The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

It's just that Fitzy has a much higher probability of an in game benching with multiple turnovers compared to most QBs.  

I will give you this point because I believe that could happen and they can go right back to Winston. I’m sure TBay is not 100% sold on Fitz to be their savior.

I had Fitzy earlier this season and waived him before the Chicago game.  My opponent that week dropped Trubiski (who had 6 TDs) and picked up Fitz, who was benched mid game.  Leading to just about an automatic win for my squad.

I also was not interested in Winston because of this current situation.  Everything that has happened from about week 3 on has been fairly predictable.  QB musical chairs is not a winning formula for FF.

The last thing I'll say is go with your gut, if Fitzy is calling out to you, pick him up.  My gut says stay away.

3 hours ago, Red Dog said:

I had Fitzy earlier this season and waived him before the Chicago game.  My opponent that week dropped Trubiski (who had 6 TDs) and picked up Fitz, who was benched mid game.  Leading to just about an automatic win for my squad.

I also was not interested in Winston because of this current situation.  Everything that has happened from about week 3 on has been fairly predictable.  QB musical chairs is not a winning formula for FF.

The last thing I'll say is go with your gut, if Fitzy is calling out to you, pick him up.  My gut says stay away.

it's a good point, but isn't the upside worth it?  there's so much garbage time points to be had...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nk3323 said:

it's a good point, but isn't the upside worth it?  there's so much garbage time points to be had...

Air Raid Offense

Leagues worst defense

Can't run the ball

Recipe for a great fantasy quarterback.

6 minutes ago, mjb said:

Air Raid Offense

Leagues worst defense

Can't run the ball

Recipe for a great fantasy quarterback.

If we knew he wouldnt get benched for throwing 3 INTs he would be an easy top 10 play but we never know when that can happen and its a HUGE risk.

With that said, I am going to be aggressively trying for him bc my QB2 is suddenly injured bc of Thursday football fml

The only positive for hope is, if TB has seen enough of Winston to determine they do not want him long term. Then bench him to protect him from getting injured and owing him 15 million next year. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

If we knew he wouldnt get benched for throwing 3 INTs he would be an easy top 10 play but we never know when that can happen and its a HUGE risk.

With that said, I am going to be aggressively trying for him bc my QB2 is suddenly injured bc of Thursday football fml

He threw 3 INT’s once and just 2 total aside from that game. He’s not known for being turnover prone or inaccurate. Not even sure why TB was so quick to pull him because most have known Jameis is trash for a while. Fitz was pretty damn good despite a few picks to the Steelers. Was otherwise pretty lights out until he ran into a red hot Bears Defense. They beat the Eagles and Saints on his watch and the PIT game was close. They’ve had a tough a** schedule. 

I wouldn't trust Fitz as your starter for the rest of the season, but if you need a by week fill in (like I do for Luck) I feel like he is safe for a full game this week. No way the coaches bench him again mid game one week after benching Winston. It would make them look like even bigger fools than they already look like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

He threw 3 INT’s once and just 2 total aside from that game. He’s not known for being turnover prone or inaccurate. Not even sure why TB was so quick to pull him because most have known Jameis is trash for a while. Fitz was pretty damn good despite a few picks to the Steelers. Was otherwise pretty lights out until he ran into a red hot Bears Defense. They beat the Eagles and Saints on his watch and the PIT game was close. They’ve had a tough a** schedule. 

I think the Coach felt pressure from everyone to keep starting Fitz, even if he didn't really want to.  Desean, most of the team, everyone wearing beards, the media etc. were having too much fun with his play and his story.  The Coach has said stuff like Winston will be there (in Tampa) a lot longer than he will, so he was going to play Winston based on the investment the team has in him. 

16 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Anybody not feeling confident Fitz can continue his magic he had in first three weeks? 

I'm pretty sure he can keep it going.  But for how long is anyone's guess.  That Tampa QB (whoever it is) position has thrown for the most yardage in the league.  Fitz is also right up there with the most fantasy points with Majomes, if you prorate his partial games.  I picked up Fitz and started him one game (over Aaron Rodgers) and then picked up Winston for one game (when Aaron was on a bye).  Fitz has great weapons so I expect the majic it to continue.  I also have Mike Evans, and that only makes me happier about the switch.  Fitz is so much better throwing it both down the field and to Evans than Winston. 

I would feel a whole lot better about starting Fitz if Winston were completely unavailable because having someone of his ability on the bench will always be a temptation to sub him in when Fitz inevitably struggles.  Everyone's bringing up the interceptions (10) by Winston, but they have forgotten his fumbles.  He had 10 fumbles last year and 2 this year (not sure if all those were lost fumbles, but regardless that's a lot of times to be putting the ball on the ground).  For fantasy you can live with all his turnovers if he's putting up points, but not in real life, since they'll cost you the game.  Since the Coach is on the hot seat job security wise, if he's smart he'll ride out Fitz as long as he can, because Winston will assuredly get him fired.  Plus Desean had a trade demand seeing how he wasn't getting the ball, in other words Winston wasn't getting him the ball.  It wasn't as if he wasn't being targeted, Winston is just a below average distance thrower whereas Fitz is much better at it.   I see that trade demand as part of Desean's leverage to either get out of town or to stand in Fitz's corner.

I find the Coach's comments below regarding Fitz sort of contradictory, but it might be like Case Keenum last year.  He's going to be the starter this week, till the end of the year he was still the starter lol. 

""We're going to start Fitz at quarterback this week. That's what we feel we need to do this week to give ourselves the best chance," Koetter said, adding Monday's decision to turn to the 35-year-old Fitzpatrick is "just for right now."

"I don't like switching quarterbacks. That's not in my makeup," Koetter said, noting the way Fitzpatrick played Sunday, as well as while Winston was serving his three-game suspension, made the call easier."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/29/fitzpatrick-in-winston-out-as-buccaneers-starting-qb/38324189/

5 hours ago, thirdeye said:

I wouldn't trust Fitz as your starter for the rest of the season, but if you need a by week fill in (like I do for Luck) I feel like he is safe for a full game this week. No way the coaches bench him again mid game one week after benching Winston. It would make them look like even bigger fools than they already look like.

QB is so replaceable, and he's basically a top 8 option ROS while the starter. If you're truly worried you could definitely stash Winston.

In one league I had Dalton at QB, so Fitz is a godsend for owners like me. You could do a lot worse.

It is kinda tough to trust playing him, he's a big gamble. Either he goes nuts for a lot of points or gets benched. There's not much in between. I grabbed him off waivers incase he goes all magical rest of season. Plus I don't want to have to play against him. I wish his week 10 matchup was better if he's still the guy, but I guess Eli did put up over 300 yds against Washington, since my qb is Watson, and he has a week 10 bye. 

2 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

QB is so replaceable, and he's basically a top 8 option ROS while the starter. If you're truly worried you could definitely stash Winston.

In one league I had Dalton at QB, so Fitz is a godsend for owners like me. You could do a lot worse.

Exactly. 

He is great for those that dont have a top 10 QB; the ones who waited on drafting and bet wrong like an Alex Smith or people who bought into that BS from Gruden and drafted Carr.

Had him, dropped him, lost him.  

GL playas 

I do feel this second time around he is very risky to play with how Dirk has yanked his QBs around.  If TB manages to win he should be in there but if they lose the next two weeks ( which they likely will) I bet we see Winston in there again at some point, there's really no reason to not trot him back out there for more reps. 

Edited by Zak0221

Went for free in my league and scooped him up for the bye week replacement of my luck. Can’t believe it. This dude crapped the bed against the Steelers and still went up for crazy points. Bucs offense is the most loaded in the league- it’s impossible for him to fail. The bears game was tough since Trubisky broke out and the bears were playing at an elite level. Expecting some fireworks this weekend.

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Went for free in my league and scooped him up for the bye week replacement of my luck. Can’t believe it. This dude crapped the bed against the Steelers and still went up for crazy points. Bucs offense is the most loaded in the league- it’s impossible for him to fail. The bears game was tough since Trubisky broke out and the bears were playing at an elite level. Expecting some fireworks this weekend.

He threw 50 times in that Steelers game. Don't expect that again. Should put up good numbers even on a bad day, but don't expect production like his first 3 weeks. Sure, he came in relief last game and put up great numbers but it was a relief pitch. Teams have tape on him and this offense. I think Cleveland wasn't prepared for a QB change. That wasn't surprising since they had an internal rift going on. I'm sure the Browns weren't prepared in general.

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's rather easy for him to fail at this point let's be honest.  Ride it while you can, but this is completely different situation than the surprise start of the season.

Coach has shown quick hooks for turnovers and thats what makes Fitz magical is his risky throws working.  I am half sad I missed him and half happy I don't have to be tortured by the 'ifs' of whether  he will crap the bed this week and give me a 5 pt game while being benched. 

I was able to pick him up too. I had to cut Dak, who is playing better, but I can live with that. 

Time me for some more FitzMagic, part 2. 

I find it interesting that everyone is saying that Fitz is in over Winston due to limiting turnovers.  Fitz career INT rate is higher than Winston's career INT rate.  

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

I find it interesting that everyone is saying that Fitz is in over Winston due to limiting turnovers.  Fitz career INT rate is higher than Winston's career INT rate.  

What about Winston's fumble rate? Do his combined rates exceed Fitz?

2 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

It's rather easy for him to fail at this point let's be honest.  Ride it while you can, but this is completely different situation than the surprise start of the season.

Coach has shown quick hooks for turnovers and thats what makes Fitz magical is his risky throws working.  I am half sad I missed him and half happy I don't have to be tortured by the 'ifs' of whether  he will crap the bed this week and give me a 5 pt game while being benched. 

Look I'm just looking for a one-week start lol. Definitely worth rolling the dice since I'm going up against Cam (who is going to obliterate me.) Fitz has the upside to at least compete with that. Panthers should have no problem putting up points this weekend and the Bucs will have to throw (they already do) to keep up.

He's throwing to Evans, Godwin, D JAX, and Howard on a consistent basis....best receiving corps in the league. 

Got Fitz in waivers last night. Right now, it's between Fitz and D. Carr (@SF).

Don't feel great about Fitz this week though. CAR is absolutely rolling. Could see them taking chunks of time off the clock in a pretty big rout. D coming around a bit more too. Really handled BALT easily. 

8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Got Fitz in waivers last night. Right now, it's between Fitz and D. Carr (@SF).

Don't feel great about Fitz this week though. CAR is absolutely rolling. Could see them taking chunks of time off the clock in a pretty big rout. D coming around a bit more too. Really handled BALT easily. 

Start the hippie with confidence.