SicarioSanity

TJ Warren 2018-2019 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

dude deserves to be on a better team, should be getting way more than 20mins... hell he should be starting

Yeah i honestly don't understand why they give him so few minutes. He has outperformed Josh Jackson, Ariza and Ryan Anderson even with his limited minutes. 

He was dropped in my league. Worth a pickup as an endof bench player or is this minutes issue severe enought to stay away from?

2 hours ago, reverb said:

He was dropped in my league. Worth a pickup as an endof bench player or is this minutes issue severe enought to stay away from?

His minutes will be an issue, but I have him anyway. Have no idea why he's not getting more minutes. At first I thought it was maybe poor defense but watching a bunch of games he seems fine on that end. Seems like Phoenix really trying to develop their young guys even though Warren still pretty young as well.

he doesnt hurt you anywhere so its easy to swallow occasional weird minutes..

he proved he can do a lot in 20 min

He may just be one of those guys that's better suited to leading the scoring on the second unit. At least he has the greenlight when he's in there. He's also been sharing the floor with Josh Jackson a fair amount which is reassuring. Looking at their lineup stats it looks like Ariza is actually his biggest hurdle to starters minutes, but again, I get the feeling the Suns like to bring him off the bench as a scorer on the second unit. 

4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Source?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

I dont really care if he starts or comes off bench, as long as he gets minimum 25 minutes a night I'll be happy.  If 30+ I'll be estatic

Agree about the minutes but I prefer him coming off the bench cause his usage is so much higher when not playing with Booker

Wait so he started yet only logged 23 mins? I didn't watch any of the game last night, what happened... was it truly just foul trouble??  And why the hell is Ryno getting 20+ minutes 

4 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

Wait so he started yet only logged 23 mins? I didn't watch any of the game last night, what happened... was it truly just foul trouble??  And why the hell is Ryno getting 20+ minutes 

Foul trouble and the dude had like 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Foul trouble and the dude had like 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter

Raptors fan and Warren owner here.

Personally I didn't think Warren played that bad. The suns as a team looked awful. Warren attacked the rim and took a lot of contact on a couple plays, ones that he usually finishes on. I expect some ups and downs all year from him given the state of the suns. I just think more often than not he will be needed for 25+ minutes because they lack options to put the ball in the basketball after Booker/Ayton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corey_rideout said:

Raptors fan and Warren owner here.

Personally I didn't think Warren played that bad. The suns as a team looked awful. Warren attacked the rim and took a lot of contact on a couple plays, ones that he usually finishes on. I expect some ups and downs all year from him given the state of the suns. I just think more often than not he will be needed for 25+ minutes because they lack options to put the ball in the basketball after Booker/Ayton.

I agree hes good for 15+ points, 1.5 threes, good %, low TOs, and 1-1.5 stocks in 25 min role.