SicarioSanity

TJ Warren 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The Los Angeles Lakers are engaged in talks trying to acquire Phoenix Suns forward Trevor Ariza, league sources told ESPN. 

The teams have been working to reach an agreement with a third team that would take on Lakers guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope as part of a potentially larger deal, league sources said. 

The Suns want to land a playmaking guard and a draft asset as the price of unloading Ariza, sources said. Phoenix and Los Angeles have made progress in third-team scenarios, although no agreements are close and both teams remain active in multiple trade discussions throughout the league, sources said. 

No trade can be completed officially until Saturday, when players like Ariza, who were signed in summer free agency, become eligible to be traded.

4 hours ago, papocrain said:

When Ariza is gone, his numbers should go up. Now let's just hope he's going to be healthy from here on. 

Not necessarily. TJ is mostly playing the 4 spot, and was already playing around 35-40 mins per game and shooting 15 to 20 attempts when healthy. With JJ in the starting lineup, i think TJ's rebounds will decrease a little bit and with a new point guard coming in via the ariza trade, his already small amount of assists will get limited as well. Optimistically, i hope his stats won't decrease but there is a strong chance it's gonna dip a little.

Higher usage , Higher chance of getting hurt.  If he could ever stay healthy he'd be a really nice player but man, there's almost no player I expect to get hurt more than Warren. 

Let's hope for the best for TJ and our sakes.  I'd rather see him play 30 min a night and stay healthy than get hurt again playing 40 min a game.

2 hours ago, MynameisMudd said:

Higher usage , Higher chance of getting hurt.  If he could ever stay healthy he'd be a really nice player but man, there's almost no player I expect to get hurt more than Warren

I believe Gallinowie still owns this dubious distinction. 

7 minutes ago, 80version said:

I believe Gallinowie still owns this dubious distinction. 

Touche. but if averages play out, I expect Warren to play in only 30-35 more games.   His history of concussions also scares me I think he's had 2-3 already ; every time I watch him play I cringe when I see him drive or initiate contact. 

Just now, python3 said:

Could have done without an ejection

What did he do??

1 minute ago, python3 said:

Mouthed off to ref.

Sick, I need that. smh

15 hours ago, MynameisMudd said:

Higher usage , Higher chance of getting hurt.  If he could ever stay healthy he'd be a really nice player but man, there's almost no player I expect to get hurt more than Warren. 

AD says hello!

imjury risk comes with any player - but this guy when plays is legit! Very underrated and flies under the radar because he is not flashy.. been trying to buy low for a couple of weeks now but the ariza trade rumour has shut that down! 

People also forget he’s only 25 and still not peaked yet - this might be the start of his best run yet

He should be good to go for tomorrow since he probably didn’t even have to shower tonight. 

9 hours ago, Fantasyvirgin said:

AD says hello!

imjury risk comes with any player - but this guy when plays is legit! Very underrated and flies under the radar because he is not flashy.. been trying to buy low for a couple of weeks now but the ariza trade rumour has shut that down! 

People also forget he’s only 25 and still not peaked yet - this might be the start of his best run yet

Ya he's looked better but again , when you're dealing with a player who has had 2-3 concussions and a myriad of injuries , it's hard to project him staying out there the rest of the season. Every hard hit, every time he lands, it's going to be a crapshoot

6 hours ago, MynameisMudd said:

Ya he's looked better but again , when you're dealing with a player who has had 2-3 concussions and a myriad of injuries , it's hard to project him staying out there the rest of the season. Every hard hit, every time he lands, it's going to be a crapshoot

On what basis are you making this statement.. sounds like you missed out on him or sold too early

even the most healthiest of player can get “hit hard” or have an unlucky injury .. injuries are unpredictable.. what’s predictable is that you have a guy who will play big minutes consistently and give you solid stats .. he has great attitude and work ethic and you can see the work he put in the off season is now contributing to his growth and success 

Edited by Fantasyvirgin
Spelling
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fantasyvirgin said:

On what basis are you making this statement.. sounds like you missed out on him or sold too early

even the most healthiest of player can get “hit hard” or have an unlucky injury .. injuries are unpredictable.. what’s predictable is that you have a guy who will play big minutes consistently and give you solid stats .. he has great attitude and work ethic and you can see the work he put in the off season is now contributing to his growth and success 

Josh Jackson disagrees :lol:

33 minutes ago, Fantasyvirgin said:

I haven't owned him at all this year, nor did I plan to.  I get that you own him and so desire to think only the highest thoughts about Warren. When he is healthy, he's a good player and he's shown improvement this year , that's 100% true.  And sure you can say that any player can get injured on any play , but when you have articles written specifically about what's wrong , or not wrong, with you head alluding to concussions,  it might be something to consider when you own a player getting more usage . https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018/9/15/17864310/whats-up-with-t-j-warrens-head-phoenix-suns-nba-basketball.  (article was before the season) 

Whether or not he gets hurt is beyond our control but his head injury history is not a non-issue.  I think he's a good player but if I'm an owner trying to trade for him, which I'm not, I'm making the trade knowing that he's only played 218 game in his first 4 seasons.