dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

For such a young guy, his mid range game is insane.

Got this smooth a** lil back spin space seperator scoop/floater shot thing he does so well. Seen dude bank like 3 shots last night effortlessly against Warriors D using this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, fabrar said:

The starting job is his for the foreseeable future. He played with poise and focus last night against the best team in the league. Doesn't make a lot of rookie mistakes and his defense is on point. He'll keep getting big minutes and usage. There will still probably be a few duds here and there but I'm in for the long haul. I think after the ASB he'll go beast mode. 

Hah.. Was about to make a post with exactly this same word to describe how he looks on the court. Calm and collected.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BETTAFISH said:

ESPN FBB is so trash. I begrudgingly play in a league on there every year. It seems to get more annoying every time. The new site redesign is atrocious/unusable and why is my guy Shai still only a freaking PG? 

The new interface is more than useless... wtf did they even do? Theres nothing new thats good just makes everything more difficult to use

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDatDude said:

For such a young guy, his mid range game is insane.

Got this smooth a** lil back spin space seperator scoop/floater shot thing he does so well. Seen dude bank like 3 shots last night effortlessly against Warriors D using this

When I watch him I feel like I'm watching a player from the 90's. That sort of hightop haircut, the shorts that look like they're too small, the smooth moves on the court, midrange game, solid defense... He definitely would have exceled in that era. I love watching this kid. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

He doesnt seem to do much in the later half of the 4th quarter and in OT.

In the win against Milwaukee the game before he made a 3 and knocked down 2 ft all with under 2 min left in 4th. Then in OT he knocked down a triple and with 16 seconds left in a tie game blocked Bledsoe’s shot...which helped set up the Lou game winner.

Edited by HK-47

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

When I watch him I feel like I'm watching a player from the 90's. That sort of hightop haircut, the shorts that look like they're too small, the smooth moves on the court, midrange game, solid defense... He definitely would have exceled in that era. I love watching this kid

And how much of that has to do with the shorts that look like they're too small? ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

When I watch him I feel like I'm watching a player from the 90's. That sort of hightop haircut, the shorts that look like they're too small, the smooth moves on the court, midrange game, solid defense... He definitely would have exceled in that era. I love watching this kid. 

WOW ! You're so right man ! 

1 hour ago, 80version said:
2 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

When I watch him I feel like I'm watching a player from the 90's. That sort of hightop haircut, the shorts that look like they're too small, the smooth moves on the court, midrange game, solid defense... He definitely would have exceled in that era. I love watching this kid

And how much of that has to do with the shorts that look like they're too small? ;)

Aaaaahahhah good1 :D  

tenor.gif?itemid=5583470

Edited by Stefan

5 hours ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Hah.. Was about to make a post with exactly this same word to describe how he looks on the court. Calm and collected.

Seeing this on opening night is what made me comfortable dropping Ricky Rubio for him, which got me a whole lot of crap at the time. It's looking a whole lot less crazy now. 

15 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Should i drop Hayward or Sweet Lou for this kid?

I'd probably drop Hayward if you don't think he will shake the rust off. The kid shows flashes of helping you in every category, and the fantasy community tends to not go hype crazy until it's too late and the savvy players have already snatched them off of the wire. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Top 5 player in the league?

Can I have whatever you are smoking?

Haha.

im on the Shai express!

I think doc rivers sees something in him to give the starting job over. 

I play in a competitive money league and have watched every searchable video/interview of Shai and listening to him break down his game is very impressive.

like I said, this kid has focus and to me that’s the difference maker.

it doesn’t take long for a guy with talent to make the leap and become a top player in the league. The good ones have that impact and I think this kid is going to be the standout from this talented rookie class.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jim james said:

Haha.

im on the Shai express!

I think doc rivers sees something in him to give the starting job over. 

I play in a competitive money league and have watched every searchable video/interview of Shai and listening to him break down his game is very impressive.

like I said, this kid has focus and to me that’s the difference maker.

it doesn’t take long for a guy with talent to make the leap and become a top player in the league. The good ones have that impact and I think this kid is going to be the standout from this talented rookie class.

I'm not defending the Top 5 talk -- but, let's not forget what kind of impact Mitchell had last season as a rookie -- and while he played very well, a lot of his success was simply making the most of ample opportunity.

Shai has already demonstrated the ability to influence the game through in all facets of the court and is now being given the opportunity.

Could be a big year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

More like Shai Gorgeous-Alexander

no homo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Next up, SF eligibility! 

Thanks to those who pushed for SG.

Yes please, my SF rotation is a**, starring Danny Green.

De nada, I used 3 votes for SG.

Shy Gorgeous-Alexander :wub:

2 hours ago, DrGonzo said:

He has been given SG on Yahoo now. 

Sheesh, we can’t even get profile pic for the kid on ESPN. (Smh)

• Like 1