dboong

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

If I'm scoring it right: If he has great games he'll be the greatest PG ever.....if he has bad games, he'll be out of the league in a couple years.   

I feel like the norm is for rookies to struggle throughout their 1st season, some less and some more.   So maybe he's just a 20 year old who has shown flashes of incredible potential which may not be fully realized for a couple years.  That's better than a 20 year old who has looked overwhelmed and over-matched. 

I think SGA will be a top 50-75 player when all is said and done , being able to provide out of position stats , which come at a premium for some team builds. 

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Man you guys overhyped him way too much. Typical. One dude actually said this guy will be a top 5 player in the NBA in a few years lol

And with that being stated, I'm still not dropping him. He can fill a stat sheet. If you gotta' strong squad you can afford to keep him in 12 team leagues. I don't see top 5 in the next few years though. That's saying a lot!

Yahoo 12 team/ H2H/9 cat

PG: Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio, Shai-Gilgeous Alexander, Collin Sexton

SG: Andrew Wiggins, Justin Holiday, Kris Middleton, Shai-Gilgeous Alexander

SF: Andrew Wiggins, Kris Middleton, Justin Holiday, Harrison Barnes

PF: Aaron Gordon, Harrison Barnes, Derrick Favors, Dwight Howard

C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Wendell Carter Jr., Derrick Favors, Dwight Howard

Saying Top 5 in the NBA, or NOT makes no sense. 

He has the skills, length, and athletic ability to fill the crap out of a box score, and he's 20 years old.  That's what we know. I think he could be the most well-rounded player of this draft.

2 hours ago, HulkSmash said:

Saying Top 5 in the NBA, or NOT makes no sense. 

He has the skills, length, and athletic ability to fill the crap out of a box score, and he's 20 years old.  That's what we know. I think he could be the most well-rounded player of this draft.

LOL doncic ***** on this dude

• Haha 1

I want to apologize for all SGA owners for owning him. My team weekly goes into hibernation every weekend. 

SGA and a couple other rookies like Trae are apart of that hibernation. 

Continue to expect big things during the week, but when your matches get close in crunch time of the weekend expect complete duds. 

Once again.... I'm sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I want to apologize for all SGA owners for owning him. My team weekly goes into hibernation every weekend. 

Continue to expect big things during the week, but when your matches get close in crunch time of the weekend expect complete duds. 

Apology accepted. Unless you slipped some laxatives into the guy's drink your actions have no consequence whatsoever.

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You are correct, in crunch time you want numbers and SGA didn't provide that this week, but like I stated previously if you have a strong supporting cast surrounding him you shouldn't have a problem. If you relying on SGA to win your week, well you might wanna look at your squad. I'm not dropping him, just me though. Collin Sexton either. He really has the green light where LAC is competing. Come Jan. til ROS, owners may regret dropping him.

Not sure if its been mentioned, by SGA now has SG eligibility on ESPN.

Still no headshot though :lol:

Low 3s,reb and assist,his stat not too impressive even without gallo...umm

I think if you actually watch him play and don't just box score/stat watch, you'll see how insane his skills are. I get that fantasy is stat driven but I think people just need to wait because he's already got an incredible foundation to build upon and he's only 20. Inconsistency is part of the process , but man, when he is fully realized, he'll be special. 

• Like 6

Yeah I think doc and the clippers org are all in on this guy as their PG of the future. He'll get the minutes and usage, just needs to utilize them and produce. 

• Like 3

I like this kid. Have seen two games now, and the way he handles the ball inside the paint is really something. He's not rushing it, he's feeling out his opponent, and makes reasonable plays. Also he uses his body the right way, creates separation and makes easy lay ups against smaller defenders. 

• Like 1

Its so much dynasty gravy I want more. I want to see him at 2+ stks. I want some 4 asts. I want a 3 per and I want it now! (or if not now, then in the playoffs ppls)

51 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

sexy line

Indeed but I sure wouldn’t mind just a few more assists.

13 minutes ago, Cozie said:

Indeed but I sure wouldn’t mind just a few more assists.

That's the only nitpick I have with his game right now but it's minor and I'm sure the dimes will come soon. 

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

That's the only nitpick I have with his game right now but it's minor and I'm sure the dimes will come soon. 

He averaged over 5 dimes per game in college. They should come.

anyone else always read his name as "Shy Gorgeous? "

just me?

oohh kaayyyyyy

*exits thread*

• Haha 1