Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Beatles

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2018 Outlook

Has everybody finally learned their lesson? You lay down with dogs, you get fleas.

9 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Has everybody finally learned their lesson? You lay down with dogs, you get fleas.

I mean, if Mike Evans catches that easy TD on that last drive then that's 4 extra points for Fitz + he wouldn't have ended up fumbling the next play...in that case it would've been an 18+ point day, which isn't too bad.

20 minutes ago, southsid3 said:

I mean, if Mike Evans catches that easy TD on that last drive then that's 4 extra points for Fitz + he wouldn't have ended up fumbling the next play...in that case it would've been an 18+ point day, which isn't too bad.

Hes a nickel trying to be a dime.

Odds that he loses the starting gig? Tampa moved the ball well today. They just made a lot of mistakes in the red zone. There is nothing to suggest Winston would have done better.

Regarding laying down with dogs and getting fleas, I started him because my alternative was a struggling Stafford. I didn't start him because I think Fitz is good. 

I like Fitz in fantasy, but for a smart guy he really is a dope sometimes. 1st and goal and the Bucs don't run with Barber. Dropped TD pass. And 2nd and goal Fitz scrambles instead of dumping off and loses a fumble. If Fitz ever checked down he'd have better stats.

.....But they said that this guy was magic.

Just like an average pitcher, 2nd and 3rd time through the batting order, the pitcher gets exposed. Give Fitz a few starts and DC's always expose his a** which is why he is a journeyman back-up.

1 minute ago, Ace_King said:

Odds that he loses the starting gig? Tampa moved the ball well today. They just made a lot of mistakes in the red zone. There is nothing to suggest Winston would have done better.

Regarding laying down with dogs and getting fleas, I started him because my alternative was a struggling Stafford. I didn't start him because I think Fitz is good. 

Fitz sucks and is who he is. But that isn't bad for fantasy. I doubt they ever go back to Winston because if Winston gets injured it locks the Bucs into his 5th year option salary. The Bucs moved on from Winston when they went back to Fitz.

Now they could go to another QB that isn't Winston.

Fitz having good days is like a broken clock being right twice a day.

13 minutes ago, devaster said:

Fitz sucks and is who he is. But that isn't bad for fantasy. I doubt they ever go back to Winston because if Winston gets injured it locks the Bucs into his 5th year option salary. The Bucs moved on from Winston when they went back to Fitz.

Now they could go to another QB that isn't Winston.

Who is their third string QB?

Agree, Fitz sucks in real life but that offense and volume make him a solid fantasy QB, at least as long as he is starting.

49 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

.....But they said that this guy was magic.

Just like an average pitcher, 2nd and 3rd time through the batting order, the pitcher gets exposed. Give Fitz a few starts and DC's always expose his a** which is why he is a journeyman back-up.

Say what you want about Fitz. We can all at least agree that TB clearly made the right decision in benching, and burning the bridge, with an immensely talented 25 year old QB so that they could have a 37 year old journeyman lead them to a 3-6 record. 

Sarcasm aside, I can't believe people actually defended this. Maybe the worst coaching decision I can remember, as far as giving up on a player. This is the kind of short sighted decision that could set a franchise back a decade (FYI, franchise QBs are NOT easy to find). On top of that, there was no upside to this decision whatsoever. Fitz was never taking this team anywhere. 

Good job Bucs. 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Say what you want about Fitz. We can all at least agree that TB clearly made the right decision in benching, and burning the bridge, with an immensely talented 25 year old QB so that they could have a 37 year old journeyman lead them to a 3-6 record. 

Sarcasm aside, I can't believe people actually defended this. Maybe the worst coaching decision I can remember, as far as giving up on a player. This is the kind of short sighted decision that could set a franchise back a decade (FYI, franchise QBs are NOT easy to find). On top of that, there was no upside to this decision whatsoever. Fitz was never taking this team anywhere. 

Good job Bucs. 

Winston is not a "franchise QB" - unless it's for a Canadian Football team to be named.

9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Winston is not a "franchise QB" - unless it's for a Canadian Football team to be named.

How do you define a franchise QB? Rivers? Stafford? Andy Dalton? Joe Flacco? Eli Manning? Cousins? Bortles? 

You don't think Winston is in that conversation? I didn't say Hall of Famer, I just said franchise QB.

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

How do you define a franchise QB? Rivers? Stafford? Andy Dalton? Joe Flacco? Eli Manning? Cousins? Bortles? 

You don't think Winston is in that conversation? I didn't say Hall of Famer, I just said franchise QB.

How many turnovers does someone have to have to not be considered a franchise QB? Im pretty sure he's well over the threshold. 

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

On the positive side....He did throw for over 400....

yeah, the Indigenous Peoples are no slouches on D, especially in the secondary - what with the HaHa kid and Joshy

11 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

On the positive side....He did throw for over 400....

overheard on red zone channel - most total team yardage to result in 3 or less points since 1960

*checks calendar*

that was a long time ago

I thought he did decent. Obviously mistakes were made in red zone. Missed field goals, dropped TDs, fumbles, interceptions, etc.

It would not be shocking if they went back to Winston tho. End result was 3 points and 3 turnovers and another L. I don't think Winston would have done any better, but if they are looking for an excuse to go back to him, this could be it.

Another user touched on this earlier in the thread but idk if they are gonna bench him to avoid the small risk he may get hurt and they would be on the hook next year. I mean this GM has been around for like 5 years and they have been pretty trash. Giving up on his #1 overall franchise QB after another bad season would seem like the icing on the cake to get him fired. You would think he would want his QB back out there at some point and hope he stops throwing INTs to show ownership he didn't f--- it up and there is hope next year.

Either way I will see you guys in this or the Winston thread for the stretch run.

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hoping a QB change is AVOIDED. Makes no sense to put WInston back in. 

This is my biggest concern. At least he didn't get yanked mid-game but this will always be a fear. 

1 hour ago, King Gonzo said:

I thought he did decent. Obviously mistakes were made in red zone. Missed field goals, dropped TDs, fumbles, interceptions, etc.

It would not be shocking if they went back to Winston tho. End result was 3 points and 3 turnovers and another L. I don't think Winston would have done any better, but if they are looking for an excuse to go back to him, this could be it.

Another user touched on this earlier in the thread but idk if they are gonna bench him to avoid the small risk he may get hurt and they would be on the hook next year. I mean this GM has been around for like 5 years and they have been pretty trash. Giving up on his #1 overall franchise QB after another bad season would seem like the icing on the cake to get him fired. You would think he would want his QB back out there at some point and hope he stops throwing INTs to show ownership he didn't f--- it up and there is hope next year.

Either way I will see you guys in this or the Winston thread for the stretch run.

Wrong.

playing winston and potentially resigning him or worse gets injured would certainly get the GM fired. 

If they have made made the decision to move on, it’s the right thing to do. Not winning anything this year, might as well roll out the backup.

about 5 or so pages ago there is a link stating that winston is still in their plans and could play again this year

Well, he exceeded his projection in my league...just - thanks to yardage.

And did better than who l left on the bench.

It was frustrating and almost FitzTragic, but he's not the reason I'm going to lose this week.

13 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

I still can’t understand why Fitz is getting so much hate for yesterday.  Sure he threw two pics and fumbled once but his accuracy was great and he did throw for 402. Yeah, red zone was tough sledding but correct me if I’m wrong, it wasn’t all his fault there was it?