papocrain

Caris LeVert 2018-2019 Season Outlook

When he first got injured I was concerned that they would take him really slow, lots of rest, etc. But with the Nets actually being in the playoff picture I would say there's a chance that he is back to full speed by the end of the season to prepare for the playoffs. Either way not expecting much but the Nets winning definitely has me feeling more optimistic than before.

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

They're saying Feb 21 now.

In any case, his ownership is starting to spike again. I'm a bit conflicted without hearing any solid reports or timelines, but I feel some news could drop at any given time that he's ramping up for a return.

Yeah, wish we knew at least what sort of activities he's doing. The Nets are keeping completely quiet, zero status updates. Based on my understanding though, mid-to-late Jan would've been a reasonable return date for an ankle dislocation. I picked him up a couple weeks ago with that hope. Blegh.

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

When he first got injured I was concerned that they would take him really slow, lots of rest, etc. But with the Nets actually being in the playoff picture I would say there's a chance that he is back to full speed by the end of the season to prepare for the playoffs. Either way not expecting much but the Nets winning definitely has me feeling more optimistic than before.

Exact same thing I was thinking.

57 minutes ago, hoop said:

Yeah, wish we knew at least what sort of activities he's doing. The Nets are keeping completely quiet, zero status updates. Based on my understanding though, mid-to-late Jan would've been a reasonable return date for an ankle dislocation. I picked him up a couple weeks ago with that hope. Blegh.

I think you'll start to hear more noise towards the end of the month and then we can expect him back after the break.

if it helps somehow, he looks ok judging by his instagram stories

• Like 1

Interesting... time to try and trade him haha. My league mates are suckers for players ABOUT to return

• Like 1

Time to add or stash?

6 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Time to add or stash?

I assume you don’t have an IR spot. Add at your own risk, the Nets haven’t disclosed s--- about Levert since his injury, so it’s hard to tell how close he is. Maybe they’ll give an update now that he’s actually spotted at shootaround. Plus we don’t know how he’ll be eased in or how he’ll perform.

If you’re doing well in the standings and can afford a player to drop, maybe pick him up.

Nice. Can't wait for him to return, mostly to rub it in my friend's face bc he dropped him like 2 weeks ago but kept Dwight Howard instead lol. 

What do you guys expect from him when he gets back and returns to form? Excluding his last 2 games (a blowout vs GSW where he only played 20 min and the game in which he got injured, where he only played 16 min), he was averaging 20.3 PTS (1.6 3s), 4.4 REB, 4 AST, 1.4 STL, .4 BLK, and 2.3 TOV (only 11 games). That's good for 50-55ish in PPGs in my league. I think those numbers will decrease significantly even when after he's re-acclimated and playing full minutes. Dinwiddie and Russell have really upped their game, Carroll is now healthy, and Kurucs has emerged as a good bench player. 

Caris was added in my league after the report. These damned injuries on my team! I lost my favorite pick this season...

tenor.gif?itemid=10373479

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2019 at 1:45 PM, hipriest69 said:

What was his ranking before the injury?

On season average it’s #96. I wouldn’t mention that he’s not ranked top 30 on here though otherwise they chuck a lil hissy fit. Good player in real though. Hopefully he makes a full recovery which he should. 

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

On season average it’s #96. I wouldn’t mention that he’s not ranked top 30 on here though otherwise they chuck a lil hissy fit. Good player in real though. Hopefully he makes a full recovery which he should. 

In my league he's ranked 70th by season average. Consider that he only played 12 games and that 2 of those games were atypical (scored 4 against nyk, played 20 min against GSW in a blowout loss), plus he was injured in a 3rd. If you go by the other 9 games, he's prob top 50 in my league. That's probably closer to what he could've been.

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

In my league he's ranked 70th by season average. Consider that he only played 12 games and that 2 of those games were atypical (scored 4 against nyk, played 20 min against GSW in a blowout loss), plus he was injured in a 3rd. If you go by the other 9 games, he's prob top 50 in my league. That's probably closer to what he could've been.

Yeah, I was just looking at this. If we exclude his injury-struck game and the just prior GSW blowout where the starters played 20ish minutes, he's ends up being #47 in standard 9-cat.

Uncertain he'll produce top 50 rest of season, but still excited that I picked him up!

5 minutes ago, hoop said:

Yeah, I was just looking at this. If we exclude his injury-struck game and the just prior GSW blowout where the starters played 20ish minutes, he's ends up being #47 in standard 9-cat.

Uncertain he'll produce top 50 rest of season, but still excited that I picked him up!

Probably not ROS but possibly the last 2-3 weeks before the playoffs and on, unless he returns before the ASB. He couldn't run on a busted ankle so his conditioning is worse than if he was running from say an elbow injury.

My only issue is its the Nets.  Crabbe seems to be close to a return for like a month or more now.   Im guessing in 4 to 5 weeks we see him which is a long hold for some. 

27 minutes ago, nadertime78 said:

My only issue is its the Nets.  Crabbe seems to be close to a return for like a month or more now.   Im guessing in 4 to 5 weeks we see him which is a long hold for some. 

And the fact the fantasy playoffs get underway not long after. Doesn't leave much time to get it going. 

I think the Nets will priortise bringing him along slowly with a view to having him up to speed for the NBA playoffs. Maybe they bring him back a little sooner if a top 8 seed is in the balance.

I'm not sure there is much fantasy value to be extracted here this season.

Edited by flat_eric

a post ASB return would be fine with me, especially if over the next month he was ramping up conditioning and 5 on 5 praticing