MrBean

Jrue Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 2/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, dekciw_1 said:

Im looking at the rankings mostly.

Jrue is ranked #20 in 9cat.

Trae is #179

Filter by last two weeks not by season long.  I would still prefer Holiday in roto because people don’t realize how harmful Young FG/To is.  In H2H just punt FG/To and Young is a first round player. 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Filter by last two weeks not by season long.  I would still prefer Holiday in roto because people don’t realize how harmful Young FG/To is.  In H2H just punt FG/To and Young is a first round player. 

I doubt punting Fg/to will ever work for someone to win a champ tbh.

50 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

I doubt punting Fg/to will ever work for someone to win a champ tbh.

I’ve seen it work dozens of times.  If that’s not your thing, fine.   To say it will never work is hyperbolic.  

Just now, mchspd3 said:

do you think he would be shut down the rest of season?

he is their future.

He's done for the season. NOP has nothing left to play for..

• Like 1

traded jrue for jimmy and it looks like its about to pay off especially since I'm playing the guy in playoffs next week

Edited by babyfaceassasin

Absolutely brutal my man, way to go just in time for the first round next week. Good thing is I'm a high seed, and hopefully I can win next week without this stud but if things get shaky mid next week I'll have to drop. He has been a machine and its a shame for us fantasy owners. 

You all really think he won't play again? Dropping right now for a guy with a solid PO sched seems a sensible move if that is indeed the direction, I would'nt want to hold him next week and wait for nothing. 

drop or hold and pray?

what worries me is that the status is at least 7-10 days and not at most 7-10 days.

Guys don't overthink it. He's done. They aren't trying to make playoffs and an "injury" is the perfect excuse to shut him down. They're risking playing AD, they aren't going to do that with Jrue. It blows but let's move on. 

10 minutes ago, justblazedawg said:

Guys don't overthink it. He's done. They aren't trying to make playoffs and an "injury" is the perfect excuse to shut him down. They're risking playing AD, they aren't going to do that with Jrue. It blows but let's move on. 

Not to brag, but I'm the first seed in my league and I think there is a possibility I can still hold next week for the win. Or should I play it safe and get a 4 game streamer instead in his slot? We are in a deep league and Shamet is a decent replacement I'm eyeing who has a good PO sched also, but of course less assists and steals than Jrue. 

It would especially suck if I drop Jrue only to have him play on the second week of the POs on a different team, but it would also suck if you had the first seed and bomb out of the first round also haha. I'm in a dilemma here. Jrue was a beast - ranked 12th I think. 

1 minute ago, SicarioSanity said:

Not to brag, but I'm the first seed in my league and I think there is a possibility I can still hold next week for the win. Or should I play it safe and get a 4 game streamer instead in his slot? We are in a deep league and Shamet is a decent replacement I'm eyeing who has a good PO sched also, but of course less assists and steals than Jrue. 

It would especially suck if I drop Jrue only to have him play on the second week of the POs on a different team, but it would also suck if you had the first seed and bomb out of the first round also haha. I'm in a dilemma here. Jrue was a beast - ranked 12th I think. 

I'm first as well, I dropped. Don't have time for this BS, got myself a new streaming spot.

I'd say there's about an 85-90% chance that he's done for the season.

The reports are saying he's out at least 7-10 days, meaning best case scenario, he'd probably return mid-week of Round 2 of the fantasy playoffs...

With them practically shutting down AD, NOP isn't going to rush Jrue back...Just to play 10 meaningless games at the end of the season.

Yahoo still has him on the Can't Cut List...which is annoying.

• Like 1

I don't own Jrue but I genuinely feel for you owners. This is what kills a h2h season with pure unpredictable nonsense. When these type of full shutdowns happen to top 20 studs out of nowhere it's terrible. I have had this happen many times over the years. Then you lose to some trash team who picks up jrues replacement or something and want to quit fantasy forever lol. Somehow I keep going back to h2h though and don't play roto. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

I don't own Jrue but I genuinely feel for you owners. This is what kills a h2h season with pure unpredictable nonsense. When these type of full shutdowns happen to top 20 studs out of nowhere it's terrible. I have had this happen many times over the years. Then you lose to some trash team who picks up jrues replacement or something and want to quit fantasy forever lol. Somehow I keep going back to h2h though and don't play roto. 

I feel like these shutdowns are fairly predictable. After the NBA trade deadline you should start unloading the shutdown risks. This year there aren't that many, just maybe Conley and Jrue. I think this actually shows that H2H takes more planning and foresight because you need to plan for every possible eventuality. Luck is always a factor in fantasy, but you can still increase your margin for error by building a superior team - like the Warriors in real life.

• Like 1