Rotoworld.com Forums

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ESPN can't get this guy a headshot 5 weeks into the season there's no way you're getting another position tag.

It's so easy to spot those who missed out on SGA. 

Look at how he reads the defense. Doesn't rush his shots. Uses his length (7 ft wingspan) and timing to block Middleton and Bledsoe.  This kid doesn't play like a rookie and needs to be rostered in

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Isaacxhan said:

Should this guy not be sitting on the waivers for a 10 team? I'm only seeing that he's a must add for 12 teams.

He absolutely needs to be rostered in 10-teams as well. He's probably better than a lot of last 2 round of picks. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Isaacxhan said:

Should this guy not be sitting on the waivers for a 10 team? I'm only seeing that he's a must add for 12 teams.

10 teams, actually plays a lot on my team since im depleted at the sg spot

18 minutes ago, Stefan said:

@royalm Don't be suprised... it is what it is... 
SGA is (at the moment) waaaaay better fantasy contributor than Hayward !

Key words: at the moment. You aren't winning any leagues with that kind of mindset

Edited by royalm
12 minutes ago, royalm said:

Key words: at the moment. You aren't winning any leagues with that kind of mindset

Aaaam yes it is actually... IMO right mindset is taking chances and thinking outside the box...

There's no clear indication that Hayward could perform much, much, much better than this (in the near future)... you can only hope for it... 

Boston is stacked team... and Gordon just isn't confident in his game right now...

On the other hand... SGA is growing more and more as a player in every game... He has extremely fantasy friendly game... out of position stats... and most importantly his teammates and coaches beleve in him SO MUCH !

Edited by Stefan
26 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Aaaam yes it is actually... IMO right mindset is taking chances and thinking outside the box...

There's no clear indication that Hayward could perform much, much, much better than this (in the near future)... you can only hope for it... 

Boston is stacked team... and Gordon just isn't confident in his game right now...

On the other hand... SGA is growing more and more as a player in every game... He has extremely fantasy friendly game... out of position stats... and most importantly his teammates and coaches beleve in him SO MUCH !

5 minutes ago, richg24 said:

He will out produce hayward all season tho...

"right now" There those biased words are again. 

Lmao "will"? Sure there's a chance he might, but you're not a genie with a crystal ball. 

I do realize this is a SGA thread and ppl are always over-optimistic about their latest waiver pickup so I'll just leave this at that. If SGA is better than Hayward, so be it. I don't think it's happening but it's not a hill I'm willing to die on.

6 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

It's so easy to spot those who missed out on SGA. 

Actually, I told my friend to pick him up cause I had no drops. I have no reason to root against him (except you stans)

Edited by royalm

@royalm The point is... Hayward is having so many things working against him from day 1 this season...

1) plays on a stacked team

2) has obviously lack of confidence,

3) health issues

4) bad form

5) looming rest days... etc, etc...

Edited by Stefan
2 hours ago, royalm said:

Actually, I told my friend to pick him up cause I had no drops. I have no reason to root against him (except you stans)

Who said I was talking about you?  And my name isn't Stan ;) 

But now that you've outed yourself as a non-SGA owner , in here arguing about SGA vs. Hayward : 

Anyone who thinks Hayward would ever return a similar value to what he was in Utah is mistaken, at least while he's in Boston (for however much longer that is) @Stefan has the right idea. SGA has Doc's trust and an upside that Hayward does not have this year. Even with Rookie ups and downs, SGA's role is much more stable than Hayward's. Unless Hayward gets moved to an ideal situation where he can be the "guy" , he's a inconsistent bum. 

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

Who said I was talking about you?  And my name isn't Stan ;) 

But now that you've outed yourself as a non-SGA owner , in here arguing about SGA vs. Hayward : 

Anyone who thinks Hayward would ever return a similar value to what he was in Utah is mistaken, at least while he's in Boston (for however much longer that is) @Stefan has the right idea. SGA has Doc's trust and an upside that Hayward does not have this year. Even with Rookie ups and downs, SGA's role is much more stable than Hayward's. Unless Hayward gets moved to an ideal situation where he can be the "guy" , he's a inconsistent bum. 

??? You're not witty

Why does it matter if I rostered SGA or not when I thought highly enough of his upside to tell my friend whose team is struggling to grab him?

It's just not reasonable to say he'll be definitively better than Hayward at this point in the season. Take away the name from SGA's game log and you'd see "inconsistent bum" from his stats so far. Not to say he won't be better, but the bias is real if you're being honest with yourself.

6 minutes ago, royalm said:

??? You're not witty

Why does it matter if I rostered SGA or not when I thought highly enough of his upside to tell my friend whose team is struggling to grab him?

It's just not reasonable to say he'll be definitively better than Hayward at this point in the season. Take away the name from SGA's game log and you'd see "inconsistent bum" from his stats so far. Not to say he won't be better, but the bias is real if you're being honest with yourself.

Your insult bores me

I mean are we not comparing a former All-Star to a rookie? For whom should we have a higher standard set?  Should not Hayward be producing at a much higher level? Do rookies not battle for playing time and becoming consistent ?   No one said SGA would be perfect or consistent or even a top 50 player this year. And being inconsistent and inconsistent bum are 2 different things.   I expect SGA to be inconsistent but as the season progresses I see that inconsistency wane (barring injury of course) ,  compared to what Hayward should be doing, he's an inconsistent bum and will let his owners down.  SGA shows a level of basketball IQ, athleticism and talent on the court which will keep him on the floor for a ton of minutes , Hayward is a shell of himself and has become ok with playing the bench because he knows his best days are behind him (while stuck in Boston).  SGA gives owners hope and a future,  Hayward gives his owners nausea and indigestion. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, royalm said:

??? You're not witty

In the wise words of Master Joda: inconsistent bum he is not... in his first 8 career starts:

image.png.7f8c0bf3aa6d241032c6e5d7d3b206fb.png

If u ask me ... significantly better than Haywardimage.png.90f270808b3135a3cfc27015e56b83ee.png

9 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

Your insult bores me

I mean are we not comparing a former All-Star to a rookie? For whom should we have a higher standard set?  Should not Hayward be producing at a much higher level? Do rookies not battle for playing time and becoming consistent ?   No one said SGA would be perfect or consistent or even a top 50 player this year. And being inconsistent and inconsistent bum are 2 different things.   I expect SGA to be inconsistent but as the season progresses I see that inconsistency wane (barring injury of course) ,  compared to what Hayward should be doing, he's an inconsistent bum and will let his owners down.  SGA shows a level of basketball IQ, athleticism and talent on the court which will keep him on the floor for a ton of minutes , Hayward is a shell of himself and has become ok with playing the bench because he knows his best days are behind him (while stuck in Boston).  SGA gives owners hope and a future,  Hayward gives his owners nausea and indigestion. 

I didn't say anything about standards. Inconsistent bum were also your words...could it be that you're a sufferer of nausea and ingestion?

Anyways, I'm just gonna block and leave cause wasting time here isn't worth it.

• Haha 1

Man,

Who cares SGA v. Heyward.

- Heyward is clearly a disappointment this season. His team is deep and he will be coddled for potentially deep playoff run. Many people paid premiums for Heyward.

- SGA is locked into an essential role. His development is key to the team/coach's success and tenure. Many people paid close to nothing for him.

Ya, I guess we can push this SGA is better argument -- but, why bother when most SGA owners already won by NOT drafting Heyward AND also PICKING UP SGA for nothing. 

Heyward is a tremendous RL BBaller -- but, he isn't set up for anything close to the fantasy success that SGA is. Context, context, context. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2