papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Damn had to drop him last night assuming the worst.

Only 1 IL spot in my league and I got Demarcus in it.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite me.

Damn, might put a claim in and put him in my IL spot. I'd have to take Markannen off and figure out who to drop. I've had John Collins taking up a roster spot anyway, so its nothing I'm not used to. But could be a good stash. 

“Fortunately, tests performed this morning revealed that there are no fractures and only moderate ligament damage,” said Dr. O’Malley. “While the optics of this injury may have appeared to be more severe, surgery will not be required. Caris will begin a period of rehabilitation with the Nets’ performance staff, following which he is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.

My guess would be he is out for 8 weeks.  Not sure if he is going to have a minutes restriction when he is back, but if he does, he definitely will be back to regular minutes after all-star break.

Either way, so glad for him that it wasn't as serious as it looked!

• Like 4

LeVert is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.

per Nets official site

1 minute ago, FreeJordanBell said:

I dropped him and now he will get picked up off waiver by someone else, yup 

Hard to have foreseen this. I did the same thing. The injury looked season ending for sure.

I am so happy for the kid! But i will not rush to put a claim (number 3), after I waived him for Porter Jr. Nets will be very careful with him and will not rush him back.

7 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

I dropped him and now he will get picked up off waiver by someone else, yup 

You and me (and others as well).  It looked very gruesome but lesson learned here.  Wait for medical report next time instead of blurbs :(

Edited by gill2k

Just now, wallacesnoop said:

Seriously though, can anyone see him coming back full strength in < 2 months?

We have like 5 months left in the season, even if its 3 months he is worth a stash. I did say last night he is a lock to be out anywhere from 2 months-entire season and I am glad its not the season. 

Dude is wolverine if he comes back full strength around or before ASB. I too prematurely dropped him however my IR is taken up by Dunn so I'm not sure if I can roster two players with O tags. 

WOW... CRAZY. ALREADY DROPPED THOUGH. HAVE DEMARCUS COUSINS ON IR DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH A STASH HONESTLY. 

Dropped him last night and luckily was able to add Levert back a bit ago. I have Cuz and now Levert taking up my IR spots and guys like Collins, Barton and Westy taking up 3 dead spots on my team but who cares atp. I will be a team not to f with once I start getting guys back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Dropped him last night and luckily was able to add Levert back a bit ago. I have Cuz and now Levert taking up my IR spots and guys like Collins, Barton and Westy taking up 3 dead spots on my team but who cares atp. I will be a team not to f with once I start getting guys back. 

No waivers ?

Just now, FreeJordanBell said:

No waivers ?

Nope no waivers in this league luckily. 

5 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Moderate ligament damage. MODERATE. post all star he'll be playing 25-30 a night guaranteed. 

I hope you are right, but I expect Nets will lift mins restriction a little bit later - in march.

I almost dropped him last night too, but I was hoping it was a dislocation and not a structural damage after seeing the replay. Luckily it was not the latter. Get well soon!!!

• Like 1

I'm putting a waiver claim on him. F** it.  12 weeks max which should be right around ASB.

It only popped out the socket. Dislocations only look crazy. You can literally juss push it back in. Swollen and bruising, he'll easily be back post all star. 

"Usually, common treatment/recovery time for a dislocated patella is 4 to 6 weeks but this will also depend on the individual. Majority of people with a dislocated patella will recover with conservative treatment and will not require surgery."

https://www.joionline.net/trending/content/what-recovery-time-dislocated-patella

Holding for now for sure. Until there is more info.

• Like 1