The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

On 11/8/2018 at 3:22 AM, Gryfter said:

For those in deep leagues with Fitzpatrick as your QB1 and no decent backup...might want to grab and *cuff* with Winston in case:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-news-fantasy-football-benched-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-real-chance-play-again-season-ryan-fitzpatrick/xbuzqqd8lfid1b5bhlurmkxwj

Fitzmagic owners are playing with real fire right now, he is the ultimate high risk / high reward QB play right now.  He can be sent to the bench at any moment whether it be fair or unfair.  If your team does not need this kind of risk I would try to trade him to a losing record team that needs to gamble.  The only teams that should be counting on this guy for the long haul this season are those on outside looking in because he has potential to lose you the week at moments notice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Fitzmagic owners are playing with real fire right now, he is the ultimate high risk / high reward QB play right now.  He can be sent to the bench at any moment whether it be fair or unfair.  If your team does not need this kind of risk I would try to trade him to a losing record team that needs to gamble.  The only teams that should be counting on this guy for the long haul this season are those on outside looking in because he has potential to lose you the week at moments notice. 

Exactly what I am trying to do.

Packaging Fitz and some RBs for Brees. Want stability at the QB position. 

If I'm in the semis and Fitz (or Winston) throw 4 ints and sink my ship I'll rip my hair out.

Been playing with fire all year playing this game. Feel like I'm pushing my luck.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:22 AM, Gryfter said:

For those in deep leagues with Fitzpatrick as your QB1 and no decent backup...might want to grab and *cuff* with Winston in case:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-news-fantasy-football-benched-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-real-chance-play-again-season-ryan-fitzpatrick/xbuzqqd8lfid1b5bhlurmkxwj

i think you're reading the article incorrectly. when it says, "Tampa Bay has been “very impressed” with Winston since he has been benched," it most likely means he's great at sitting.

Tampa-Bay-Bucs-QB-Jameis-Winston-facing-

• Haha 3

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna try to bang out a trade in the next couple days (deadline is tomorrow midnight)....If not, I'm gonna be forced to handcuff Fitzpatrick with Winston and hope there is no in-game benching.  If the TB season goes down the ****ter, and it will, I just hope that if there is a QB change that it will be made in the middle of the week.  Ugh...

I guess this is one of the only times in FFB history that handcuffing a QB can have any semblance of sense as the team's passing statistics are just too good to ignore.

Edited by KRB80

5 minutes ago, KRB80 said:

Yeah, looks like I'm gonna try to bang out a trade in the next couple days (deadline is tomorrow midnight)....If not, I'm gonna be forced to handcuff Fitzpatrick with Winston and hope there is no in-game benching.  If the TB season goes down the ****ter, and it will, I just hope that if there is a QB change that it will be made in the middle of the week.  Ugh...

I guess this is one of the only times in FFB history that handcuffing a QB can have any semblance of sense as the team's passing statistics are just too good to ignore.

nathan peterman's still available in your league, if that's any help

34238864_1541628643614611_r.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Fantasy GMs should have other options in place, but I'd be shocked if Winston starts another game for TB w/ that injury clause in his contract.  ~21M is a lot to pay for a bonehead who hurts the team on and off the field.  

It makes too much sense to let Winston walk, draft or trade for a QB (maybe like Carr looking for a fresh start) & use Fitz as a bridge.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Fantasy GMs should have other options in place, but I'd be shocked if Winston starts another game for TB w/ that injury clause in his contract.  ~21M is a lot to pay for a bonehead who hurts the team on and off the field.  

It makes too much sense to let Winston walk, draft or trade for a QB (maybe like Carr looking for a fresh start) & use Fitz as a bridge.

winston will be playing for the jaguars next year. you heard it here first.

10 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:
25 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Another option would be for the Bucs to use this benching to negotiate a short extension that's more team friendly.  His agent would probably recommend he just ride out this year and test FA but if Winston really wants to be a Buc that'd be an option.

30 minutes ago, ragrag said:

It makes too much sense to let Winston walk, draft or trade for a QB (maybe like Carr looking for a fresh start) & use Fitz as a bridge

Despite the fact reports have come out AND the coaches have said Jameis will get another try.  Sure....just keep ignoring the smoke that is swirling. 

Jameis won't start this week and hell he probably won't even start next week ( unless Fitz collapses epically ) but he will get to play again this year.  Book it. 

Edited by Zak0221

17 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

you spelled 'Foles' wrong 

It’s only a matter of time before Fitzpatrick implodes again & Winston mops up. However, barring injury I don’t know if  Winston actually starts again. They gave him his shot & he blew it. The Bucs aren’t making the playoffs with that defense & no running game, so why risk an injury to be on the hook for Winston’s massive salary? The offense just looks better with Fitzpatrick right now. There will probably be a new coaching staff next year & they’ll want to revamp the roster anyway

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Despite the fact reports have come out AND the coaches have said Jameis will get another try.  Sure....just keep ignoring the smoke that is swirling. 

Jameis won't start this week and hell he probably won't even start next week ( unless Fitz collapses epically ) but he will get to play again this year.  Book it. 

All the sources I've seen suggest that Winston "has a real chance" to play again, or that the FO "is hoping to have another opportunity to evaluate him".  Have you seen anything more definitive suggesting otherwise?  

2 minutes ago, ragrag said:

All the sources I've seen suggest that Winston "has a real chance" to play again, or that the FO "is hoping to have another opportunity to evaluate him".  Have you seen anything more definitive suggesting otherwise?  

The coach has also said so himself...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/29/fitzpatrick-in-winston-out-as-buccaneers-starting-qb/38324189/

"I don't like switching quarterbacks. That's not in my makeup," Koetter said, noting the way Fitzpatrick played Sunday, as well as while Winston was serving his three-game suspension, made the call easier.

"Very rarely is switching quarterbacks forever. ... Jameis will get another chance at some point," the coach added, "and when he does he just needs to do a better job of taking care of the football."

"For us, this week is long-term,'' Koetter said. "I mean next Sunday is as long-term…I don't even know who we play after Carolina. So that's a fact. Long-term is this Sunday.''

9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

The offense just looks better with Fitzpatrick right now. 

They were down 35-7 to the Panthers...and we just saw the Panthers give up 52 pts to the Steelers. 

Just now, Zak0221 said:

They were down 35-7 to the Panthers...and we just saw the Panthers give up 52 pts to the Steelers. 

And what was that final score to the Panthers again? When Fitzpatrick gets hot, he rolls. We saw his “cold” then his “hot” last game. Neither one is the long-term answer in TB (meaning years, not weeks as Koetter refers to)

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

And what was that final score to the Panthers again? When Fitzpatrick gets hot, he rolls. We saw his “cold” then his “hot” last game. Neither one is the long-term answer in TB (meaning years, not weeks as Koetter refers to)

Lol anyone can pad stats and make a game closer.  I was only bringing up the Panther score because you said 'the offense looks better with Fitz'.  Well if the offense looks better they shouldn't be losing 35-7 to any team, no ?  

Just now, Zak0221 said:

Lol anyone can pad stats and make a game closer.  I was only bringing up the Panther score because you said 'the offense looks better with Fitz'.  Well if the offense looks better they shouldn't be losing 35-7 to any team, no ?  

Pad stats? In a game where they almost came back to win? It’s not like it was a couple prevent defense drives late in the 4th quarter. It was an entire 2nd half. We know Fitzpatrick can be inconsistent. I don’t have any faith Winston is any better, but he’ll probably still get in there again

1 hour ago, ragrag said:

I literally said this same thing to a buddy of mine yesterday. I just see no upside of starting Winston from here on out unless they still believe he’s the future there

3 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:

I just see no upside of starting Winston from here on out unless they still believe he’s the future there

Which is what this article said...

The team is not viewing Winston “as damaged goods” and told him this week they continue to think “he can be a quality starting quarterback in this league,” the report says.

Edited by Zak0221

14 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Which is what this article said...

The team is not viewing Winston “as damaged goods” and told him this week they continue to think “he can be a quality starting quarterback in this league,” the report says.

So is the $21mil guaranteed in 2019 or can they let him walk after this year?

Cause if it’s not guaranteed I don’t see how they bring him back at that number. 

Most 4th year franchise qbs don’t get benched half way through the season for a journeyman, if they really are viewed as a franchise qb . Those qbs definitely don’t get paid $21mil the following year

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:

So is the $21mil guaranteed in 2019 or can they let him walk after this year?

Cause if it’s not guaranteed I don’t see how they bring him back at that number. 

Most 4th year franchise qbs don’t get benched half way through the season for a journeyman, if they really are viewed as a franchise qb . Those qbs definitely don’t get paid $21mil the following year

I dunno weird things happen in the NFL.  Most 'journeyman' QBs dont start the season breaking a record for most consecutive 400 yard games.  It's pretty rare to have a QB controversy of this nature, I think the Bucs are just keeping their options open.  

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I dunno weird things happen in the NFL.  Most 'journeyman' QBs dont start the season breaking a record for most consecutive 400 yard games.  It's pretty rare to have a QB controversy of this nature, I think the Bucs are just keeping their options open.  

Very true

15 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Owners in deep leagues, 14+ may not have a choice. Thats why grabbing Winston while hes free might be a must.That offense, laughable running game, great receivers and TEs paired with that non-existent defense...theres no higher passing upside on the waivers.

16 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Tbf fantasy football is a week to week game, u worry about the current matchup and go from there regarding pickups.