.

The reality is that the Bucs defense is awful. The Bucs have great weapons for a QB. So regardless of the match-up you should be able to accrue a decent amount of fantasy points. So in deep leagues or 2 QB leagues he is a must add regardless of his schedule. 

Whether he lasts the remainder of the season or does his own Jameis Winston-mplosion is anyone's guess. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

The reality is that the Bucs defense is awful. The Bucs have great weapons for a QB. So regardless of the match-up you should be able to accrue a decent amount of fantasy points. So in deep leagues or 2 QB leagues he is a must add regardless of his schedule. 

Whether he lasts the remainder of the season or does his own Jameis Winston-mplosion is anyone's guess. 

I agree with your assessment.  I don’t see why you would bench a guy whose team is probably losing all game just because they have a decent defense. 

Fyi, Carolina has the number 11 rated passing defense, allowing 255 yds per game and have given up 13 touchdowns which is 2 a game.  Wh6 bench him for those two games? 

Eli just torched Wash8ngton for 313. And did you see what Carolina just did to Baltimore this past week? 

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Like 2

Most of the reasons I have allocated some of the match ups as bench is because those particular defenses are good vs the pass and have a higher probability imo to be Fitzy turnover games.

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Dog said:

Most of the reasons I have allocated some of the match ups as bench is because those particular defenses are good vs the pass and have a higher probability imo to be Fitzy turnover games.

Every game has a chance to be a Fitzy turnover game. That's what makes him so magical. 

2 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

I don’t worry about interceptions. Tjey are only -1 in my league.  If he throws 3 int and passes for 3 tds, I get 12-3=9 plus 1 point for every 25 passing yards and one point for 10 rushing yards. 

Edited by TennisMenace
  • Like 1

It's just that Fitzy has a much higher probability of an in game benching with multiple turnovers compared to most QBs.