SicarioSanity

TJ Warren 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, yeet said:

wtf man. can you not put up back to back duds when I'm playing the first seed.

 

At least wait until the end of the game lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

At least wait until the end of the game lol

Little do you know, he read my comment and turned it up. So you're welcome.

Edited by yeet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game for TJWar, putting up stats across the board:

 

23pts-5reb-5ast, 2stl-1blk-3threes, 0.529fg% (9/17), 1.000ft% (2/2), 1tov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bygbukfan07 said:

wrong thread, my bad

Wrong thread but why is this even a question with your punts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massively slumping. Also, this is exactly what I was scared of. Oubre might not play the same position as TJ, but that guy is a usage black hole.

Edited by ellejamil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Massively slumping. Also, this is exactly what I was scared of. Oubre might not play the same position as TJ, but that guy is a usage black hole.

Don't really see Oubre as being the reason Warren has sucked over the past week.  Warren still got 16 shots tonight.  The issue is that only 5 of them went in, not that he wasn't getting enough shots because of Oubre.

 

Warren is too good of a shooter to be concerned.  It's not because of his 3-point shooting either as, while it hasn't been good lately, the vast majority of his misses have been from inside the 3-point line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Don't really see Oubre as being the reason Warren has sucked over the past week.  Warren still got 16 shots tonight.  The issue is that only 5 of them went in, not that he wasn't getting enough shots because of Oubre.

 

Warren is too good of a shooter to be concerned.  It's not because of his 3-point shooting either as, while it hasn't been good lately, the vast majority of his misses have been from inside the 3-point line.

Yeah I spoke too soon. Posted this during halftime, when he only had like 7 shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Yeah I spoke too soon. Posted this during halftime, when he only had like 7 shots.

It's all good.  I was just pointing out that you were overreacting. :)

 

Oddly enough, it almost would have been better if he took several less shots.  Oh well.  I'll still take the 2 Steals and 2 Blocks.

Edited by KilloWertz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It's all good.  I was just pointing out that you were overreacting. :)

 

Oddly enough, it almost would have been better if he took several less shots.  Oh well.  I'll still take the 2 Steals and 2 Blocks.

True. It was just too bad for my trade offers this week when I included him as a sweetener.

 

Realistically though, is no one worried about his ROS outlook in the tanking Suns? i understand that there's really no one else in the team who can offer his skillset, but his minutes can still go down. What if they want to experiment with an Ayton-Holmes frontcourt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

True. It was just too bad for my trade offers this week when I included him as a sweetener.

 

Realistically though, is no one worried about his ROS outlook in the tanking Suns? i understand that there's really no one else in the team who can offer his skillset, but his minutes can still go down. What if they want to experiment with an Ayton-Holmes frontcourt?

 

Not worried about TJ at all.  Dude is a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ellejamil said:

True. It was just too bad for my trade offers this week when I included him as a sweetener.

 

Realistically though, is no one worried about his ROS outlook in the tanking Suns? i understand that there's really no one else in the team who can offer his skillset, but his minutes can still go down. What if they want to experiment with an Ayton-Holmes frontcourt?

Not really.  I could maybe slightly understand if Warren was an older veteran, but he's only 25.  He's undoubtedly a major part of their future along with Ayton and Booker, or at least for however long his contract is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing that has trended down is his FG% and points, but shots, stocks, and other stats have largely stayed the same in Jan - would chalk it up to a shooting slump for the time being. Not overly worried.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simon said:

Got this from a reddit comment 

 

 

This is what I was concerned about, though my thought was incomplete. Hypothesis: It seems like in any given team's rotation (8-10), you can really only afford to have one spot up/off ball scorer average close to 20ppg but <2ast without damaging the other. On top of my head, Klay, Hield, Barnes, BojBog, Otto, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This is what I was concerned about, though my thought was incomplete. Hypothesis: It seems like in any given team's rotation (8-10), you can really only afford to have one spot up/off ball scorer average close to 20ppg but <2ast without damaging the other. On top of my head, Klay, Hield, Barnes, BojBog, Otto, etc.

There's only 30 players that average 20+ points for the season. Also, TJ has scored 20+ multiple times with Oubre in the lineup logging 25-30 min. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think Oubre, and Jackson both affect TJ...they're both chuckers and usage monsters.  TJ seems to let the game come to him...efficient...has been missing some close range shots and rimming out some 3's, so I think when those start to fall again his scoring will rise.  But he's still playing the most minutes on the whole team some nights, which is a good sign. Right now the stocks are also keeping his value high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...