The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Start the hippie with confidence. 

^^^^^

So much, this.

How can anyone possibly sit this slab of man candy......

Image result for fitzmagic gifs

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Start the hippie with confidence. 

I'll start him, but don't know how confident I am.

Saw a lot of people with that same confidence for Winston not so long ago...

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What about Winston's fumble rate? Do his combined rates exceed Fitz?

70 fumbles in 138 career games to Winston's 35 in 49 career games, Winston higher, but he also runs more than Fitz.

Both Fitz and Winston are turnover-prone, the difference is Fitz makes more big plays to overcome them.  It's like in basketball when you turn the ball over but then steal the ball back to negate it.  Case in point is the Steelers game with the turnovers in the first half.  Fitz was almost able to bring them back after halftime.

Winston has been interception prone since college.  I'm not sure he can or is willing to change enough to fix that.  Maybe some humble pie sitting on the bench will be enough to motivate change but I have my doubts.  

His upside is immense on a week to week basis although there is mid game benching risk.  I’d cut any lower end QB for him.  If things don’t work out you can find a passable QB.

I cut Stafford for him in a league.  If he makes it to week 14 that playoff saints matchup is going to be delicious.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:15 PM, TennisMenace said:

I will give you this point because I believe that could happen and they can go right back to Winston. I’m sure TBay is not 100% sold on Fitz to be their savior.

They’re probably not going back to Winston.  If he gets injured Tampa Bay is on the hook for 20M next year.  If he stays healthy they can cut him at 0 cap cost.  

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/the-bucs-are-staring-right-at-their-jameis-winston-escape-clause/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

FitzMagic prediction: 350/3/1 with another entertaining press conference 

I love watching those conferences too. Great look....

51 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

They’re probably not going back to Winston.  If he gets injured Tampa Bay is on the hook for 20M next year.  If he stays healthy they can cut him at 0 cap cost.  

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/the-bucs-are-staring-right-at-their-jameis-winston-escape-clause/

What do they do if Fitz gets hurt? 

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Reading the tea leaves they have picked up the option in April meaning they believed in Winston and would evaluate resigning after the season rather than write a new contract then and there.  I actually think the front office would be the ones telling Koetter to play Jameis ( the article speculates the opposite ) because they are paying him quite a lot and want to see if indeed they should let him walk.  They already know what Fitz is and what he can do in general, there is still some flashes of really good moments with Jameis that makes you wonder.  Dirk playing Fitz goes against the front office but basically he is saying Fitz gives them their best chance to win a football game and if the coach can muster up some wins and sneak back into the playoff race, that probably saves his job.  If Tampa cannot pull off some wins however, my take is Jameis is handed back the starting gig regardless how Fitz is playing because it really makes no sense for them to not fully evaluate what they have in him with such an important choice at the end of the season.  Koetter even has said as much that he doesn't like switching quarterbacks and its not forever.  He said Jameis will get another chance but for now its solely about getting Ws and Fitz gives them their best hope to win a game. 

"Very rarely is switching quarterbacks forever. ... Jameis will get another chance at some point," the coach added, "and when he does he just needs to do a better job of taking care of the football."

Edited by Zak0221

5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Reading the tea leaves they have picked up the option in April meaning they believed in Winston and would evaluate resigning after the season rather than write a new contract then and there.  I actually think the front office would be the ones telling Koetter to play Jameis ( the article speculates the opposite ) because they are paying him quite a lot and want to see if indeed they should let him walk.  They already know what Fitz is and what he can do in general, there is still some flashes of really good moments with Jameis that makes you wonder.  Dirk playing Fitz goes against the front office but basically he is saying Fitz gives them their best chance to win a football game and if the coach can muster up some wins and sneak back into the playoff race, that probably saves his job.  If Tampa cannot pull off some wins however, my take is Jameis is handed back the starting gig regardless how Fitz is playing because it really makes no sense for them to not fully evaluate what they have in him with such an important choice at the end of the season.  Koetter even has said as much that he doesn't like switching quarterbacks and its not forever.  He said Jameis will get another chance but for now its solely about getting Ws and Fitz gives them their best hope to win a game. 

The FO would pressure the coach to bench the player because they don’t want to be on the hook for the salary. 

If the FO doesn’t know what they have in Jameis by now, they’re incompetent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Iron-cock said:

The FO would pressure the coach to bench the player because they don’t want to be on the hook for the salary. 

They are paying him for this year, we are not even half way through the season and he has only appeared in 4 games.  Owners and managers want to see what they have paid for.  Maybe the final couple weeks of the season then sure they have seen enough and we start to see Griffin like you posted however to think he is going to be benched so they get out of his injury clause is pretty out there. 

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Yes. We know what Jameis is. An entitled,  off-the-field mess who throws picks every game and makes receivers depressed or want to leave. He also licks fingers shaped like Ws. 

Starting Fitz in FF is like starting Gordon....only better. It's WAY more fun in real life with all the hype.

Not to mention, Godwin, Evans, Jackson, Howard., Brate….killer WR corp. Fun to watch, and high upside. It's not a coincidence Winston stepped in and started putting up mad points too

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

however to think he is going to be benched so they get out of his injury clause is pretty out there. 

The Bills did the same thing with Tyrod Taylor last year. 

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

The Bills did the same thing with Tyrod Taylor last year. 

Didnt realize Tyrod was a 1st round pick of the Bills and only 24 years old. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Didnt realize Tyrod was a 1st round pick of the Bills and only 24 years old. 

I don’t know what to tell you buddy, but players get benched for contract reasons, it comes from the front office, and that may have happened to Jameis.  It’s fantasy relevent for Fitz.  

If you think Jameis is too valuable for that to happen to him...well okay.  

• Like 1

The #1 overall pick thing only takes you so far. Tampa is getting to the point where they either have to pay Winston a boatload of money or invest another first-rounder in a QB. It looks like they’ve already made their choice, so why risk an injury that leaves them on the hook?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Hope you're right.

Feel like this will be a CAR blowout. Something like 34 - 17. Could see total domination in first half where Fitz hardly has any opportunity to throw the ball. CAR bleeds the clock, but Fitz manages to save his day in the fourth quarter. Feels more like 275-2-2 (with maybe a lost fumble). 

Considering him over Matty Ice.  The Washington D is too good 

I picked him up, but I'm not starting him with confidence. I agree with the posters above, and think this will not be a contest vs Carolina. Fitz will get his garbage time points and probably put up a respectable 25 point fantasy line, but I'm stashing him for better matchups down the line (because my other QB, Stafford, has been very middling this season).

Carolina is playing too well right now to fall victim to FitzMagic midseason.

And I'm 100% biased this week because I'm using the Panthers defense lol

Edited by HandSchaub

15 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah 350 yds seems like the floor for either of these guys.  Whoever they go with is startable weekly.  Heck Jamis threw 4 picks last week, got benched and still put 19 pts.  You could do A LOT worse.  Rolling him out over Rivers

Edited by SuperMarksBros.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Considering him over Matty Ice.  The Washington D is too good 

I'm debating the exact same thing myself.  Adding Dix only makes Ryan's matchup more iffy.

12 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

I'm debating the exact same thing myself.  Adding Dix only makes Ryan's matchup more iffy.

I actually am as well. I'm leaning FitzMagic. The Bucs run pretty much an air raid offense and love to throw down the field, especially when they're trailing.