The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

Just now, FooserX said:

Thinking of starting him over Goff.

Even with the INT's he's still throwing up mad FF points...

Don't. Unless your team is in a truly desperate must win situation this week and your opponent is a top scoring team where you desperately need 35 pt upside rather than safe bet for 15-20.  Fitz can literally be benched at any moment unexpectedly.  TB might be losing by 3 TDs again this week, Jameis could randomly come in.  Fitz starts the game ( again) with INTs, Jameis could randomly come in.  You just never truely know until it happens then it's too late, you are saddled with a 5 or worse pt performance from your QB which loses your week.  If your team can still win with a safer 15-25 pts from Goff vs 5-35 pts from Fitzmagic then I would go with Jared but you if really need that ceiling play, plug, hope and pray. 

• Thanks 2

For those in deep leagues with Fitzpatrick as your QB1 and no decent backup...might want to grab and *cuff* with Winston in case:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-news-fantasy-football-benched-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-real-chance-play-again-season-ryan-fitzpatrick/xbuzqqd8lfid1b5bhlurmkxwj

As a Mahomes owner I'm grabbing Fitzmagic, he just got dropped in my league, for that week 12 bye.  Having Fitz vs SF week 12 will be nice.  

2 hours ago, Apex1 said:

Start him over Wentz this week?

I wouldn't. 

I smell a PHI blowout against a reeling DAL team. Think PHI comes out firing and it's not like they run the ball.

I own Fitz and I'm constantly terrified. Could get benched.

Wentz has the upside of Fitz and a much higher floor.

Rolling out Fitz every week IS terrifying but has paid off so far. Unless you were crazy enough to start him gay st CHI when Mack was healthy...

Rest of season schedule is really nice but you know...

1 hour ago, humanpuck said:

As a Mahomes owner I'm grabbing Fitzmagic, he just got dropped in my league, for that week 12 bye.  Having Fitz vs SF week 12 will be nice.  

think the kid on the opposite sideline that game will fare just as well ... the Yucs are absolutely atrocious vs the forward pass ... Moon Mullens gonna have a field day.  

itsaprotip - if ya miss on Fitzy, go Moony. 

9 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

boom/bust qb if there ever was one

Hi Boom to Bust ratio is 5-1, so not sure if this is a valid argument.  Technically he's 5/0 boom to bust considering he's played 5 full games, 2 of his games were 1/2 each.  In one he sucked, vs the bears with Mack, the other he threw up 19 points.

1 minute ago, humanpuck said:

Hi Boom to Bust ratio is 5-1, so not sure if this is a valid argument.  Technically he's 5/0 boom to bust considering he's played 5 full games, 2 of his games were 1/2 each.  In one he sucked, vs the bears with Mack, the other he threw up 19 points.

So because he was pulled for being awful it doesn't count as a bust? What kind of logic is this?

3 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

So because he was pulled for being awful it doesn't count as a bust? What kind of logic is this?

You must've missed this part.

5 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

Technically he's 5/0 boom to bust considering he's played 5 full games, 2 of his games were 1/2 each.

Huh? Then why did you include this blurb?

Edited by oliminator123

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yes not completing a game would be a bust game.  Fitz can bust with T.Os or he can get pulled or he can get T.Os and pulled or he can do pretty well.

You just never know...

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Huh? Then why did you include this blurb?

My point is that he's significantly more boom than bust.

Edited by humanpuck

Just now, humanpuck said:

My point is that he's not significantly more boom than bust.

You make no sense and this has nothing to do with that you posted. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

You make no sense and this has nothing to do with that you posted. 

Typo, I edited it

It’s nit Fitz that makes me nervous cuz he’ll put up a bunch of points on this team with the weapons/system/lack of defense. It’s the coaching staff being indecisive that terrifies me. 

1 minute ago, humanpuck said:

Typo, I edited it

I see. I kind of agree. I don't consider quarterbacks boom or bust just because of the nature of the position. Anyone starting him has to understand that his leash is extremely short. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I see. I kind of agree. I don't consider quarterbacks boom or bust just because of the nature of the position. Anyone starting him has to understand that his leash is extremely short. 

Agree completely, I think if he's out there he's a top 12 option every week.  If he has a good matchup he's even better than top 12.  

I'm riding until the wheels fall off (again)

Hopefully we get several more elite scoring weeks before the seemingly inevitable -2 point week where he gets pulled early 

19 minutes ago, HelloPanda said:

I'm riding until the wheels fall off (again)

Hopefully we get several more elite scoring weeks before the seemingly inevitable -2 point week where he gets pulled early 

This is the post I like to see. Enough hand-wringing about this guy.

I'll keep rolling on the Fitzmagic train until he drops a stinker in the championship game for me. This is my destiny! No one can cheat me out of it!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, humanpuck said:

i think it's valid when your QB can have a bad first half and get pulled and single handedly lose your week for you

qb position is a little more important than starting a boom/bust wr like desean jackson in your flex, if desean busts then oh well, it's not going to lose you your week

also are we going to pretend ryan fitzpatrick doesnt have an entire career to look at? 

pretty sure his boom/bust ratio over his career as a starter isn't 5/1

Edited by Cotton Jones