The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

Pickup of the year, provided he keeps the job.  2nd only to Mahomes (barely), fantasy points per game.  League Winner!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I actually am as well. I'm leaning FitzMagic. The Bucs run pretty much an air raid offense and love to throw down the field, especially when they're trailing.

He's magical.  Enjoy the ride!

10 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I actually am as well. I'm leaning FitzMagic. The Bucs run pretty much an air raid offense and love to throw down the field, especially when they're trailing.

That's four of us? I'm sitting Ryan and rolling with FitzMagic. The Redskins defense is underrated and the Bucs RBs are beat up. On the other side, the Redskins are going to roll "all day" with AP (apparently he's made of various unbreakable composite components) possibly making for a negative game script for Ryan. The Atlanta/Washington game may be a quicker lower scoring game with the 'skins able to run the clock on the ground. On the other hand, Tampa is hurting at RB and actually has a good enough RB defense which bodes well for an all-out air war vs the Panthers. Love Cam and FitzMagic this week.

1 hour ago, Blazer said:

I'm sitting Ryan and rolling with FitzMagic. The Redskins defense is underrated

Skins' defense should only get better with their traded for safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.  He might not make much difference in his first game though.  Redskins pass D has been tough on QBs since 2017.  I think they might have been the 8th toughest fantasy D for QBs last year, and the D only got better this year with their draft investments.

Other thing is Ryans home/away splits.  He's much worse in his away games, like this game will be.  His away games (Eagles, Steelers) did not go so well.  Don't know if its just this year or a historic trend, but he's been like Brees and Rothlisberger in terms of how well they perform home vs away. 

Carolina's pass D is their relative weakness, so Tampa's strength going against Carolina's weakness, should be favorable for Fitz.

Fitz is truly “magical!” 4 more TD’s every week QB1 regardless of matchup.

Koetter was already asked if Fitz would be the starter next week and the answer was "yes."

• Thanks 3

What a solid outing fantasy wise. Super nervous to start him this week but with the bye, had no choice. Winston and Fitzpatrick can both be solid qb1s with all the weapons on this offense.

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Koetter was already asked if Fitz would be the starter next week and the answer was "yes."

Soon as TB gets out of playoff hunt they will take another look at Winston.  Its all about Ws right now Fitz is just a little better at not having a million turnovers than Winston.

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

Soon as TB gets out of playoff hunt they will take another look at Winston.  Its all about Ws right now Fitz is just a little better at not having a million turnovers than Winston.

Maybe not though.  ~21 million is a lot to risk if they're not completely sold that Winston is their future.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/05/jameis-winstons-2019-injury-guarantee-looms-over-2018-for-the-bucs/

Edited by ragrag
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ragrag said:

Maybe not though.  ~21 million is a lot to risk if they're not completely sold that Winston is their future.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/05/jameis-winstons-2019-injury-guarantee-looms-over-2018-for-the-bucs/

The front office has paid the man for this year.  I understand this thought process but try to also understand Winston is paid like a starter and the FO will likely get rid of Koetter if they don't play the guy they are paying to start games ( unless they are winning which then will give Koetter a leash ). If Fitz throws INTs and loses games he will not remain the starter pretty simple.  

9 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

The front office has paid the man for this year.  I understand this thought process but try to also understand Winston is paid like a starter and the FO will likely get rid of Koetter if they don't play the guy they are paying to start games ( unless they are winning which then will give Koetter a leash ). If Fitz throws INTs and loses games he will not remain the starter pretty simple.  

If Fitz throws INTs and loses games he wouldn't be any different from Winston, who has 6 TD and 10 INT on the year.. He's been in Tampa Bay for 4 years and I think they've probably seen enough and are moving on.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

If the FO has moved on from Winston and do not intend to extend him they would be fools to run him out there w/ a 21M injury guarantee looming.  Imagine who all loses their jobs if Winston goes out there and tears his ACL in a meaningless 2nd half game, activating the 21M injury clause on his contract, and he suddenly becomes the highest paid player on the Bucs roster next season.

To suggest that the FO will fire Koetter for not starting Winston b/c he was paid 7.9M this year is asinine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Considering Koetter has already gone back to Fitz it likely means the Bucs FO has made their decision on Winston. They wouldn't go back to Fitz if they didn't want to see where Winston could take them ROS.

No way they go back to Winston and risk the guaranteed injury clause for the 5th year option.

5 minutes ago, ragrag said:

If the FO has moved on from Winston and do not intend to extend him they would be fools to run him out there w/ a 21M injury guarantee looming.  Imagine who all loses their jobs if Winston goes out there and tears his ACL in a meaningless 2nd half game, activating the 21M injury clause on his contract, and he suddenly becomes the highest paid player on the Bucs roster next season.

To suggest that the FO will fire Koetter for not starting Winston b/c he was paid 7.9M this year is asinine. 

10/10

Any Fitz owners just rolling with him and streaming the rest of the year? Or looking for an upgrade to something more...solid/less volatile?

15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Any Fitz owners just rolling with him and streaming the rest of the year? Or looking for an upgrade to something more...solid/less volatile?

He's shaky but no better options if you don't have a top 10-12 qb.

36 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I feel better keeping a guy like Dalton too. I rarely roster two QBs but you never know with TB

5 minutes ago, 24HourPiffness said:

I feel better keeping a guy like Dalton too. I rarely roster two QBs but you never know with TB

This is exactly what I did too, Bucs get the Ravens Week 15 (though their D has been underwhelming the last few weeks, so maybe it won't be necessary), Dalton gets OAK

I just need Fitzpatrick to make it through Week 12 (Mahomes bye).  Pretty sure he'll be benched again for Rapist Winston by then though.