papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Back to fantasy again. As a dynasty/keeper owner. I still assume that his value for this year is pretty much in the tank. I'd be surprised if he didn't miss more than 1/2 the remaining season.

That being said. Even if he plays just the final 3-4 weeks of the season, thats pretty huge if you have him as a keeper for next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Great news for Levert and the Nets!
However, I see the Nets taking a very very careful approach, even if they are in a playoff race for 8th seed.

Nonetheless, a great news for a young player with high potential. 

So you’re saying, the nets won’t be CARELESS with him ;)?

is he really worth a Waiver claim though? havent followed him much and have heard hes having a good year....but even still, ranked 91 on the year

not sure if using a #2 waiver on a guy and waiting until ASB...or if this will be the best waiver i come across all year

3 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

is he really worth a Waiver claim though? havent followed him much and have heard hes having a good year....but even still, ranked 91 on the year

not sure if using a #2 waiver on a guy and waiting until ASB...or if this will be the best waiver i come across all year

He was getting the job done, particularly if you drafted him late like most. I dropped him immediately last night (Cousins was hogging my IR [keeper league]) and I'm kind of regretting it now that a key opponent in my league now has Caris.

• Like 1

I'm in a 10-teamer, and I dropped him as well (had Markkanen in there)

I also own him in a salary cap league, where his value is super high with his low-salary cost. Happy to hear some good news

Depending on where you are and how healthy the rest of your team is, you make a call. 12 team ESPN 9cat so no IR spots and I am about at about .500, with an injury-nagging (but luscious, nonetheless) Steph Curry. So I dropped for Sexton, who I had drafted anyways. All depends on your league/circumstances though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

I owned him. His second last game was a dud because he bumped his knee on a drive. That was the only reason why Atkinson sat him. His last game was a dud because of the incident of course. LeVert was the real deal and was pretty much the only player you could bet on playing during crunch time. How fast he returns to that level is anyone's guess. 

Before those two games he was ranked in the 60's and was even ranked in the 40's during points of the season. 

Edited by aijuswanaseing

1 hour ago, lacit1707 said:

He was averaging 18 4 and 4 with 1.3 steals and 1.4 3's, and that is with the last 2 games counted (second last one he was injured and only played 20 min and last game he got injured during the game of course). Without those duds it was almost 20 5 and 4. I would still not use the waiver because he is going to be out a long time. Just keep tabs on him and add when you hear it will be only a few more weeks.

• Like 2

Will be picking him back up if no one claims him in my league. Holding onto Dunn also with no IR spot so it's tough.

• Haha 1

Why do people drop before even finding out what the diagnosis is? It is so strange to me it comes like a day later lol. 

4 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Why do people drop before even finding out what the diagnosis is? It is so strange to me it comes like a day later lol. 

Because it didnt look good, it is not a bad assumption.

And in competitive league, sometimes you have to judge quickly and pick the other guys instantly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

I don't drop too quickly and usually check for injury status especially for someone like LeVert.

But be honest, I (without any sports injury knowledge) was not expecting him to be able to come back this season after "watching" the injury....

and someone I want to add on my waiver wire. I dropped LeVert for him. 

I am regretting tho, but super happy for LeVert.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Figured I'd get a jump on the pool of FAs and also the replay was nauseating so I assumed he was done for the year like Gordy was 

I mean if they were there before, why wouldn't they be there after 1 night.... you are the only one in your league that would have lost LeVert. 

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

He was averaging 18 4 and 4 with 1.3 steals and 1.4 3's, and that is with the last 2 games counted (second last one he was injured and only played 20 min and last game he got injured during the game of course). Without those duds it was almost 20 5 and 4. I would still not use the waiver because he is going to be out a long time. Just keep tabs on him and add when you hear it will be only a few more weeks.

im hesitant to use it based on the length of time and if someone else goes down on my team, im screwed...

im thinking to risk him going unclaimed and scoop him without using my ww.... still have two days to decide.

1 hour ago, bsu27 said:

I mean if they were there before, why wouldn't they be there after 1 night.... you are the only one in your league that would have lost LeVert. 

Not every league is FAAB

1 hour ago, bsu27 said:

I missed on RHJ waiting for the news

5 hours ago, ItsOjMang said:

"Usually, common treatment/recovery time for a dislocated patella is 4 to 6 weeks but this will also depend on the individual. Majority of people with a dislocated patella will recover with conservative treatment and will not require surgery."

https://www.joionline.net/trending/content/what-recovery-time-dislocated-patella

Holding for now for sure. Until there is more info.

Patella is the knee, not ankle.

I dropped in a 10-teamer, and have no regrets. 2-3 months possibly..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st1010 said:

Patella is the knee, not ankle.

I dropped in a 10-teamer, and have no regrets. 2-3 months possibly..

Regret is possible, just like it's possible for him to be back without a minutes restriction after all star break. :)

• Haha 1