SicarioSanity

TJ Warren 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 1/24/2019 at 5:17 PM, OKCFan2005 said:

How do you email/get in touch with them? Its obviously up to date on the blurbs but not when it comes to the player. Would be nice if yahoo would take this seriously 

The blurb updates are synced directly with rotoworld and automatically updated...an injury designation is a totally different task.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, q6174 said:

why top 3?

Has had a recurring ankle issue all year to the same ankle, lottery/tanking team and Warren is only 25. Really a very bad recipe. 

Any word on when TJ will be back. I know there’s no rush but I need him back out there so he has a little trade value. 

24 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Any word on when TJ will be back. I know there’s no rush but I need him back out there so he has a little trade value. 

Based on the initial 2-3 week estimate they gave at the time of injury... you'd figure by sometime next week.  

Edited by sitegnalp

58 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

The 8th is the two week mark, so you would think sometime after that.

Doubt they would bring him back a game or two before the break.

I will be actively shopping TJ once/if he stays healthy for a good week and is productive. 

Nice to see actual news about him, even if it is about him being out for their next game.  It had been a while since anybody said anything, even in regards to practice.  I actually forgot about him for a bit even though he's on my IR.

Playoffs are in a couple of weeks. Hoping this dude is ready to go by next week. No sense in playing him before ASB. That ankle is worrying me.

18 minutes ago, sitegnalp said:

If he isn't ready within 3 games after the ASB, then he's a drop for me and I'm picking someone else up.  

Lol, that sounds like the dumbest idea... unless you have clear indication he won't play post ASB. He's worth stashing till he plays. 

5 minutes ago, Russianog said:

Lol, that sounds like the dumbest idea... unless you have clear indication he won't play post ASB. He's worth stashing till he plays. 

in truth, a lot of people are probably burning bench spots and I'm guessing sitegnalp is doing that. It's dumb to think "drop" when he could be rounding a corner if you held all of this time... but I don't like burning non-IR spots.

I dropped him at the time of injury. The Suns have seen production from Josh Jackson tick up... I just don't see a lot of fantasy value the ROS playing on that dumpster fire team.

Edited by nlm

3 minutes ago, nlm said:

in truth, a lot of people are probably burning bench spots and I'm guessing sitegnalp is doing that. It's dumb to think "drop" when he could be rounding a corner if you held all of this time... but I don't like burning non-IR spots.

I dropped him at the time of injury. The Suns have seen production from Josh Jackson tick up... I just don't see a lot of fantasy value the ROS playing on that dumpster fire team.

Dumpster fires sometimes are the best for fantasy production. Shut down risk is real and the only thing that’ll affect his fantasy value ros. 

• Like 2

Yeah I probably would have been better off dropping him at the time of injury as previously mentioned, and pick up someone else like a Josh Jackson.  I do have D. Booker on my squad, hoping he'll continue to be played this season.

• Like 1

It’s a crowded court with a oubre, mikal, and Josh (with TJ back). Jackson has been balling but I don’t know how sustainable it will be once warren is back. He’s easily on another level and will change distribution of usage. Oubre has potential to carve out a role so that’s where I see him and Jackson splitting time

but you’re right, that’s a problem to deal with later. I probably held on too long. 

Edited by Russianog
  • Like 1

That's another thing I had meant to mention: Oubre and Bridges on top of Jackson in the mix with Warren. Not to mention Warren won't be all the way up to speed upon return. Fantasy playoffs are coming soon... a shut down doesn't worry me. Picking up rust does.

Does Isaac have a better ROS than Warren? Seems like they have similar output but Isaac can get you stocks.

8 hours ago, reverb said:

Does Isaac have a better ROS than Warren? Seems like they have similar output but Isaac can get you stocks.

This is literally a question for the Bench Coach section.  They don't really post similar output given Warren is so much better in FG% than him, which is another reason.

Not extremely optimistic. If he runs out of the gate, then that's great. But from my experience with him last season (form the mysterious head injury), he takes his time getting back to form. Yes, different injuries, but the comparable scenario as far as I can think of. Plus, Suns' PO schedule is not the best. Still holding and leaving him on IR for about a week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spd2base said:

Has he even practiced?

There has been no evidence to say he has/hasnt been practicing. However, I read a few sites last week saying he would possibly be starting in the games leading up to the all-star break which leads me to believe he should definitely be considered probable for the first game after the break. At least thats what i'm hoping...